PDA

View Full Version : Forest docked 4 points, apparently

PSRB
03-18-2024, 02:11 PM
Seems a touch lenient based on the spend infringements vs Everton's*

*According to Twitter

7sisters
03-18-2024, 05:02 PM
They’ll no doubt appeal, if for no other reason than to reduce it to 2 or 3. All part of the game.

WES
03-19-2024, 10:52 AM
They’ll no doubt appeal, if for no other reason than to reduce it to 2 or 3. All part of the game.

More importantly, with each example of this type of punishment, City come one step closer to a massive deduction/fine/something else.

Sorry, I just don't see how the FA can allow anything else to happen without making themselves and the league look ridiculous.

Peter
03-19-2024, 11:17 AM
More importantly, with each example of this type of punishment, City come one step closer to a massive deduction/fine/something else.

Sorry, I just don't see how the FA can allow anything else to happen without making themselves and the league look ridiculous.

Innocent until proven guilty, and all that :-)

I don't want to win a title because they have been docked points. Would be a hollow victory. (City, not Forest!)

PSRB
03-19-2024, 11:18 AM

I don't want to win a title because they have been docked points. Would be a hollow victory. (City, not Forest!)

I'll take it, 100%

redgunamo
03-19-2024, 11:40 AM

Boars, imo. And that goes for Nottingham Forest too.

redgunamo
03-19-2024, 11:40 AM
I'll take it, 100%

Right. Spot on. Cheating *******s.

Peter
03-19-2024, 11:46 AM
Right. Spot on. Cheating *******s.

Best solution is a ten billion pound fine. Donate the money to the needy.

redgunamo
03-19-2024, 11:51 AM

You do realise these people have money pissing out of the very ground on which they walk? And, in any case, "Sidi" Mansour has no heart at all. No, no, no heart at all.

Peter
03-19-2024, 12:34 PM
You do realise these people have money pissing out of the very ground on which they walk? And, in any case, "Sidi" Mansour has no heart at all. No, no, no heart at all.

Doesn't mean they are happy losing it. I want fines that are big enough to convince these people to piss off and take their money somewhere else.

Pat Vegas
03-19-2024, 12:36 PM

I'd go for it if we can. I doubt any retrospective action will take place.

Luis Anaconda
03-19-2024, 01:38 PM

I'm needy - I fully support this

PSRB
03-19-2024, 01:42 PM

I'm not sure needing to pay a bar tab counts as 'needy'

Luis Anaconda
03-19-2024, 01:50 PM
I'm not sure needing to pay a bar tab counts as 'needy'

You've clearly never seen my bar tabs

redgunamo
03-19-2024, 04:05 PM
Doesn't mean they are happy losing it. I want fines that are big enough to convince these people to piss off and take their money somewhere else.

Oh, well. At least they didn't buy THAT lot :-\

Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult
03-19-2024, 04:11 PM
I'll take it, 100%

So would I. And I think the Scousers et al showed be retrospectively awarded titles for years they cheated. And us for last year. And they should be relegated a division for every season they've cheated.

Peter
03-19-2024, 06:16 PM
So would I. And I think the Scousers et al showed be retrospectively awarded titles for years they cheated. And us for last year. And they should be relegated a division for every season they've cheated.

Not much of a parade though, is it. Come and celebrate the title we have been retrospectively awarded from 3 years ago.

Plus.... you didn't win, did you. They were the better side, they just cheated on the spending. There is something about that I wouldn't want to celebrate.

redgunamo
03-19-2024, 09:04 PM
Not much of a parade though, is it. Come and celebrate the title we have been retrospectively awarded from 3 years ago.

Plus.... you didn't win, did you. They were the better side, they just cheated on the spending. There is something about that I wouldn't want to celebrate.

No, t'was the cheating that MADE them the better side. Impossible to separate the two. Beers for the Arsenal all round, I reckon. Dancing in the streets.

Peter
03-20-2024, 10:31 AM
No, t'was the cheating that MADE them the better side. Impossible to separate the two. Beers for the Arsenal all round, I reckon. Dancing in the streets.

