View Full Version : Crystal Palace putting Manchester United to the sword.

redgunamo
05-06-2024, 08:25 PM
Surely we COULDN'T, could we ..

Peter
05-06-2024, 08:56 PM
Surely we COULDN'T, could we ..

As city are going to plough through spurs like a knife through butter, it really doesn't matter.

I still think we will blow it though 😔

redgunamo
05-06-2024, 09:26 PM
As city are going to plough through spurs like a knife through butter, it really doesn't matter.

I still think we will blow it though 😔

There's always Fulham. And Manchester United may even have a new manager by the time we visit :-\

Peter
05-06-2024, 10:01 PM
There's always Fulham. And Manchester United may even have a new manager by the time we visit :-\

Fulham is probably our best hope. West Ham seem to be hitting a certain kind of form :-(

PSRB
05-07-2024, 07:48 AM
Fulham is probably our best hope. West Ham seem to be hitting a certain kind of form :-(

Fingers crossed they'll pull out one decent performance for Moyes....unlikely but I live in hope.

If we drop points against United, I will be very cross!! They are ****ing dreadful.

IUFG
05-07-2024, 08:12 AM
If we drop points against United, I will be very cross!! They are ****ing dreadful.

We can always find a way, p...

and

since January we've gained a point on City, and they'll still pip us...
https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/premier-league/jahrestabelle/wettbewerb/GB1

incredible from both teams tbf

PSRB
05-07-2024, 08:26 AM
We can always find a way, p...

and

since January we've gained a point on City, and they'll still pip us...
https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/premier-league/jahrestabelle/wettbewerb/GB1

incredible from both teams tbf

My concern is, surely they can't be that bad twice in a row. That said, spurs have done it 4x in a row.

redgunamo
05-07-2024, 09:28 AM
My concern is, surely they can't be that bad twice in a row. That said, spurs have done it 4x in a row.

They know all they have to do is score first and then let Old Trafford do the rest; that's their best hope.

They were awful last night; no pep, no ginger, no enterprise. And they're hapless and looked like they'd all just about had enough of it.

Peter
05-07-2024, 09:29 AM

My concern is just United. They hate us. It is easier for them to accept City winning another title than us winning it as they can sit there and label City as a bunch of cheats. Us winning it is a nightmare for them.

However.... we are capable of winning there. We've shown we can handle these games this season (more now than earlier in the season) and it is hard to argue with the fact that they are a much better side than them. But on their day, when they want to be, they are a decent side.

The nightmare scenario is City drop points at Fulham and then we don't win at Old Trafford. But **** it! We are still in it and that is an achievement.

Peter
05-07-2024, 09:31 AM
They know all they have to do is score first and then let Old Trafford do the rest; that's their best hope.

They were awful last night; no pep, no ginger, no enterprise. And they're hapless and looked like they'd all just about had enough of it.

But when we rock up that changes. :-(

It's down to us. Let us say United put in a really strong performance. At our best, we are good enough to handle that and still win.

So we need to be at our best :-)

IUFG
05-07-2024, 11:22 AM
So we need to be at our best :-)

or hope that the players really want EtH out...

PSRB
05-07-2024, 11:25 AM
My concern is just United. They hate us. It is easier for them to accept City winning another title than us winning it as they can sit there and label City as a bunch of cheats. Us winning it is a nightmare for them.

However.... we are capable of winning there. We've shown we can handle these games this season (more now than earlier in the season) and it is hard to argue with the fact that they are a much better side than them. But on their day, when they want to be, they are a decent side.

The nightmare scenario is City drop points at Fulham and then we don't win at Old Trafford. But **** it! We are still in it and that is an achievement.

:nod: I'd have taken this situation at the start of the season.

IUFG
05-07-2024, 11:28 AM

two managers that clearly don't give a flying fvck about the defensive side of the game. In EtH's case, the attack neither.

redgunamo
05-07-2024, 11:52 AM
two managers that clearly don't give a flying fvck about the defensive side of the game. In EtH's case, the attack neither.

Cheeky bid for Marcus Rashford in the Summer?

PSRB
05-07-2024, 11:55 AM
Cheeky bid for Marcus Rashford in the Summer?

Not for me, Clive. Poor attitude and believes his own hype.

redgunamo
05-07-2024, 12:05 PM

Fair enough. Guess he'd cost too much for that.

Just trying to keep an open mind regarding who or what we might need. Or even end up with :-\

Peter
05-07-2024, 12:16 PM

Good Rashford- yes

Actual Rashford- wouldn't give you 50 quid for him. A guy like that wouldn't last 6 months with Arteta. 'Values'......

Peter
05-07-2024, 12:16 PM
Fair enough. Guess he'd cost too much for that.

Just trying to keep an open mind regarding who or what we might need. Or even end up with :-\

How about this Olise chap?

redgunamo
05-07-2024, 12:38 PM

You'll have to do better than that, I'm afraid; Palace' players all look the same to me. Did he score last night? One goal or two?

