Razor sharp wit, p

Pat Vegas
03-26-2024, 12:02 PM
Razor sharp wit, p

cutting edge comedy.

Luis Anaconda
03-26-2024, 12:02 PM
Taylor and Gillett, ffs.

Not like there was a good option for ref but that Aussie **** can **** right off. Even worse as a ref than he is a VAR.

We have won two cup finals with Taylor as ref - and this is like a cup final ...

Luis Anaconda
03-26-2024, 12:03 PM
cutting edge comedy.

Better than, er, foaming it in

Peter
03-26-2024, 01:49 PM
Not like there was a good option for ref but that Aussie **** can **** right off. Even worse as a ref than he is a VAR.

We have won two cup finals with Taylor as ref - and this is like a cup final ...

I will be quite impressed if we end up losing to a refereeing stitch up. Better than getting played off the pitch :-)

Pat Vegas
03-26-2024, 02:03 PM
I will be quite impressed if we end up losing to a refereeing stitch up. Better than getting played off the pitch :-)

Maybe in our favour for once :cloud9:

PSRB
03-26-2024, 02:31 PM

I'm not saying he's particularly anti-us, just that he's a ****ing dreadful ref.

Luis Anaconda
03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
I'm not saying he's particularly anti-us, just that he's a ****ing dreadful ref.

Oh I agree - worrying thing is he is the most highly rated alongside Frimley's brother

Peter
03-26-2024, 02:41 PM
Oh I agree - worrying thing is he is the most highly rated alongside Frimley's brother

I'm not sure I am able to distinguish between the bad and the even worse refs any more. They are all bloody awful and I am not even sure I understand the rules- if I ever did.

WES
03-26-2024, 03:56 PM
I'm not sure I am able to distinguish between the bad and the even worse refs any more. They are all bloody awful and I am not even sure I understand the rules- if I ever did.

I will be in Tokyo when the game kicks off, Ginza, specifically :cloud9:

It kicks off at 1:30am Tokyo time :-(

Don't give a toss who the referee is City1-3 Arsenal :cloud9:

Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult
03-26-2024, 04:24 PM

Put on a Tomiyasu top and teach the Nips to be hoolies.

redgunamo
03-26-2024, 04:30 PM
Maybe in our favour for once :cloud9:

:-\ If you believe that, I've got a bridge in Baltimore to sell you.

Peter
03-27-2024, 11:50 AM

The Tokyo air will be filled with foul language by around 3.30 am :-)

Luis Anaconda
03-27-2024, 12:31 PM
The Tokyo air will be filled with foul language by around 3.30 am :-)

We're winning, p. Though to be fair WES can also swear like a trooper when we win as well.

They'll probably just thing Godzilla is back

Peter
03-27-2024, 12:57 PM
We're winning, p. Though to be fair WES can also swear like a trooper when we win as well.

Oh yeah, victory can produce some choice language as well :-)

I was politely ejected from Healy Mac's (Kuala Lumpur's premier Irish pub) at the conclusion of the Cup Final win over Hull. Among the incriminating comments was 'have some of that, you Chelsea c**t', to some Chelsea fan who had been giving me some stick at 2-0 down. To be fair, the Chelsea fan took it pretty well and thought it was funny. The owners, less so :-)

And we're not winning :-(

Sir C
03-27-2024, 01:16 PM

We’re going to get gubbed.

Peter
03-27-2024, 01:18 PM

I would certainly hope not. But we are not going to win, I am sure of that.

PSRB
03-27-2024, 01:43 PM

Not sure about gubbed, more robbed. Some shocker of a decision will hand it to 115.

Luis Anaconda
03-27-2024, 01:50 PM
Not sure about gubbed, more robbed. Some shocker of a decision will hand it to 115.

No we are winning

Peter
03-27-2024, 01:52 PM

It might be the slow accumulation. 5 or 6 obvious yellow cards ignored, two yellows for one of ours on the 'letter of the law'.

Remember Rodri escaping 3 or 4 times at the Emirates and eventually getting booked for taking his shirt off after scoring the injury time winner. And the travesty of ignoring that second yellow for Kovacic this season.

That's how a ref influences a game. Not with the big decisions that VAR can overturn, but by stealth. At Anfield, Rodri was booked for a poor challenge. On three subsequent occasions he had to avoid dragging someone down and preventing a break because he was on a yellow. Against us he can do it all day. Slowly, it makes a huge difference in a game.

Peter
03-27-2024, 01:53 PM
No we are winning

You don't sound convinced :-)

redgunamo
03-27-2024, 08:44 PM
It might be the slow accumulation. 5 or 6 obvious yellow cards ignored, two yellows for one of ours on the 'letter of the law'.

Remember Rodri escaping 3 or 4 times at the Emirates and eventually getting booked for taking his shirt off after scoring the injury time winner. And the travesty of ignoring that second yellow for Kovacic this season.

