PDA

View Full Version : We could quite conceivably lose our next 4 matches on the spin

PSRB
04-16-2024, 08:04 AM
Munich (A) Kane penalty is a given
Wolves (A) I hope we aren't too tired from Munich
Chelsea (H) Typically they seem to have found some form
scum (A) We really should win this but it's a derby

I do hope I'm very wrong on this.

redgunamo
04-16-2024, 08:53 AM

Manchester City could do with losing a few. It would do them, and us, all the good in the world.

Peter
04-16-2024, 09:01 AM

They are all tough games, the first of them being beyond tough- and beyond us, I suspect.

If we lose to Wolves and Chelsea we will be going to Spurs looking to keep our hold on a top four place :-(

THings can go very wrong very quickly at the top of the table. But I am hoping they won't.

Peter
04-16-2024, 09:01 AM
Manchester City could do with losing a few. It would do them, and us, all the good in the world.

They may drop points at Spurs but I suspect the title will be done and dusted by then anyway.

IUFG
04-16-2024, 09:26 AM

If he continues to pick Zinchenko...

Sir C
04-16-2024, 10:36 AM

Munich (A) Gubbed
Wolves (A) Gubbed
Chelsea (H) Gubbed
Scum (A) Gubbed

PSRB
04-16-2024, 10:55 AM
Munich (A) Gubbed
Wolves (A) Gubbed
Chelsea (H) Gubbed
Scum (A) Gubbed

That's my fear.

Peter
04-16-2024, 11:10 AM
That's my fear.

And people call me pessimistic :-)

PSRB
04-16-2024, 11:12 AM
And people call me pessimistic :-)

I can just see us ****ing up top 4.....I'd like to think spurs will save us by being just as bad

Peter
04-16-2024, 11:35 AM
I can just see us ****ing up top 4.....I'd like to think spurs will save us by being just as bad

It would take something special to **** that up. Beyond the **** ups of the last two seasons.

If, as we suspect, we go out to Bayern tomorrow we can at least focus on trying to hang on to City for as long as possible. The home games are very winnable, the away games ranging from tricky (Wolves) to 'almost certainly won't win' (Spurs and specifically Old Trafford where we absolutely, positively will not win).

We should not give ourselves a problem with top 4. That would be ridiculous, particularly as Spurs have to play all of the top 3 and Villa have to go to Anfield.

WES
04-16-2024, 11:55 AM
It would take something special to **** that up. Beyond the **** ups of the last two seasons.

If, as we suspect, we go out to Bayern tomorrow we can at least focus on trying to hang on to City for as long as possible. The home games are very winnable, the away games ranging from tricky (Wolves) to 'almost certainly won't win' (Spurs and specifically Old Trafford where we absolutely, positively will not win).

We should not give ourselves a problem with top 4. That would be ridiculous, particularly as Spurs have to play all of the top 3 and Villa have to go to Anfield.

You lot really are unbelievable, must be the English in you. :-)

We win 10 of 11 with the 11th being a draw at City and are top of the league and all it takes is one bad half against Villa and we’re going to drop out of the top four?

Have a word with yourselves chaps :hehe:

Peter
04-16-2024, 12:09 PM
You lot really are unbelievable, must be the English in you. :-)

We win 10 of 11 with the 11th being a draw at City and are top of the league and all it takes is one bad half against Villa and we’re going to drop out of the top four?

Have a word with yourselves chaps :hehe:

Not strictly true. Firstly, the Villa game on top of a bad 30 or 40 minutes against Bayern. It isn't just one game.

Second, I am sure PSRB would agree that, as I, he was already worried about this before the Villa game :-)

The mistake you have made is in assuming we are thinking the worst after a bad game. Trust me, we were thinking it already.

Oh, and thank you, by the way. I have been enjoying Zeppelin ever since you dismissed them. Wonderful, wonderful band. I had forgotten so many of the reasons why I love them so much :-)

PSRB
04-16-2024, 12:11 PM
Not strictly true. Firstly, the Villa game on top of a bad 30 or 40 minutes against Bayern. It isn't just one game.

Second, I am sure PSRB would agree that, as I, he was already worried about this before the Villa game :-)

The mistake you have made is in assuming we are thinking the worst after a bad game. Trust me, we were thinking it already.

Oh, and thank you, by the way. I have been enjoying Zeppelin ever since you dismissed them. Wonderful, wonderful band. I had forgotten so many of the reasons why I love them so much :-)

:nod: I've given the reasons for my concern and think they're valid worries. I hope I'm wrong on all counts.

Peter
04-16-2024, 12:14 PM
:nod: I've given the reasons for my concern and think they're valid worries. I hope I'm wrong on all counts.

I remember Pep saying it last season. At a crucial point in the title race, where they were stretching their lead over us, he celebrated at a press conference that today meant they were guaranteed top 4.

Always look after your bottom line, and elevate your worst case scenario :-)

PSRB
04-16-2024, 12:17 PM
I remember Pep saying it last season. At a crucial point in the title race, where they were stretching their lead over us, he celebrated at a press conference that today meant they were guaranteed top 4.

Always look after your bottom line, and elevate your worst case scenario :-)

Exactly, top 4 first, then think about the title. We should have been 14 points clear of 5th. Now it's 11. 7 more points required from 6 games.

7sisters
04-16-2024, 01:04 PM
Pessimism is in our dna. We’ve been here quite often. The only other *big club facing similar media derision being Spurs; although, in our favour, at least we’ve an enviable trophy cabinet and always regarded as credible contenders.