Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Substitutions

Substitutions

Bould's comments that Wenger ses a time prematch for his substitutions are not anything new. It's been mentioned before and that's why we see him making these late ones that are not required For example the one that caused him all the agro at home against United last season when he pulled off AOC and brought on Arshavin -RVP showed what he thought about that along with a number of supporters.
    Obviously there are times when Wenger is forced by circumstances to make unwanted changes -players who are nonperforming or tactical considerations however are rarely the reason for him doing it.

He took Chamberlain off as he was knackered

and injured

Ah- I wasn't sure that was the case but thought so

Re: He took Chamberlain off as he was knackered

Really?

Re: Ah- I wasn't sure that was the case but thought so

Here is what Wenger said about the substtution.''I can understand that the fans are upset about the substitution, especially when it doesn't work, but he (Oxlade-Chamberlain) had started to fatigue,'' he said. ''He was sick in the week. Arshavin is captain of the Russia national team."
    This all looks to me like a load of *******s to try and cover up for another piss poor decision by Wenger - he lets the cat out the bag when he admits that his substitution did not work. End of.

Looks to me as you make wild accusations based on very little fact

Re: Looks to me as you make wild accusations based on very little fact

Shut up you boring imbecile.

Essentially you're saying you don't believe AW?

Well played sir, a classic retort when it appeared you didn't have a leg to stand on