But they were still the better side..... even if you don't separate the two, you didn't actually win. Either you're in the results business or you're not.

03-20-2024, 11:08 AM
But they were still the better side..... even if you don't separate the two, you didn't actually win. Either you're in the results business or you're not.

I agree with Reds. It was cheating that made them the better side.

We loaned Raya to stay in budget. Were we allowed to cheat we could have had a winter window this year like last when we tried twice to buy a very expensive player and still made three great signings. {Leo, Jakob and Jorgy have all been starting during our recent good run.}

Were we allowed to cheat like City, we could have bought 3 top players this winter and we'd feel more confident about the two comps we're still in.

How would we feel in LFC had cheated this winter and spent £150m on two players? Wouldn't seem fair.

I agree that it's not a great parade for a trophy you won 3 years ago. Which is why every single scouse fan {and us} should be allowed to sue the City owners for a fortune.

Peter
03-20-2024, 11:51 AM
I agree with Reds. It was cheating that made them the better side.

We loaned Raya to stay in budget. Were we allowed to cheat we could have had a winter window this year like last when we tried twice to buy a very expensive player and still made three great signings. {Leo, Jakob and Jorgy have all been starting during our recent good run.}

Were we allowed to cheat like City, we could have bought 3 top players this winter and we'd feel more confident about the two comps we're still in.

How would we feel in LFC had cheated this winter and spent £150m on two players? Wouldn't seem fair.

I agree that it's not a great parade for a trophy you won 3 years ago. Which is why every single scouse fan {and us} should be allowed to sue the City owners for a fortune.

I agree that cheating made them the better side. But they were still the better side.

I am not saying I will be joining the celebration police, but I won't be joining you all on the open top bus parade either.

03-20-2024, 01:54 PM
I agree that cheating made them the better side. But they were still the better side.

I am not saying I will be joining the celebration police, but I won't be joining you all on the open top bus parade either.

But they weren't the better side in 2010 or whenever it was that they started cheating.

Just like Ben Johnson and Lance Armstrong won their races. But only because they cheated.

Peter
03-20-2024, 02:14 PM
But they weren't the better side in 2010 or whenever it was that they started cheating.

Just like Ben Johnson and Lance Armstrong won their races. But only because they cheated.

Slightly different, although I take the point. Ben Johnson artificially enhanced his performance. He ran faster because of it.

City haven't done that. The players themselves won everything fair and square. They are not better players because they cost more or they earn more and nothing has been done to enhance their actual performance. Pound for pound (pardon the pun) they were the best side and deservedly won the league.

The cheating is in how that squad was put together and specifically how much it cost. It sits outside the sphere of actual performance.

That said, think about the guy who came second to Ben Johnson. Yeah, he gets the medal, and he does deserve it. But Johnson ruined the occasion for him. It's a win, but a pretty hollow one.

I'm not saying City don't deserve to be stripped of the titles (I don't know if they do or they don't). I am just saying it would mean littler or nothing to me. I'm never going to count last season as a title win, under any circumstances. Still, it was a ****ing great season anyway and I thoroughly enjoyed it :-)

Luis Anaconda
03-20-2024, 02:26 PM
Slightly different, although I take the point. Ben Johnson artificially enhanced his performance. He ran faster because of it.

City haven't done that. The players themselves won everything fair and square. They are not better players because they cost more or they earn more and nothing has been done to enhance their actual performance. Pound for pound (pardon the pun) they were the best side and deservedly won the league.

The cheating is in how that squad was put together and specifically how much it cost. It sits outside the sphere of actual performance.

That said, think about the guy who came second to Ben Johnson. Yeah, he gets the medal, and he does deserve it. But Johnson ruined the occasion for him. It's a win, but a pretty hollow one.

