PDA

View Full Version : Well that was stressful.

PSRB
04-29-2024, 08:04 AM
Main points to note:
1. Top ****housery from Benny White
2. scum going mad about the 'foul' by Trossard. Yes he clipped his heel but he wasn't even looking at him. Never a foul
3. Raya - superb, apart from that moment of madness
4. Vicario is shockingly weak at set pieces
5. Odegaard was poor
6. I do wish we'd try Martinelli through the middle. Twice Havertz was through but not quick enough

Pat Vegas
04-29-2024, 08:12 AM
Tomiyasu was a bit shakey.

It was a weird game. we were not that good but some how were 3-0 up :cloud9:

Job done on to the next one.
City won't drop points :-(

Though it would be very nice if some how Spurs ended up making us win the league.

PSRB
04-29-2024, 08:14 AM

Though it would be very nice if some how Spurs ended up making us win the league.

Do City play spurs before we play United? I just wonder if both sides won't really turn up in order to stuff their rivals

Pat Vegas
04-29-2024, 08:17 AM
Do City play spurs before we play United? I just wonder if both sides won't really turn up in order to stuff their rivals

I think we are first. so I think we can win the league at WHL without us being there.
I have run so many scenarios through my head mathmatically I am totally lost now.

IUFG
04-29-2024, 08:30 AM
Main points to note:
2. scum going mad about the 'foul' by Trossard. Yes he clipped his heel but he wasn't even looking at him. Never a foul
5. Odegaard was poor
6. I do wish we'd try Martinelli through the middle. Twice Havertz was through but not quick enough

we have an uncanny knack of making the last ten minutes of games we are in utter control of, absolutely exhausting.

Thought Odegaard did well tbh. To think, some people were comparing that ****housing rat, Maddison, to him :hehe:

re: 6 - Van De Ven is really, quite quick, tbf.

redgunamo
04-29-2024, 09:24 AM
Main points to note:
5. Odegaard was poor

Great from the manager too, backing off five-ten yards knowing they would have more energy than us.

PSRB
04-29-2024, 09:25 AM
we have an uncanny knack of making the last ten minutes of games we are in utter control of, absolutely exhausting.

Thought Odegaard did well tbh. To think, some people were comparing that ****housing rat, Maddison, to him :hehe:

He is quick but on the last one, it was Ben Davies as last man. Martinelli would have roasted him.

Maddison and Son were anonymous.

Pat Vegas
04-29-2024, 09:31 AM
He is quick but on the last one, it was Ben Davies as last man. Martinelli would have roasted him.

Can't quite work out Maddison's hair though.

Martinelli needs a bit of confidence urgently.

redgunamo
04-29-2024, 09:33 AM

Cuti Romero was good too; covered every blade of grass, IF that's what you want from your centre back. 50-odd GA is suggestive ..

Peter
04-29-2024, 10:19 AM

Exactly that. I thought we were ok in a first half that we won 3-0 and then largely excellent in a second half we lost 2-0.

The Raya mistake was absurd but other than that he was outstanding. I don't think there is a better keeper in the league on coming for balls into the box. Ramsdale would have struggled yesterday.

PSRB
04-29-2024, 10:20 AM
Romero was, by a distance, their best player.

Richarlison is a massive prick. At least Ben White's ****housery has a comedy value.

Peter
04-29-2024, 10:21 AM

I thought Havertz was brilliant. He took so long to play that pass to Saka that it turned out perfect :-)

Peter
04-29-2024, 10:23 AM
Romero was, by a distance, their best player.

Richarlison is a massive prick. At least Ben White's ****housery has a comedy value.

He really, really is. Nothing wrong with that, of course. Every squad needs an arsehole. Spurs never seem to be short of them.

We have Gabriel. He is becoming a world class irritant- winding up opponents but staying calm himself. While Saliba just quietly gets on with business alongside him :-)

PSRB
04-29-2024, 10:32 AM
He really, really is. Nothing wrong with that, of course. Every squad needs an arsehole. Spurs never seem to be short of them.

We have Gabriel. He is becoming a world class irritant- winding up opponents but staying calm himself. While Saliba just quietly gets on with business alongside him :-)

Point is, it makes him a worse player. Whereas White and Gabriel play superbly, whilst doing it. He just runs around like a headless chicken barging into people, sly elbows, etc and not using any of his actual talent. Watching him play for Brazil in the last WC and there's a very good player there as he just plays football.

Luis Anaconda
04-29-2024, 11:22 AM
Main points to note:
5. Odegaard was poor

Not enough said about Saka's first touch for his goal - a thing of absolute beauty

PSRB
04-29-2024, 11:32 AM
Not enough said about Saka's first touch for his goal - a thing of absolute beauty

It was indeed, Davies was in real trouble from that moment onwards.

Peter
04-29-2024, 11:43 AM

On another occasion he took down a long clearance with Davies right up his back. He had absolutely no 'give' in the foot to cushion the ball. I watched it a few times and I cannot work out how he manages to control the ball perfectly. It just doesn't make any sense.

Wonderful ball from Havertz.

Peter
04-29-2024, 11:46 AM
Point is, it makes him a worse player. Whereas White and Gabriel play superbly, whilst doing it. He just runs around like a headless chicken barging into people, sly elbows, etc and not using any of his actual talent. Watching him play for Brazil in the last WC and there's a very good player there as he just plays football.

I think the difference is that Gabriel and White are doing it deliberately as a bit of a wind up. Richarlison is actually just an angry prick who winds himself up. He can't help it.

IUFG
04-29-2024, 11:54 AM

It was so divine, that nothing can be said about it, la

IUFG
04-29-2024, 11:57 AM
I watched it a few times and I cannot work out how he manages to control the ball perfectly. It just doesn't make any sense.

Whilst all pros have a got a great first touch. Few have exquisite ones.

Bergkamp and Berbatov immediately spring to mind.

PSRB
04-29-2024, 11:58 AM

Martinelli does as well. I love watching him bring down cross field passes.

Peter
04-29-2024, 11:59 AM

Bergkamp is in a different league when it comes to technique.

IUFG
04-29-2024, 12:07 PM
Bergkamp is in a different league when it comes to technique.

Indeed.

Berbatov impressed me immensely - when he played for Monaco when they dicked us at home.

Peter
04-29-2024, 12:10 PM
Indeed.

Berbatov impressed me immensely - when he played for Monaco when they dicked us at home.
He then went and signed for Fulham, of all teams. Worng way around...

He played for Spurs and United. I am afraid I am too blinded by hatred to pass any fair or balanced comment :-)

Although strangely, I always thought Sheringham was a better player than people gave him credit for :hide:

IUFG
04-29-2024, 12:11 PM
Although strangely, I always thought Sheringham was a better player than people gave him credit for :hide:

Well there is that.

Sheringham is a cvnt. I certainly cannot see past that...

redgunamo
04-29-2024, 12:34 PM
Indeed.

He used to score lots of goals, at B04.

redgunamo
04-29-2024, 08:40 PM

Or about Thomas Partey.

redgunamo
04-29-2024, 08:41 PM

Or about Thomas Partey.