PDA

View Full Version : When we pitifully surrender the Title challenge in this manner, does Sir C still come

Herbert Augustus Chapman
04-14-2024, 06:03 PM
along and start lachrymosely pining for Wenger?

Sir C
04-14-2024, 06:30 PM

�� It’s a different world now h. When you’re competing against oil or gangster money and therefore can’t afford a loss or a draw, there’s no point getting enthused or interested.

In short, the game died the day Abramovich came along and we’re all just clinging on for the sake of sentimentality.

redgunamo
04-14-2024, 07:26 PM

Oddly enough, we had similar issues back then too; great attacking play and not enough goals to reward our dominance.

Pat Vegas
04-15-2024, 07:56 AM
�� It’s a different world now h. When you’re competing against oil or gangster money and therefore can’t afford a loss or a draw, there’s no point getting enthused or interested.

In short, the game died the day Abramovich came along and we’re all just clinging on for the sake of sentimentality.

we always mess it up. should have won it in 2016.

PSRB
04-15-2024, 08:02 AM

11 points dropped to Villa and Fulham does not win you titles.

Pat Vegas
04-15-2024, 08:07 AM

Yesterday is on Arteta. trying to shoehorn Jesus into the squad. as for Zinchenko he's disaster. as soon as he is on the pitch Gabriel starts playing crap.

He had a solid 11 that was playing well for a while. and since those 2 have returned he's started tinkering again and it's not the time for it.

But apparently he needs more time.

few others need to start improving. Martinelli is gonig backwards,
Saka not immune I think he's been poor quite often lately and very predictiable.
Jesus cocked up 3 easy headers in 3 games.

PSRB
04-15-2024, 08:08 AM
Yesterday is on Arteta. trying to shoehorn Jesus into the squad. as for Zinchenko he's disaster. as soon as he is on the pitch Gabriel starts playing crap.

He had a solid 11 that was playing well for a while. and since those 2 have returned he's started tinkering again and it's not the time for it.

Wish Odegaard had seen the ball to Martinelli, he looked shattered by that point though.

Pat Vegas
04-15-2024, 08:09 AM
Wish Odegaard had seen the ball to Martinelli, he looked shattered by that point though.

Odegaard was really good yesterday first half. pleasure to watch and he was doing the same against Bayern

Herbert Augustus Chapman
04-15-2024, 08:16 AM
Oddly enough, we had similar issues back then too; great attacking play and not enough goals to reward our dominance.

in our opponents box. Wenger’s DNA still haunts us. I’ve never even heard of this Emery chap but he clearly outfought and outmanouevred LegoHead so the solution is simple - sack Arteta and employ Emery ( how’s his English? )

Herbert Augustus Chapman
04-15-2024, 08:20 AM

Well at least Chelsea seem to be getting their just desserts these days. As for Oilygarks, I am developing a loathing of Pep GardyHola that nearly matches how I felt abour Sir Alex Boilerface.

Peter
04-15-2024, 08:42 AM

We're not quite ready. There's always next season :-(

It is really important that we don't collapse now, as we have done at this stage in the last two seasons.

PSRB
04-15-2024, 08:46 AM

It is really important that we don't collapse now, as we have done at this stage in the last two seasons.

My view yesterday was that a win would have put us 14 clears of 5th rather than we'd the league. At least spurs got battered.

Pat Vegas
04-15-2024, 08:48 AM

We will, then we'll start winning again and the table will say it was a close race once city take their foot off the gas,

We do it ever year. if it's to finish 4th or win a league we always fall apart. Villa are not far behind us points wise either.

Peter
04-15-2024, 08:54 AM
My view yesterday was that a win would have put us 14 clears of 5th rather than we'd the league. At least spurs got battered.

An entirely sensible view- I thought the same. :-)

As much as you try and talk yourself out of believing, it does creep in somehow :-(

Peter
04-15-2024, 08:55 AM
We will, then we'll start winning again and the table will say it was a close race once city take their foot off the gas,

We do it ever year. if it's to finish 4th or win a league we always fall apart. Villa are not far behind us points wise either.

We must not fall apart! And we are still in the Champions League. Wednesday is now the priority. Title race is not over, but catching City is not something that a sensible man expects.

Pat Vegas
04-15-2024, 09:01 AM
We must not fall apart! And we are still in the Champions League. Wednesday is now the priority. Title race is not over, but catching City is not something that a sensible man expects.

a victory on Wednesday help it. but I have feeling we are going to get destroyed. All depends on Arteta's team selection imo

Peter
04-15-2024, 09:03 AM
a victory on Wednesday help it. but I have feeling we are going to get destroyed. All depends on Arteta's team selection imo

I cannot see us winning. But you never know.

redgunamo
04-15-2024, 09:38 AM

Granit Xhaka could be key. Now his Bundesliga season's over, could we borrow him back short-term and will he be sober :-\

Sir C
04-15-2024, 09:46 AM

We're going to get gubbed p, and you know it.

redgunamo
04-15-2024, 09:46 AM

few others need to start improving. Martinelli is gonig backwards,
Saka not immune I think he's been poor quite often lately and very predictiable.
Jesus cocked up 3 easy headers in 3 games.

It's a squad game nowadays, P :-\

Pat Vegas
04-15-2024, 09:49 AM
Granit Xhaka could be key. Now his Bundesliga season's over, could we borrow him back short-term and will he be sober :-\

And we wondered why he wanted to leave? the process was about to go 'bang'

Peter
04-15-2024, 09:52 AM
We're going to get gubbed p, and you know it.

We are capable of losing narrowly :-)

Pat Vegas
04-15-2024, 09:56 AM
We are capable of losing narrowly :-)

How about a good old fashioned Champions league robbery from an official?
:shout:

Peter
04-15-2024, 10:03 AM
How about a good old fashioned Champions league robbery from an official?
:shout:

Well we are effectively 1-0 down at kick off when you factor in the Harry Kane penalty. Or do you mean an additional robbery? :-)

Pat Vegas
04-15-2024, 10:07 AM
Well we are effectively 1-0 down at kick off when you factor in the Harry Kane penalty. Or do you mean an additional robbery? :-)

I blame ISIS they unsettled the players.
Hopefully they are quiet this week.

redgunamo
04-15-2024, 10:13 AM
And we wondered why he wanted to leave? the process was about to go 'bang'

Das Projekt. Or should it be ¿El proyecto? :-|

Fairplay to him, congratulation and a' that. Once a gunner ..

redgunamo
04-15-2024, 10:14 AM
I blame ISIS they unsettled the players.
Hopefully they are quiet this week.

They simply didn't turn up on the day, Clive.

Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult
04-15-2024, 12:27 PM

That has basically been my take for over a decade.

Though it does put Klopp's one title and two near misses into perspective.