PDA

View Full Version : Ødegaard will not be with us for much longer. They will steal him from

Herbert Augustus Chapman
04-24-2024, 08:49 AM
us just like they stole Cesc :cry:

IUFG
04-24-2024, 08:54 AM

Unless we're cashing in, he's going nowhere, h.

pjlincs
04-24-2024, 09:08 AM
He'll stay. He wants a statue.

Sir C
04-24-2024, 09:46 AM

Go ahead and reopen that wound, why don't you :-(

WES
04-24-2024, 11:16 AM
Go ahead and reopen that wound, why don't you :-(

I would have thought the fact that he turned out not to be as good as Barca (and Arsenal) actually thought and ended up at Chelsea would have healed that wound for you, Charles.

Or maybe not :-\

Peter
04-24-2024, 12:50 PM
I would have thought the fact that he turned out not to be as good as Barca (and Arsenal) actually thought and ended up at Chelsea would have healed that wound for you, Charles.

Or maybe not :-\

It makes it worse. He was that good, it is just that he went to the only team in the world that didn't need him.

He should have stayed with us.

PSRB
04-24-2024, 12:54 PM
It makes it worse. He was that good, it is just that he went to the only team in the world that didn't need him.

He's admitted that recently

WES
04-24-2024, 01:19 PM

There was one season where for the first half of the season he scored more goals and I thought there was a legitimate argument that he was the best player in the league, better than Ronaldo. But he seemed to tail off after that and never quite reached those heights again. Wenger moved him forward but I thought he was a lot better for us when he played as one of the two in 4231 not as the middle of the three.

See also Santi Cazorla.

Peter
04-24-2024, 01:26 PM
There was one season where for the first half of the season he scored more goals and I thought there was a legitimate argument that he was the best player in the league, better than Ronaldo. But he seemed to tail off after that and never quite reached those heights again. Wenger moved him forward but I thought he was a lot better for us when he played as one of the two in 4231 not as the middle of the three.

See also Santi Cazorla.

It's a fair point, and I probably agree. Definitely agree re Cazorla who was an absolute wizard.

Odegaard is developing his game in deeper areas and becoming increasingly important there. He is fast becoming the heir to De Bruyne. As someone said yesterday, 30 million for him was tantamount to theft.

PSRB
04-24-2024, 02:14 PM

Was just reminded that certain elements of the fanbase lost their **** because we signed him and not Buendia :hehe:

Peter
04-24-2024, 02:20 PM
Was just reminded that certain elements of the fanbase lost their **** because we signed him and not Buendia :hehe:

The press insisted we had beaten to Buendia by Villa and it showed how far we had fallen. :-)