Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Apprently Pep is going to Munich, according to Bild and Kicker (now confirmed by Bayern)

Apprently Pep is going to Munich, according to Bild and Kicker (now confirmed by Bayern)

I'm a bit surprised by this. I expected a bold move from Kroenke here to take charge.

Bringing Pep in and moving Arsene upstairs and then allowing the new manager to use the new money to build the new team.

Going into his final year, unless he re-signs, is that really when you want the current manager to make major acquisitions?

That's precisely when you want Wenger as your manager

Who else would you trust more to make decisions in the club's long-term interests?

So am i, thought he might come to England (not us though)

I would like Klopp to come to us, a mix of Wenger and Graham. I don't think any manager can work with Wenger upstairs.

If the new manager wants to play the same style and has the same vision.

Shouldn't the new manager have the freedom to manage as he sees fit, not how Wenger does?

Wenger was our greatest manager, and it has been a privilege, but the next manager deserves full support, not hand tied behind his back.

All the big clubs have some sort of technical director looking over the manager's shoulder.

You're probably right - Wenger wants complete control and would stifle a manager.

Well, there's always another top manager available, right. Remember when AVB was the next best thing?

But Wenger is in the business of buying good players - tis all.

The risk with others managers in their final season is often that they will try to make quick-fix signings, either to go out with one final hurrah, or to save their jobs.

No worries of either with Wenger. He will do whatever is best for the club long-term.