Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If we are amking a bid for Zaha then it would seem Walcott is going but I can't help thinking this

If we are amking a bid for Zaha then it would seem Walcott is going but I can't help thinking this

is a backward step, Zaha looks like Walcott lite to me.

They're both quick but that's all they have in common. Zaha looks to have good technical

ability to beat a man and quick feet. Very exciting prospect

I don't mean this in a rude way old boy.

Have you actually seen Zaha play?

I haven't.

In the three minutes you've seen of him.

If you were willing to embrace new media, you could watch him on a site called

YouTube.

I just did. He's ****.

I thought you were talking to me for a minute

when you said old

I am a fan of new media, I own an iPod.

Though it goes without saying that one would never be so crude as to make judgement on a player based on a purposely edited highlights clip on YouTube.

Well I'm not sure you can edit highlights to make a player look like he's done something

that he's not actually done.

Of course not but you're seeing snippets of skill.

So much more to the game than just that as you well know. Take Arshavin for example, a YouTuber could produce a wee video of him to make him look like a footballing magician, which some would say he is or can be. The reality however is that his career at Arsenal has been a huge letdown as football is more than just nutmegs and drag backs.

There is no doubt that the lad Zaha is talented, he is after all a professional footballer than just recently has been capped at international level.

I'm not personally going to rush out and claim him to be brilliant on the basis that we want to sign him, nor on the other hand am I goign to describe him as 'Walcott Lite".

Simply put I will wait until I see him play a few times, ideally in the flesh as such/

Don't bother, seriously. Kid's a 'tard right now. Will need at least four years under

Wenger before he's a proper player.