PDA

View Full Version : Ten Haag still bitching about decisions in the game at the Emirates

Luis Anaconda
03-18-2024, 10:09 AM
after winning his biggest game of the season so far - what a sad ****

PSRB
03-18-2024, 10:25 AM

I heard that, very bizarre. Still think he's a dead man walking.

I'd have been moaning about the ridiculous 2nd yellow for Amad. They really need to abolish that law.

Luis Anaconda
03-18-2024, 11:01 AM
I heard that, very bizarre. Still think he's a dead man walking.

I'd have been moaning about the ridiculous 2nd yellow for Amad. They really need to abolish that law.

Agree on both points. He's been getting praise for his tactics in extra time - or desperation as it is normally known.

I still believe they have the yellow for taking the shirt off because sponsors complained that they aren't seen at the most critical time (although in this instance they probably got better publicity as he held it up). On the other hand I don't really understand why taking the shirt off is seen as showing "passion" - disrespectful imo

PSRB
03-18-2024, 11:17 AM
Agree on both points. He's been getting praise for his tactics in extra time - or desperation as it is normally known.

I still believe they have the yellow for taking the shirt off because sponsors complained that they aren't seen at the most critical time (although in this instance they probably got better publicity as he held it up). On the other hand I don't really understand why taking the shirt off is seen as showing "passion" - disrespectful imo

It's not as though all the other players surrounding said goalscorer plus fans in the background aren't providing coverage of the sponsor.

7sisters
03-18-2024, 11:21 AM

Perhaps he should focus on them being 17pts behind us and likely to miss out on CL football next year before making embarrassing references over a disputed 3pts.
They’ll still get dicked over by Pep in the final..

PSRB
03-18-2024, 11:33 AM
Also, what's all this press nonsense about it being the greatest FA Cup tie in living memory? I'd argue that Coventry vs Wolves earlier in the day was actually a better game.

United were pretty awful, no midfield, Rashford spurning chances my nan could have scored. Liverpool should have cruised that tie.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
03-18-2024, 11:41 AM
Perhaps he should focus on them being 17pts behind us and likely to miss out on CL football next year before making embarrassing references over a disputed 3pts.

Liverpool's luck run out. I've had enough of that kúnt Klopp and his radioactive teeth.

Luis Anaconda
03-18-2024, 11:52 AM

Spot on - although Chelsea seem to have a bit of a hold over City this season. Only draws admittedly - if it goes to pens...

And then United would probably beat Chelsea

Luis Anaconda
03-18-2024, 11:54 AM
Also, what's all this press nonsense about it being the greatest FA Cup tie in living memory? I'd argue that Coventry vs Wolves earlier in the day was actually a better game.

United were pretty awful, no midfield, Rashford spurning chances my nan could have scored. Liverpool should have cruised that tie.

Yeah - I was only watching on and off. Wasn't captured by the game at all. Managed to see three Liverpool goals live and no United ones though

Peter
03-18-2024, 12:15 PM

I like to think the law stems from having to look at Giggs and his hairy chest in the 99 semi final. Should have been a straight red.

Luis Anaconda
03-18-2024, 12:30 PM
I like to think the law stems from having to look at Giggs and his hairy chest in the 99 semi final. Should have been a straight red.

I did think of that - and you may be right

Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult
03-18-2024, 12:59 PM

But when Torreira took his off after scoring in the NLD, I loved him.

What happened to him, btw? He's no Dec, or even fit and on form Partey. But he was the DM we'd been missing since the days of Coq - imagine him with Santi and Ozil in that team. But Good Ebening played him as a no.10.

Pat Vegas
03-18-2024, 01:22 PM
Ten Haag sounds like a knock off watch.

Luis Anaconda
03-18-2024, 02:04 PM
But when Torreira took his off after scoring in the NLD, I loved him.

What happened to him, btw? He's no Dec, or even fit and on form Partey. But he was the DM we'd been missing since the days of Coq - imagine him with Santi and Ozil in that team. But Good Ebening played him as a no.10.

He's in Turkey (Galatasaray) - bit of whining arse by all accounts. Had a season in Madrid and one in Florence - neither made the loan permanent. I liked him though

PSRB
03-18-2024, 02:06 PM
He's in Turkey (Galatasaray) - bit of whining arse by all accounts. Had a season in Madrid and one in Florence - neither made the loan permanent. I liked him though

I remember watching Galatasaray earlier in the season, essentially an entire team of PL misfits

Peter
03-18-2024, 02:30 PM

Not sure he signed up to Arteta's 'values'.... I usually despise that term as it is often meaningless bull**** but Arteta seems to use it in the right way- he isn't going to tolerate tossers, troublemakers and lazy sods.

