Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Awimb's decline. The legends all retired. Then the likes of Fash came along but couldn't

Awimb's decline. The legends all retired. Then the likes of Fash came along but couldn't

quite do it.
    Then you spent the last year relying on modd and look where that's got the place.

Ever since modd left we've been ****.

the weaklings, you mean. the freeloaders, the amateurs. now we have a hardened cadre.

I believe the quality issue on awimb is more to do with the average age here

I assume there are lots of early 20 somethings that have grown up with a successful team and now feel success is a given right

I think the consumerfication of football fans has been much more

influential in eroding the tolerance levels of football fans to lack of "success".

Football fans are certainly treated well as consumers in terms of the match day experience, but the disconnect between the fans and players and - in Arsenal's case the manager - has been extremely damaging to fan/club relations.

Aye. Maybe I will develop a more balanced view on things once I reach my 30s.

We talking IQ here?

I used to enjoy getting the bus home with the players.

You never see the likes of Nasri and Chamakh walking to the ground with the fans anymore.

A lot of the moaners are a fair bit older imo

EUFS must at least be in his mid-30s (I picture a wasted Steptoe-like creature), and Redflag brought up us drawing with Leeds in the 70's yesterday iirc.

I just wonder if's sustainable for fans, now that they are full blown consumers, to be kept so

utterly in the dark about what's going on at their club, in particular on-pitch matters. It is pretty bad customer relations to basically not tell your customers ANYTHING when they lack the resources (intelligence) to work it out for themselves.