PDA

View Full Version : Top Bins. - I'm all up for immigrants speaking better slang than the natives,

Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult
04-21-2024, 03:16 PM
I did that for a bit in France, but Leo saying his goal was "Top bins." WTF is that?

I don't get modern footie parlance. Had to ask my mate what a low block was when Arseblog mentioned it. Apparently it's just modern speak for parking the bus.

Anyway, glad he top binned it, whatever it is, and that Ødin bowled the 'keeper 'round his legs. Don't think I've seen that before.

John Bunnell
04-21-2024, 03:51 PM
I did that for a bit in France, but Leo saying his goal was "Top bins." WTF is that?

I don't get modern footie parlance. Had to ask my mate what a low block was when Arseblog mentioned it. Apparently it's just modern speak for parking the bus.

Anyway, glad he top binned it, whatever it is, and that Ødin bowled the 'keeper 'round his legs. Don't think I've seen that before.

You can thank Soccer AM for that saying.

Also, fed up of people saying it was a fluke.

redgunamo
04-22-2024, 07:36 AM

Good points, G. :-\

PSRB
04-22-2024, 07:51 AM
You can thank Soccer AM for that saying.

Also, fed up of people saying it was a fluke.

A good old-fashioned toe poke, a highly underrated finish, imo

Peter
04-22-2024, 09:00 AM
A good old-fashioned toe poke, a highly underrated finish, imo

3 of the 7 points we needed :-)

PSRB
04-22-2024, 09:34 AM

:thumbup: Exactly, 4 to go!

In fact, just beat spurs and it's St. Totteringham's Day.

redgunamo
04-22-2024, 10:37 AM

When was the last time Declan Rice took a corner though? I worry that he's being targeted since it was pointed out that he was quite good at it.

Long way to go.