PDA

View Full Version : Despite having spent 29 years in this country, I have absolutely no idea

WES
03-19-2024, 10:49 AM
why anyone gives a f*ck as to whether or not the royal family edited some of their photographs.

In what world does this matter at all and why?

:rubchin:

Luis Anaconda
03-19-2024, 10:55 AM
why anyone gives a f*ck as to whether or not the royal family edited some of their photographs.

I didn't realise you moved here in your 40s

WES
03-19-2024, 11:00 AM
I didn't realise you moved here in your 40s

And in the least surprising post of the day...

You know what you are.

Luis Anaconda
03-19-2024, 11:01 AM
And in the least surprising post of the day...

You know what you are.

You'd be disappointed if I didn't do it though ;)

Peter
03-19-2024, 11:14 AM

Some people are interested in it. I don't know any of them personally but it's just one of those things. I mean, there were clearly people who like Simply Red but I have never met any of them.

redgunamo
03-19-2024, 11:45 AM

There's lessons there for everyone really as the whole thing speaks of an institution that has survived the centuries. It matters in THE world.

Think on, W.

Peter
03-19-2024, 11:46 AM
There's lessons there for everyone really as the whole thing speaks of an institution that has survived the centuries. It matters in THE world.

Think on, W.

The timing belt on the engine of democracy.

redgunamo
03-19-2024, 11:54 AM
The timing belt on the engine of democracy.

To them, Democracy is merely the latest dance craze, this season's "in" colour or trendy restaurant.

Luis Anaconda
03-19-2024, 12:09 PM
Some people are interested in it. I don't know any of them personally but it's just one of those things. I mean, there were clearly people who like Simply Red but I have never met any of them.

I actually agree with WES - it baffles me. When the Queen died my sister travelled down from Sheffield to walk past the coffin. Never knew she liked the royals at all

Peter
03-19-2024, 12:31 PM
I actually agree with WES - it baffles me. When the Queen died my sister travelled down from Sheffield to walk past the coffin. Never knew she liked the royals at all

It is at least partly a generational thing. Young people don't give a **** about it, in the main. But some old people like it.

My parents are approaching their 60th wedding anniversary and my dad is quite excited about getting a card from the King. I didn't even know that happened....

Pat Vegas
03-19-2024, 12:32 PM

I thought when the queen died it would have a been a 'bigger deal' than it was. though it was a 'big deal' I was led to beleive everything would be shut down, no telly or radio. they did the classical bit for a little while and took the adverts off but only on a few channels, police interceptors and can't pay we'll take it away was still on repeat constantly.

Pat Vegas
03-19-2024, 12:33 PM
It is at least partly a generational thing. Young people don't give a **** about it, in the main. But some old people like it.

My parents are approaching their 60th wedding anniversary and my dad is quite excited about getting a card from the King. I didn't even know that happened....

Do you have to apply for that?

WES
03-19-2024, 12:34 PM

Well yeah but my question isn't so much about why people like the Royals, it's why in particular the Royals doctoring photos matters to anyone.

Who cares if they touched up a photo? :shrug:

Peter
03-19-2024, 12:35 PM
Do you have to apply for that?

Apparently, yes.

Peter
03-19-2024, 12:36 PM
Well yeah but my question isn't so much about why people like the Royals, it's why in particular the Royals doctoring photos matters to anyone.

There is a suspicion that the Princess of Wales has ****ed off on the piss for a few months, or is dead, or something like that.

The photo is part of some cover up about what is really going on, apparently. I honestly don't know :-)

PSRB
03-19-2024, 12:43 PM

Indeed, preferable to Prince Andrew touching up kids

Sir C
03-19-2024, 12:53 PM
Indeed, preferable to Prince Andrew touching up kids

If booming a 17 year old makes him a *****, I hope to god no one goes through my catalogue of 1980s indiscretions.

Peter
03-19-2024, 01:02 PM
If booming a 17 year old makes him a *****, I hope to god no one goes through my catalogue of 1980s indiscretions.

Tell us more :-)

PSRB
03-19-2024, 01:05 PM

Legal here though......which does make the whole 'outrage' here, all a bit odd.

Luis Anaconda
03-19-2024, 01:36 PM
Legal here though......which does make the whole 'outrage' here, all a bit odd.

I'm not entirely sure her age was entirely the full extent of the problem

Luis Anaconda
03-19-2024, 01:37 PM

I don't - nonsense story

PSRB
03-19-2024, 01:39 PM
I'm not entirely sure her age was entirely the full extent of the problem

No, but it is in regards Prince Andrew.

Chief Arrowhead
03-19-2024, 04:12 PM
No, but it is in regards Prince Andrew.

BREAKING NEWS! they found another photo that the Prince insists is unaltered.

https://babylonbee.com/news/prince-william-insists-royal-family-photo-untouched