PDA

View Full Version : This *Reaching out, shyte is really giving my @rse a toothache these days.

7sisters
04-29-2024, 04:24 PM
I accepted it from the septics, when I worked for them around 2015 ish, alongside preceding everything with, *super, it was typically part of the lexicon of US word ****ery.
I had a feeling it wouldn’t last before a few, limp wristed media types over here began enthusiastically gorging at the tits of anything Uncle Sam.
There’s barely an e-Mail receipt from a supplier that doesn’t thank me for, reaching out these days.
Who are these lemmings over here that feel it necessary to ditch the word, contact overnight ?
Reaching out ? I mean, what is that ? It gives me a sense of drifting at sea on a life raft, while clutching an oar from the RNLI.
Fark me.. :-(

Sir C
04-29-2024, 06:18 PM
I accepted it from the septics, when I worked for them around 2015 ish, alongside preceding everything with, *super, it was typically part of the lexicon of US word ****ery.
I had a feeling it wouldn’t last before a few, limp wristed media types over here began enthusiastically gorging at the tits of anything Uncle Sam.
There’s barely an e-Mail receipt from a supplier that doesn’t thank me for, reaching out these days.
Who are these lemmings over here that feel it necessary to ditch the word, contact overnight ?
Reaching out ? I mean, what is that ? It gives me a sense of drifting at sea on a life raft, while clutching an oar from the RNLI.

Another one. “Please populate the spreadsheet and share.”

Oh **** off.

pjlincs
04-30-2024, 08:40 AM
When your energy supplier signs off 'Love and power' . . . . . . . . :puke:

Peter
04-30-2024, 08:44 AM
Another one. “Please populate the spreadsheet and share.”

Oh **** off.

We all know, and accept, that language evolves. I think as you get older you realise that this evolution is generally driven by ****s.

Peter
04-30-2024, 08:45 AM

I am getting rather sick of people informing me that they are 'conscious' of something.

IUFG
04-30-2024, 09:09 AM
I am getting rather sick of people informing me that they are 'conscious' of something.

This morning's inbox includes...

"I hope your having a productive week"

"I'm circling back on my previous email"

"we can check your job adverts for all types of unconcious bias..."

"I'm excited to share with you..."

"Here at XXXXXX we're passionate about recruitment"

I mean, if anyone is passionate about recruitment, they need sectioning.

Peter
04-30-2024, 09:12 AM
This morning's inbox includes...

"I hope your having a productive week"

"I'm circling back on my previous email"

"we can check your job adverts for all types of unconcious bias..."

"I'm excited to share with you..."

"Here at XXXXXX we're passionate about recruitment"

I mean, if anyone is passionate about recruitment, they need sectioning.

Circling back? Circling ****ing back?? Jesus christ......

IUFG
04-30-2024, 09:16 AM

:cringe: innit

IUFG
04-30-2024, 09:21 AM
We all know, and accept, that language evolves. I think as you get older you realise that this evolution is generally driven by ****s.

indeed it is.

watching a cleaner the other day, she emptied a load of waste paper baskets and she replaced all the wafer-thin bin liners in an instant and tied the top of the bin liner tightly around the top of the basket with the tiniest amount of spare bin liner.

Now, that's an office skill.

7sisters
04-30-2024, 09:26 AM

There must be some kind of language think tank, somewhere in Silicon Valley, where these *visionaries sit around in a kind of, group hug, just randomly making this stuff up for 5h1ts and giggles.
At least, that’s how I’d like to console myself.

Peter
04-30-2024, 09:34 AM
indeed it is.

watching a cleaner the other day, she emptied a load of waste paper baskets and she replaced all the wafer-thin bin liners in an instant and tied the top of the bin liner tightly around the top of the basket with the tiniest amount of spare bin liner.

Now, that's an office skill.

Sure it. I often look at people and think we place value on the wrong things as a society.

John Bunnell
04-30-2024, 11:47 AM
I'm really hating the recent deluge of emails clearly re-written by CHATGPT. There's no personality or individuality in emails anymore.

Maravilloso Marvo
04-30-2024, 01:46 PM
I'm really hating the recent deluge of emails clearly re-written by CHATGPT. There's no personality or individuality in emails anymore.

I understand where you're coming from. It can be frustrating when emails lack that personal touch. Hopefully, we can find ways to inject a bit more individuality into our communications.

This post may have been written by ChatGPT...

John Bunnell
04-30-2024, 02:26 PM
I understand where you're coming from. It can be frustrating when emails lack that personal touch. Hopefully, we can find ways to inject a bit more individuality into our communications.

Thank you, Maravilloso Marvo, for your entertaining banter. I appreciate the lively discussions on Awimb, which brighten my day. However, I find it challenging to engage with WES due to his overly optimistic and self-congratulatory behavior.

Pat Vegas
05-02-2024, 12:34 PM

I used it when I had to send out an email for someone ****ting on the toilet floor.

IUFG
05-02-2024, 01:26 PM
I used it when I had to send out an email for someone ****ting on the toilet floor.

Dear Team,

It has come to our attention that there have been incidents of faeces being found on the toilet floors in the toilet rooms. This is a serious hygiene issue that needs to be addressed immediately.

It is unacceptable and unsanitary to leave faeces on the floor of the toilets. We expect all staff members to use the facilities in a clean and respectful manner. Please remember to properly dispose of waste in the designated receptacles.

We understand that accidents can happen, but it is important to take responsibility and clean up after yourself if such an incident occurs. If you are unable to clean up the mess, please notify a supervisor or the cleaning staff immediately.

Let's all work together to maintain a clean and safe working environment for everyone. Thank you for your attention to this matter.

Sincerely,

[Your Name]
[Your Title]

Not bad, tbf.

Though what sort of accident might it be?

Pat Vegas
05-02-2024, 01:30 PM
Dear Team,

It has come to our attention that there have been incidents of faeces being found on the toilet floors in the toilet rooms. This is a serious hygiene issue that needs to be addressed immediately.

It is unacceptable and unsanitary to leave faeces on the floor of the toilets. We expect all staff members to use the facilities in a clean and respectful manner. Please remember to properly dispose of waste in the designated receptacles.

We understand that accidents can happen, but it is important to take responsibility and clean up after yourself if such an incident occurs. If you are unable to clean up the mess, please notify a supervisor or the cleaning staff immediately.

Let's all work together to maintain a clean and safe working environment for everyone. Thank you for your attention to this matter.

Sincerely,

[Your Name]
[Your Title]

Not bad, tbf.

:hehe: almost identical to my email.

Peter
05-02-2024, 01:33 PM
Dear Team,

Sincerely,

[Your Name]
[Your Title]

Not bad, tbf.

Someone misread 'either **** or get off the pot' and did both at the same time.