I like it. Obviously I wouldn't work for him if he is going to be like that but it definitely seems to work :-)

WES
03-18-2024, 02:33 PM
Not sure he signed up to Arteta's 'values'.... I usually despise that term as it is often meaningless bull**** but Arteta seems to use it in the right way- he isn't going to tolerate tossers, troublemakers and lazy sods.

I like it. Obviously I wouldn't work for him if he is going to be like that but it definitely seems to work :-)

Spoken like a true civil servant, Peter :-)

Luis Anaconda
03-18-2024, 02:36 PM
I remember watching Galatasaray earlier in the season, essentially an entire team of PL misfits

A few Series A misfits as well. Still good enough to beat United though

Peter
03-18-2024, 02:36 PM
Spoken like a true civil servant, Peter :-)

I am NOT a civil servant.

Luis Anaconda
03-18-2024, 02:38 PM
I am NOT a civil servant.

Not civil anyway ;)

Peter
03-18-2024, 03:26 PM
Not civil anyway ;)

I can be. Under the right circumstances :-)

I don't think Arteta's regime is much of a laugh. Or, much of my idea of what constitutes a laugh which is basically mucking about and being stupid instead of getting on with what you are supposed to be doing.

Also, drinking :-)

Luis Anaconda
03-18-2024, 03:51 PM
I can be. Under the right circumstances :-)

I don't think Arteta's regime is much of a laugh. Or, much of my idea of what constitutes a laugh which is basically mucking about and being stupid instead of getting on with what you are supposed to be doing.

Also, drinking :-)

tbf - having watched us training under Wenger, I was struck by how scary he was. There was a moment towards the end of a drill where Quincy (remember him) was mucking around a bit. Dennis was very unhappy - and you could feel the tension.

Peter
03-18-2024, 05:53 PM
tbf - having watched us training under Wenger, I was struck by how scary he was. There was a moment towards the end of a drill where Quincy (remember him) was mucking around a bit. Dennis was very unhappy - and you could feel the tension.

I think the first half of Wenger's tenure he probably didn't need to enforce too much. That squad was full of serious professionals who didn't **** around. I remember hearing there were fights every day in training. But when you start filling the squad with kids you have to take a more stern approach.

I never bought into the idea that Wenger was a soft touch. Obsessives like him rarely are.

Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult
03-18-2024, 11:11 PM

Yup. Spot on. Auba was an amazing player. But we're so much better without that sort of ego. I like all these young players who buy into his programme. It's just replacing Jorgy that worries me. Top quality player with bags of experience who'll often be on the bench except for the hardest games. Where do we get someone happy with that role?

Peter
03-19-2024, 09:13 AM
Yup. Spot on. Auba was an amazing player. But we're so much better without that sort of ego. I like all these young players who buy into his programme. It's just replacing Jorgy that worries me. Top quality player with bags of experience who'll often be on the bench except for the hardest games. Where do we get someone happy with that role?

I don't think Aubamayang really suited the way Arteta wanted to play. He isn't really a centre forward but was never going to be suited to the left side role he favours. Players like him and Ozil are not really suited to the high press Arteta wants, particularly at their respective ages.

No doubt Arteta was making a point in the way he dealt with him but part of me thinks he wasn't too worried about moving him on.

John Bunnell
03-19-2024, 09:37 AM

Dutch managers are always the most miserable, detestable c**ts.

Luis Anaconda
03-19-2024, 09:39 AM

Apart from Saint Johan of course, jb (don't want to upset Sir C)

Peter
03-19-2024, 09:48 AM

Worse than the Portuguese?

redgunamo
03-19-2024, 10:13 AM

..building up at the convention
As the hustlers began to arrive.
Must've been nine-thousand or more that came through the door.
The time was 11:55.
There were pick-pockets and dope peddlers, murderers and thieves.
Card shark gamblers with aces up their sleeves.
Bank robbers, burglers, boosters and pimps.
Prostitutes, call girls, all kinds of nymphs!
Loan sharks, swindlers, counterfeiters, and fences,
Crooked politicians spending campaign expenses.
Highjackers, arsonists, bookies in the mob,
And anybody else who'd ever killed, cheated or robbed.

Yep. Sounds like our training ground alright.

Luis Anaconda
03-19-2024, 10:51 AM
Worse than the Portuguese?

I like Nuno

Sir C
03-19-2024, 11:24 AM
Apart from Saint Johan of course, jb (don't want to upset Sir C)

ty la. Mind you, to be fair, I don't think he was easily mistaken for a ray of sunshine.

Luis Anaconda
03-19-2024, 12:10 PM
ty la. Mind you, to be fair, I don't think he was easily mistaken for a ray of sunshine.

He would have got the drinks in though, I am sure