Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will the host country boo their own national anthem?

Will the host country boo their own national anthem?

Evidently this is a distinct possibility in soccerball when GBR hosts Uruguay at the Millineum Stadium in Cardiff.

tough one for the officials. Requesting that the Welshers keep their mouths shut would certainly have the opposite effect.

We should just threaten them with independence, chief

that would soon shut the f**kers up. They can go and join Europe

They haven't booed it in either of the women's games played there so far Shrug

Mind there didn't seem to be many people there to boo.

We should give them to Ireland imo.

that's what I was thinking.

getting them off the dole might go a long ways towards solving your budget issues.

Of course they would then flee over your way in droves.

Even Ireland has standards Ash!

I find it all a bit puzzling really. If God Save Queenie isn't the anthem of the little countries

then why is it the anthem of GB? Shouldn't we write a new one explicitly for the whole union, that everyone can sign up to?

I suggest the James Bond theme. Even the Shcottish should be able go with that.

Brillinant idea, Ash. an anthem with no words is the way forward, imo. and something under 60 secs

best to avoid a debacle like this over the weekend:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/parents-defend-11-y ear-old-singer-worst-national-anthem-article-1.1125044

Click on the video at the bottom, I dare you.

Here's my nomination, a bit Scotch centric but I'm sure it could be adapted...

unfortunately GSTQ is England's anthem... England should choose another imho

..... also isnt one of the verses about "quashing rebellious Scots" or something? hardly going to go down well in the streets around Glasgow....