PDA

View Full Version : I have a confession

Pat Vegas
04-04-2024, 11:08 AM
that north london forever song is growing on me :hide:

then again wonder of you did too until that bloody CL game against United.

PSRB
04-04-2024, 11:12 AM

I'm good with it and it's ours and not nicked/not relevant. Everyone gets involved and the team seem to respond to it.

Pat Vegas
04-04-2024, 11:15 AM
I'm good with it and it's ours and not nicked/not relevant. Everyone gets involved and the team seem to respond to it.

makes me miss Islington :-(

PSRB
04-04-2024, 11:17 AM
makes me miss Islington :-(

Arsenal Football Club is literally the only thing I miss about London.

Peter
04-04-2024, 11:21 AM

I miss the London that I liked but hardly any of it is left.

I was in Camden 6 months ago and it was so ****ing depressing. Tourist hell :-(

Sir C
04-04-2024, 11:23 AM
I miss the London that I liked but hardly any of it is left.

I was in Camden 6 months ago and it was so ****ing depressing. Tourist hell :-(

You knew Camden before it was tourist hell, p? Are you 106 years old?

PSRB
04-04-2024, 11:24 AM

:hehe: Never a part of London I particularly enjoyed going to.

Peter
04-04-2024, 11:25 AM

When I was young it was a disgusting place, infested with drugs, unsavoury types, filthy boozers and nightclubs. It was great :-)

It's horrible now. All clean and disinfected. And full of ****s.

Pat Vegas
04-04-2024, 11:35 AM

can't stand it now. I don't mind going to the office once a week as we are in the West end, takes forever when I go to visit my parents in Finsbury park. I will insist on driving there even though they have done everything possible to make it as unattractive as an option as possible.

Luis Anaconda
04-04-2024, 11:59 AM
can't stand it now. I don't mind going to the office once a week as we are in the West end, takes forever when I go to visit my parents in Finsbury park. I will insist on driving there even though they have done everything possible to make it as unattractive as an option as possible.
Do you mean your parents? I think if they are making it an unattractive option, they might be trying to tell you something.

I love going to London - but only for a few days at a time. Not sure I would live there again

Peter
04-04-2024, 12:13 PM
Do you mean your parents? I think if they are making it an unattractive option, they might be trying to tell you something.

I love going to London - but only for a few days at a time. Not sure I would live there again

I love it as well, and probably would live there again. But I am regularly astonished at how many of the old pubs I used to drink in have gone. :-(

Pat Vegas
04-04-2024, 12:15 PM

:nod: it's them, they have barbed wired off their street and have a mental cat

Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult
04-04-2024, 12:24 PM

I like it but I hated The Wonder Of You. I hate Presley and I hate US "culture" and couldn't for the life of me work out why it was being played before our games. I used to stay in the bar bit until the song finished, I detested it so much.

Given the only chant we seemed to have when we first moved to Ashburton was "Who are ya? Who are ya?", I thought we should have played "Who Are You" by The Who. Daltrey's a Gooner and the Clock End could all have pointed at the away fans and sung "Who the fück are you" at them.

Peter
04-04-2024, 12:30 PM
I like it but I hated The Wonder Of You. I hate Presley and I hate US "culture" and couldn't for the life of me work out why it was being played before our games. I used to stay in the bar bit until the song finished, I detested it so much.

Given the only chant we seemed to have when we first moved to Ashburton was "Who are ya? Who are ya?", I thought we should have played "Who Are You" by The Who. Daltrey's a Gooner and the Clock End could all have pointed at the away fans and sung "Who the fück are you" at them.

You can hate Elvis if you want, but that guy could sing :-)

IUFG
04-04-2024, 02:31 PM

What the fvck was all that Elvis stuff about, eh?

Quite liked Lux Aeterna when they played that. Soft spot for Clint Mansell from his PWEI days.

As for Sweet Caroline being played anywhere...FúCK RIGHT OFF!

Thank fvck we never got into that playing music malarky when we scored goals.

I feel good...etc :shudder:

Peter
04-04-2024, 02:33 PM
What the fvck was all that Elvis stuff about, eh?

Quite liked Lux Aeterna when they played that. Soft spot for Clint Mansell from his PWEI days.

As for Sweet Caroline being played anywhere...FúCK RIGHT OFF!

Thank fvck we never got into that playing music malarky when we scored goals.

I feel good...etc :shudder:

One of the good things about not winning the league is not having to listen to We Are the Champions.... ****ing horrific :-(

IUFG
04-04-2024, 02:39 PM
One of the good things about not winning the league is not having to listen to We Are the Champions.... ****ing horrific :-(

Agreed.

We reviewed Queen recently, didn't we? Fvcking novelty act.

Peter
04-04-2024, 02:45 PM
Agreed.

We reviewed Queen recently, didn't we? Fvcking novelty act.

We did :-)

And WES is unlikely to forgive me any time soon.

redgunamo
04-04-2024, 03:34 PM
You can hate Elvis if you want, but that guy could sing :-)

Well said, Peter.