Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yesterday I believe I was the victim of racial profiling

Yesterday I believe I was the victim of racial profiling

Got into my car in a (albeit deserted) car park at about 6.30. Turned my lights and engine on and found myself a podcast to listen to. Suddenly a police van screeches into the car park from nowhere and blocks me in. Five (FIVE!!!) police officers get out, one next to my passenger door, two behind and one at the driver's door.

It's fair to say I very nearly lost my **** right there.

Anyway, turned out there'd been a spate of burglaries in the area and they considered my behaviour suspicious. They blocked me and surrounded me in incase I tried to drive or run away.

I was amazed they would approach me so aggressively for what was effectively a spot-check. Especially as they had clearly run a check on my car already as they knew my name.

Yeah sorry about that. My mate's a copper and I asked him to do me a favour.

One of the best things about not living in london is not having to deal with the met

Utter, utter fascists.

It's like Rik never went away

God Bless St Cliff

Personally I enjoy my police not being corrupt, thieving, money-grabbing *******s

It's a bonus

Rub chin Don't you live in Yorkshire?

Was it the Met? They are complete arseholes.

Absolutely. I don't think I have a black friend that hasn't been stopped for some spurious reason

Yeah, the odd thing is the police are nice. It's weird

still nobody has ever 'confiscated' money or *ahem* anything else from me up here.

would get regularly "taxed" around N4 back in the day