PDA

View Full Version : I now realise how foolish it was to want Real Madrid to beat City in the CL

WES
04-29-2024, 01:02 PM
I'd struggle to see them winning their last 4 games with Barca home and away in the middle of that.

Bugger. :-(

Herbert Augustus Chapman
04-29-2024, 01:24 PM
I'd struggle to see them winning their last 4 games with Barca home and away in the middle of that.

Yes, it was silly beyond belief WES. I have messaged Peter to suggest that, at your next winky stroking session, he speaks very harshly to you.

Peter
04-29-2024, 01:27 PM

Same here, particularly as they would be playing Bayern :-)

Honestly, I don't think it makes much difference. City are so used to coping with this situation. I don't think there is any real chance of them dropping points apart from at Spurs. When you look at the games that Spurs have coming up there is a very good chance their top 4 hopes will be over by the time they play City.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
04-29-2024, 01:32 PM
But footy is strange. Teams whose season is over play with great confidence. And the players themselves aren't actually as sold on the NLD tosh as they make out. They're all mates ... use the same illegal gambling clubs and rape the witless chav tarts

7sisters
04-29-2024, 01:33 PM
Same here, particularly as they would be playing Bayern :-)

Honestly, I don't think it makes much difference. City are so used to coping with this situation. I don't think there is any real chance of them dropping points apart from at Spurs. When you look at the games that Spurs have coming up there is a very good chance their top 4 hopes will be over by the time they play City.

Well, quite but if they were to somehow draw, paving the way for us to win on goal difference, our fans could then crow about winning the league at White Hart Lane, without actually playing there.

Peter
04-29-2024, 01:53 PM
But footy is strange. Teams whose season is over play with great confidence. And the players themselves aren't actually as sold on the NLD tosh as they make out. They're all mates ... use the same illegal gambling clubs and rape the witless chav tarts

Yeah, of course. And anything can happen. City could drop points at Fulham, it is possible. It just isn't very likely.

The players don't give a **** about derbies but they know that we do. Yesterday I doubt it made much difference. Both sides needed a win for something that is clearly more important than a derby.

IUFG
04-29-2024, 02:37 PM
Yeah, of course. And anything can happen. City could drop points at Fulham, it is possible. It just isn't very likely.

As we could against Bournemouth on Saturday.
I seem to remember they were stubborn ****ers last season...

Peter
04-29-2024, 02:41 PM
As we could against Bournemouth on Saturday.
I seem to remember they were stubborn ****ers last season...

Certainly. And they are a decent side. But we should be able to deal with them.

Then it is on to United :-(

Sir C
04-29-2024, 06:25 PM
Yes, it was silly beyond belief WES. I have messaged Peter to suggest that, at your next winky stroking session, he speaks very harshly to you.

He’s going to love it h. Just picture Wes in a gimp mask with Peter nailing his scrotum to a plank whilst calling him a ****.

Back in 5.

WES
04-30-2024, 08:00 AM
He’s going to love it h. Just picture Wes in a gimp mask with Peter nailing his scrotum to a plank whilst calling him a ****.

Back in 5.

Steady on, Charles! A man of your age will take a lot longer than 5 and probably shouldn't be involved in all that malarkey anymore at all! :-)

On the upside, I can watch a Cl semi-final tonight with a relative air of indifference and enjoy the football. I might even have a beer. :thumbup:

Luis Anaconda
04-30-2024, 09:55 AM
Steady on, Charles! A man of your age will take a lot longer than 5 and probably shouldn't be involved in all that malarkey anymore at all! :-)

On the upside, I can watch a Cl semi-final tonight with a relative air of indifference and enjoy the football. I might even have a beer. :thumbup:

Even better when tomorrow is a holiday :) Up the Revolution

WES
04-30-2024, 10:33 AM

Yeah because if it wasn’t you’d be sat at home watching it with a lemonade :rolleyes:

redgunamo
04-30-2024, 12:05 PM

Indeed. Oh, Tannenbaum, oh, Tannenbaum; wie treu sind deine Blätter, as they say at Stamford Bridge.