PDA

View Full Version : Under the circumstances

Peter
04-09-2024, 09:00 PM
That is a decent result.

Penalty is a big call.

Pat Vegas
04-09-2024, 09:01 PM
I don’t think it was a pen. I think Saka dangled his leg out.

Peter
04-09-2024, 09:03 PM
I think I agree. But the keeper has seriously dodged a bullet there.

redgunamo
04-09-2024, 09:15 PM
Kai does that too. And Jesus.

:-(

Peter
04-09-2024, 09:17 PM

I think I'm saying if Kane does it, it's a penalty. And will be next week 😒

Pat Vegas
04-09-2024, 09:26 PM

I have turned the telly off and haven’t looked at the play further. But Saka should be going for the goal if he can there.

redgunamo
04-09-2024, 09:30 PM
I think I agree. But the keeper has seriously dodged a bullet there.

It's like that scene in Godfather 2, when Apollonia takes a "dive" hoping that Michael will do the gentlemanly thing and catch her. The old folks watching laugh knowing exactly what's going on.

redgunamo
04-09-2024, 09:38 PM

I've said before, I think the issue is officials have decided our players often go down a bit too easily. We do get plenty of penalties and free-kicks though so it's hardly worth complaining about. Until it happens at a moment when you'd really rather it didn't :-\

redgunamo
04-09-2024, 09:46 PM
I have turned the telly off and haven’t looked at the play further. But Saka should be going for the goal if he can there.

It's almost like he'd made his mind up, poor bloke.

Peter
04-09-2024, 10:17 PM
I've said before, I think the issue is officials have decided our players often go down a bit too easily. We do get plenty of penalties and free-kicks though so it's hardly worth complaining about. Until it happens at a moment when you'd really rather it didn't :-\

Sometimes they do (go down a bit too easily).

A draw was a fair result there. No complaints from me. As Hyman Roth says, this is the business we chose.

John Bunnell
04-10-2024, 04:15 AM
That is a decent result.

Penalty is a big call.

It's a piss poor result tbh yes Bayern have pedigree but they are not that great currently and our goals conceded were unbelievably sloppy.

I'm nothing but annoyed.

Sir C
04-10-2024, 07:11 AM
That is a decent result.

Penalty is a big call.

Their players looked stronger and more technical than ours. An experience thing, maybe?

I hope that hasn’t taken too much out of us 😟

redgunamo
04-10-2024, 07:20 AM
Their players looked stronger and more technical than ours. An experience thing, maybe?

I hope that hasn’t taken too much out of us ��

Dog v Postman? Leonard versus Hagler? They did seem bigger than us but we are more nimble. It's on.

PSRB
04-10-2024, 07:42 AM

:nod: I think his leg is out there due to the rapid change of direction. It's a pen for me, Clive

IUFG
04-10-2024, 07:53 AM

There's a leg being dangled out more, here...
https://e0.365dm.com/24/04/1600x900/skysports-bukayo-saka-manuel-neuer_6516567.jpg?20240410073458

Given some that I've seen given in Europe this season, that was a pelanty, imo.

Peter
04-10-2024, 09:49 AM

I hope that hasn’t taken too much out of us ��

We made some errors that we haven't been making for a while so I do think the occasion got to us a bit. In the build up to the first goal, Rice moves towards the runner leaving a big space behind him, which is where the pass goes. 99 times out of 100 Rice just sits in the space and covers the runner. Panic.

This team has got better every season for 3 years and has learned every lesson its been given. Last night was another one.

Peter
04-10-2024, 09:51 AM
It's a piss poor result tbh yes Bayern have pedigree but they are not that great currently and our goals conceded were unbelievably sloppy.

I'm nothing but annoyed.

By circumstances I meant that we didn't play well and it could have been a lot worse.

It's unlikely that we get through now, but we are back at the top table.