If it's the fellow I think it might be then no. Have you not noticed we have no stupid hairstyles in the team? He would ruin everything!

redgunamo
05-07-2024, 12:44 PM
Good Rashford- yes

Actual Rashford- wouldn't give you 50 quid for him. A guy like that wouldn't last 6 months with Arteta. 'Values'......

Arteta would make sure we ended up with the good one. Or anyway, the acceptable one. Assuming he would even consider him.

Kai Havertz has bought the boss a large extra helping of benefit of the doubt concerning purported signings.

PSRB
05-07-2024, 01:10 PM

I prefer Eze but would be happy with either

Peter
05-07-2024, 01:11 PM
You'll have to do better than that, I'm afraid; Palace' players all look the same to me. Did he score last night? One goal or two?

If it's the fellow I think it might be then no. Have you not noticed we have no stupid hairstyles in the team? He would ruin everything!

Left footed. Arteta likes a southpaw.

Haven't seen much of him so I don't know.

Peter
05-07-2024, 01:13 PM
Arteta would make sure we ended up with the good one. Or anyway, the acceptable one. Assuming he would even consider him.

Kai Havertz has bought the boss a large extra helping of benefit of the doubt concerning purported signings.

Arteta doesn't turn these guys into serious professionals. He kicks out the ones that aren't.

Rashford is the type who turns up late for training. They don't change. I know, because I'm one of them :-)

redgunamo
05-07-2024, 01:32 PM
Arteta doesn't turn these guys into serious professionals. He kicks out the ones that aren't.

Rashford is the type who turns up late for training. They don't change. I know, because I'm one of them :-)

Excellent point!

About serious professionals, I mean. Not you :-)

redgunamo
05-07-2024, 01:40 PM
Left footed. Arteta likes a southpaw.

Haven't seen much of him so I don't know.

Having studied YouTube for ninety seconds, I now know EVERYTHING about him. Probably spends a little too much time and money at Dave's International Hair Salon in Peckham, as I suspected.

7sisters
05-07-2024, 01:54 PM
I quite like the look of the lad, Zirksee. From what I’ve seen on YouTube, looks strong; he doesn’t p155 around in the box.

https://youtu.be/zSgnio7DJHw?si=oWWPQ6vYlzGun8nI

7sisters
05-07-2024, 01:57 PM

You’re forgetting, Vieira though ?
Absolute litter for the money.

redgunamo
05-07-2024, 02:06 PM

We haven't really seen enough of him, have we. Maybe that tells it's own story.

redgunamo
05-07-2024, 02:09 PM
I quite like the look of the lad, Zirksee. From what I’ve seen on YouTube, looks strong; he doesn’t p155 around in the box.

Yes, he looks good. Though if it were me, right now I'd go for the English, Premier League player; time will soon start to become an issue.

Peter
05-07-2024, 02:26 PM
We haven't really seen enough of him, have we. Maybe that tells it's own story.

He needs to play. If Havertz hadn't been given the minutes to play through his problems we'd still be looking at early season Havertz.

Vieira needs minutes to be good enough to be playing :-(

Peter
05-07-2024, 02:28 PM
Excellent point!

About serious professionals, I mean. Not you :-)

Both points are true :-)

IUFG
05-07-2024, 02:32 PM

He doesn't score enough, imo. 1 goal in every 3 games.
www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/italian-serie-a/top-scorers

Peter
05-07-2024, 02:34 PM
He doesn't score enough, imo. 1 goal in every 3 games.
www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/italian-serie-a/top-scorers

And we already have one of those :-(

IUFG
05-07-2024, 02:41 PM
And we already have one of those :-(

if we are going to take a punt on a forrin league striker....

Viktor Gyökeres
Serhou Guirassy
Loïs Openda

and even then, you'd have to pay relatively daft money for any of those.

IUFG
05-07-2024, 02:45 PM

The lad needs to put on 20kg imo

Peter
05-07-2024, 04:28 PM
if we are going to take a punt on a forrin league striker....

Viktor Gyökeres
Serhou Guirassy
Loïs Openda

and even then, you'd have to pay relatively daft money for any of those.

Not convinced we need a striker. I think it is more about depth in other areas, and a new midfielder.

But Arteta and Edu will have their plans already.

WES
05-07-2024, 06:25 PM

You are kidding right, 7s? You honestly have not seen any talent in the lad? Have you not been watching? He is very talented but needs to add some weight and experience, basically to grow up a bit.

And I might point out your opinions on Havertz earlier in the season to generate some context.

You really do love giving up on players early, 7s.

redgunamo
05-07-2024, 08:24 PM

Can't underestimate Manchester United players though; one of them is even playing in a Champions League semi final tonight lol.

Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult
05-07-2024, 10:10 PM
You are kidding right, 7s? You honestly have not seen any talent in the lad? Have you not been watching? He is very talented but needs to add some weight and experience, basically to grow up a bit.

And I might point out your opinions on Havertz earlier in the season to generate some context.

You really do love giving up on players early, 7s.

When attacking - Dec, DM: Kai, CF: Fab/ESR "left-8"