PDA

View Full Version : Great save my pasty white arse

WES
04-15-2024, 08:12 AM
that Belgie bottle job should have buried that, there is no way any keeper should be given the chance to save that.

It's a completely different game 2nd half if we're leading 1-0.

On another topic, Jason Burt of the Tele appears to have become an anti-Arsenal c*nt of the highest order. Earlier in the season we celebrated too much which proved we were too immature to win the league, 10 wins and a draw at City later he's strangely quirt on the topic. One bad half against Villa and we're now chokers just like he always said.

C*nt.

PSRB
04-15-2024, 08:16 AM
that Belgie bottle job should have buried that, there is no way any keeper should be given the chance to save that.

On another topic, Jason Burt of the Tele appears to have become an anti-Arsenal c*nt of the highest order. Earlier in the season we celebrated too much which proved we were too immature to win the league, 10 wins and a draw at City later he's strangely quirt on the topic. One bad half against Villa and we're now chokers just like he always said.

C*nt.

My opinion is Trossard is a much better option from the bench, if Martinelli is fit, he should start.

7sisters
04-15-2024, 08:32 AM
My opinion is Trossard is a much better option from the bench, if Martinelli is fit, he should start.

The return of Jesus upfront has spoiled the balance. You can’t give a manager like Artera too many options. We looked a far better unit when the team picked itself

Peter
04-15-2024, 08:38 AM

C*nt.

This game was always going to be tough. Villa are a good side and have been pretty good against the top sides this season.

We looked vulnerable to the counter attack in the first half and then just couldn't control the game at all in the second. A lead may have helped, but I'm not convinced.

I do think he picked the wrong side. And I don't think we can afford to pick Zinchenko anymore. He is a major weakness in this side.

Maybe he was trying to save Jorginho for Wednesday but I really am struggling to understand why he didn't change the shape of the midfield in the second half. We were being outplayed and it was getting progressively worse.

Pat Vegas
04-15-2024, 08:40 AM
This game was always going to be tough. Villa are a good side and have been pretty good against the top sides this season.

We looked vulnerable to the counter attack in the first half and then just couldn't control the game at all in the second. A lead may have helped, but I'm not convinced.

I do think he picked the wrong side. And I don't think we can afford to pick Zinchenko anymore. He is a major weakness in this side.

Maybe he was trying to save Jorginho for Wednesday but I really am struggling to understand why he didn't change the shape of the midfield in the second half. We were being outplayed and it was getting progressively worse.

:nod: the warning signs were there before half time.

PSRB
04-15-2024, 08:45 AM
The return of Jesus upfront has spoiled the balance. You can’t give a manager like Artera too many options. We looked a far better unit when the team picked itself

Jesus and Zinny look far better in CL than in PL

Peter
04-15-2024, 08:51 AM
Jesus and Zinny look far better in CL than in PL

The team has outgrown them both. They improved us last season but now they are holding us back. We've got a left back who can't defend and a centre forward who doesn't score goals.

IUFG
04-15-2024, 09:34 AM
The team has outgrown them both. They improved us last season but now they are holding us back. We've got a left back who can't defend and a centre forward who doesn't score goals.

Said exactly that to my mate yesterday.

I'd be tempted to try Zinchenko in midfield if desperate, but he should be nowhere near a defensive role at any time in the future.

I reckon only Odegaard can hold his head up after that second half performance.

Peter
04-15-2024, 09:42 AM
Said exactly that to my mate yesterday.

I'd be tempted to try Zinchenko in midfield if desperate, but he should be nowhere near a defensive role at any time in the future.

I reckon only Odegaard can hold his head up after that second half performance.

I don't think Zinchenko can be trusted in any role. He is just so sloppy in possession everywhere.

redgunamo
04-15-2024, 09:52 AM

Harsh but fair, imo.

Peter
04-15-2024, 09:54 AM
Harsh but fair, imo.

You said it was a squad game!

redgunamo
04-15-2024, 09:56 AM
You said it was a squad game!

Actually, I bemoaned, lamented the fact.

Peter
04-15-2024, 10:01 AM

Our style of play certainly doesn't seem to lend itself to rotation. Maybe we should always just 'concentrate on the league'.

Pat Vegas
04-15-2024, 10:09 AM

as Arteta has little regard for the other cup comps it seems. I don't think we need to rotate so much.

redgunamo
04-15-2024, 10:20 AM
Our style of play certainly doesn't seem to lend itself to rotation. Maybe we should always just 'concentrate on the league'.

Yes, indeed. League and FA Cup should be alright. Europe ****s us though. Trouble is (and stop me if you've heard this one before) IT'S THE BLOODY EUROPEAN CUP AND ALL OUR TOP PLAYERS WANT TO PLAY IN IT!

There's nothing to be done about that; if we want hundred million pound players, we have to find the money for them somehow.

redgunamo
04-15-2024, 10:24 AM
as Arteta has little regard for the other cup comps it seems. I don't think we need to rotate so much.

Win on Wednesday night and all will be forgiven, for now. It will have worked.

Peter
04-15-2024, 10:28 AM
Win on Wednesday night and all will be forgiven, for now. It will have worked.

Win on Wednesday night and we get City in the semi final :-(

Unbeaten against them this season :-)

redgunamo
04-15-2024, 10:32 AM
Win on Wednesday night and we get City in the semi final :-(

Unbeaten against them this season :-)

And Thomas Partey will be there, like a new signing :-)

Peter
04-15-2024, 10:33 AM
Yes, indeed. League and FA Cup should be alright. Europe ****s us though. Trouble is (and stop me if you've heard this one before) IT'S THE BLOODY EUROPEAN CUP AND ALL OUR TOP PLAYERS WANT TO PLAY IN IT!

There's nothing to be done about that; if we want hundred million pound players, we have to find the money for them somehow.

The only solution is to buy more 100 million pound players so we have enough :-)

Or finish 5th. Nobody wants to play in the Europa League.

Peter
04-15-2024, 10:34 AM

He's exactly like one of our new signings. Timber :-(

pjlincs
04-15-2024, 10:53 AM

But which category of new signing?

His recent cameo appearances have been very wayward.

WES
04-16-2024, 07:25 AM

Hmmm :rubchin:

Yet against Bayern you supported bringing on Zinny because we needed to control midfield and Jesus created the equaliser from Trossard?

You don't think that maybe they both are good, useful, squad players but shouldn't be in our first 11? Or is that what you meant to say, Peter? :-)

redgunamo
04-16-2024, 08:49 AM
But which category of new signing?

His recent cameo appearances have been very wayward.

They have, yeah. I presume it's just him getting back up to speed.

redgunamo
04-16-2024, 08:52 AM
He's exactly like one of our new signings. Timber :-(

So what you're saying is, No More New Signings? Either that or, LOADS More New Signings :-\

Peter
04-16-2024, 08:59 AM
So what you're saying is, No More New Signings? Either that or, LOADS More New Signings :-\

Precisely. In our out. All or nothing. **** or get off the pot.