I'm not saying City don't deserve to be stripped of the titles (I don't know if they do or they don't). I am just saying it would mean littler or nothing to me. I'm never going to count last season as a title win, under any circumstances. Still, it was a ****ing great season anyway and I thoroughly enjoyed it :-)

Didn't Carl Lewis finish second to Johnson. Carl Lewis who at the 1988 Olympics trial had three positive results on a combined test for pseudoephedrine, ephedrine, and phenylpropanolamine. Not really relevant to the whole point but I never liked him

Peter
03-20-2024, 02:29 PM
Didn't Carl Lewis finish second to Johnson. Carl Lewis who at the 1988 Olympics trial had three positive results on a combined test for pseudoephedrine, ephedrine, and phenylpropanolamine. Not really relevant to the whole point but I never liked him

Well, if everyone cheats then it is a fair result :-)

My preference is for us to get docked points and still win the league. That was ****ing brilliant :-)

Luis Anaconda
03-20-2024, 02:55 PM
Well, if everyone cheats then it is a fair result :-)

My preference is for us to get docked points and still win the league. That was ****ing brilliant :-)

Indeed, p, happy days

redgunamo
03-20-2024, 04:33 PM

Ben Johnson was a very silly case indeed, especially the aftermath. A condition of his punishment was to undertake a sort of piety and forgiveness tour; going to schools and colleges. So he'd roll up in the ghetto in his Lamborghini, dripping in gold and jewels and Gucci and wag the finger and warn kids about the dangers and consequences of doing drugs :homer:

redgunamo
03-20-2024, 04:41 PM

No, **** 'em. They've allegedly, apparently cheated the whole of football, not just us and Liverpool and nobody associated with Manchester City should ever be tempted to mention the whole sordid episode ever again.

Peter
03-20-2024, 05:11 PM
Ben Johnson was a very silly case indeed, especially the aftermath. A condition of his punishment was to undertake a sort of piety and forgiveness tour; going to schools and colleges. So he'd roll up in the ghetto in his Lamborghini, dripping in gold and jewels and Gucci and wag the finger and warn kids about the dangers and consequences of doing drugs :homer:

They made Big Ron do something similar. It was not at all successful, but pretty funny.

03-20-2024, 05:31 PM

In that case, Linford won gold. He never cheated.

redgunamo
03-20-2024, 06:37 PM
They made Big Ron do something similar. It was not at all successful, but pretty funny.

Right. He had to go to Africa, didn't he. Or the American Deep South, somewhere like that. As if he'd never met a darkie before lol. Nice work, if you can get it. Wouldn't mind a trip to Africa myself just now.

PSRB
03-21-2024, 08:42 AM
Right. He had to go to Africa, didn't he. Or the American Deep South, somewhere like that. As if he'd never met a darkie before lol. Nice work, if you can get it. Wouldn't mind a trip to Africa myself just now.

Government here might be offering trips to Rwanda?

Peter
03-21-2024, 09:54 AM

They made him to an equality and diversity seminar in the midlands with a load of people who were more racist than him. He came out even more convinced that he hadn't done anything wrong.

And yes, he went to a Museum of Racism in Alabama, looked at some old racist dolls and said they were no worse than spitting image :-)

Maravilloso Marvo
03-21-2024, 10:29 AM

Special needy

PSRB
03-21-2024, 10:44 AM
In that case, Linford won gold. He never cheated.

Errr, fairly sure he got banned for drugs.

Luis Anaconda
03-21-2024, 11:34 AM

that final wasn't the best advert for athletics was it. Fairly sure the slowest lad on the grid could have taken his time, supped a beer (legal drug), and sauntered over the line in a minute and 14 seconds and end up getting the gold 20 years later

03-21-2024, 12:12 PM

I was being ironic.

That was '88, wasn't it? He got done for drugs some time after he won gold in '92. But in '88, when Johnson got done, the Beeb {or someone} asked Linford what he felt about now going up from a bronze to a sliver. He said he was happy with his bronze. Thought that was a bit strange at the time, but makes sense now.

Guess it must have been like the TdF. Everyone was on it, everyone had the same drugs, so they all thought the results fair.