That's how a ref influences a game. Not with the big decisions that VAR can overturn, but by stealth. At Anfield, Rodri was booked for a poor challenge. On three subsequent occasions he had to avoid dragging someone down and preventing a break because he was on a yellow. Against us he can do it all day. Slowly, it makes a huge difference in a game.

Right. Referees really need to get their cards out early doors, let everyone know they're there. Especially our opposition.

PSRB
04-02-2024, 11:55 AM
and just so we're clear, Anthony Taylor, was awful. How no City players were booked in that 1st half was a joke.

IUFG
04-02-2024, 12:07 PM
and just so we're clear, Anthony Taylor, was awful. How no City players were booked in that 1st half was a joke.

Arsenal should have had a couple booked, tbf.

The irony of Akanji accusing Arsenal of tactical fouling whilst playing for one of the snidiest, ****housing sides on the planet...

PSRB
04-02-2024, 12:17 PM
Arsenal should have had a couple booked, tbf.

The irony of Akanji accusing Arsenal of tactical fouling whilst playing for one of the snidiest, ****housing sides on the planet...

3 or 4 of their fouls were worth a yellow plus the rotational fouling was pretty obvious. I think Jesus was lucky not to have been booked in the 1st half for about 4x fouls but can't think of any 'bad' fouls we made.

Luis Anaconda
04-02-2024, 12:19 PM
You don't sound convinced :-)

I was wrong again - but will take that

Peter
04-02-2024, 12:42 PM
3 or 4 of their fouls were worth a yellow plus the rotational fouling was pretty obvious. I think Jesus was lucky not to have been booked in the 1st half for about 4x fouls but can't think of any 'bad' fouls we made.

At least he was consistent. He didn't book anyone. Jesus thoroughly deserved his yellow when he finally got it 😁

Peter
04-02-2024, 12:42 PM
I was wrong again - but will take that

We were all wrong. Happy to be 😁

pjlincs
04-02-2024, 02:49 PM
At least he was consistent. He didn't book anyone. Jesus thoroughly deserved his yellow when he finally got it 😁

I am no fan of Mr Taylor but I thought he refereed it well and resisted the temptation to start flashing cards for fouls. The only two bookings in the match were both for us, both deserved and both for sheer stupidity.

PSRB
04-02-2024, 02:56 PM
I am no fan of Mr Taylor but I thought he refereed it well and resisted the temptation to start flashing cards for fouls. The only two bookings in the match were both for us, both deserved and both for sheer stupidity.

There were 3 or 4 fouls in the 1st half from City that deserved a yellow. I think a few yellows would have provided a better game and stopped their rotational fouling.

WES
04-03-2024, 05:34 AM

Broadly agree but Silva’s snidey kick at Saka as we broke was about as nailed on a yellow as you can get - not given.

Another example of Portuguese players being the snidiest, cynical pricks in world football imo.

PSRB
04-03-2024, 08:22 AM
Broadly agree but Silva’s snidey kick at Saka as we broke was about as nailed on a yellow as you can get - not given.

Another example of Portuguese players being the snidiest, cynical pricks in world football imo.

I really, really dislike Silva. Horrible cnut.

Luis Anaconda
04-03-2024, 08:42 AM
I really, really dislike Silva. Horrible cnut.

Yep - could easily have been sent off at the Emirates as well. Lovely player on the ball of course. The irony of them complaining about us fouling is quite sweet. (Though tbf, we should have had a few bookings in that first half)

Peter
04-03-2024, 10:13 AM

Surprised I don't remember that. I am normally the first to start waving imaginary cards :-)

Peter
04-03-2024, 10:17 AM
Yep - could easily have been sent off at the Emirates as well. Lovely player on the ball of course. The irony of them complaining about us fouling is quite sweet. (Though tbf, we should have had a few bookings in that first half)

They are the masters of doing it and avoiding yellow cards. It is another area where they can see we are catching up. No wonder it irritates them.

I thought Taylor refereed the game fairly well. His unfussy approach did benefit us a little in the first half but he showed the same approach to both sides. That is all I expect from a ref.

redgunamo
04-03-2024, 11:35 AM
They are the masters of doing it and avoiding yellow cards. It is another area where they can see we are catching up. No wonder it irritates them.

I thought Taylor refereed the game fairly well. His unfussy approach did benefit us a little in the first half but he showed the same approach to both sides. That is all I expect from a ref.

There is no avoiding yellow cards. They can only be postponed, to the advantage of your opponent. As George Graham might've said.

Peter
04-03-2024, 02:51 PM
There is no avoiding yellow cards. They can only be postponed, to the advantage of your opponent. As George Graham might've said.

I am quite sure that I do not know what you mean by that :-)

redgunamo
04-03-2024, 08:46 PM
I am quite sure that I do not know what you mean by that :-)

I had thought you'd be familiar with the Classics :-\

Peter
04-04-2024, 09:40 AM
I had thought you'd be familiar with the Classics :-\

Oh I got the reference. It just didn't ring true.