No Bayern fans for the 1st leg as banned for chucking fireworks at Lazio fans

IUFG
03-15-2024, 11:20 AM
No Bayern fans for the 1st leg as banned for chucking fireworks at Lazio fans

Shame it is not for the second leg...

Peter
03-15-2024, 11:42 AM
v Bryan Munich

So we will get kicked out by Bayern or City?

I think I would prefer City.

7sisters
03-15-2024, 11:42 AM
v Bryan Munich

We owe them following Wenger’s 10-2 humiliating capitulation. The fact Kane plays for them is an added bonus.

PSRB
03-15-2024, 11:57 AM
We owe them following Wenger’s 10-2 humiliating capitulation. The fact Kane plays for them is an added bonus.

With Xhaka gone, we also have no one scarred by that defeat.

John Bunnell
03-15-2024, 01:16 PM
I fancy it. BM are not the force they were and they'll come to play as well unlike Porto or the likes of A.Madrid.

Peter
03-15-2024, 02:15 PM
I fancy it. BM are not the force they were and they'll come to play as well unlike Porto or the likes of A.Madrid.

We are in with a shout. I think our lack of experience might cost us in the end but **** it, this is where you want to be. Anything can happen from here :-)

Luis Anaconda
03-15-2024, 02:38 PM
We are in with a shout. I think our lack of experience might cost us in the end but **** it, this is where you want to be. Anything can happen from here :-)

That's the attitude, p

7sisters
03-15-2024, 02:57 PM
That's the attitude, p

In it to win it and all that. It looks as if we’ll be included in next seasons competition therefore bench marking Vs Bryan can’t do any harm.
I only really became, CL apathetic during the Wenger years, when it became obvious that we were rarely going to progress beyond the group stages, where, money aside, it felt like a complete waste of time.
I notice these clowns at UEFA are looking to further expand the number of clubs in the competition, which, in turn, will mean the larger clubs wasting even more time spent in playing more weaker sides in order to reach the last eight.
Absolute crayon world ..

PSRB
03-15-2024, 03:14 PM
In it to win it and all that. It looks as if we’ll be included in next seasons competition therefore bench marking Vs Bryan can’t do any harm.
I only really became, CL apathetic during the Wenger years, when it became obvious that we were rarely going to progress beyond the group stages, where, money aside, it felt like a complete waste of time.
I notice these clowns at UEFA are looking to further expand the number of clubs in the competition, which, in turn, will mean the larger clubs wasting even more time spent in playing more weaker sides in order to reach the last eight.
Absolute crayon world ..

The other side of the draw would have been preferable.

7sisters
03-15-2024, 03:51 PM
The other side of the draw would have been preferable.

Definitely but the prospect, however unlikely, of beating Pep three times in a season would be almost worthy of a trophy in itself :)

PSRB
03-15-2024, 03:58 PM
Definitely but the prospect, however unlikely, of beating Pep three times in a season would be almost worthy of a trophy in itself :)

As some wag on Twitter put it, at least we can't meet Bayern, Real or City in the final :hehe:

Pat Vegas
03-15-2024, 04:05 PM
I am happy with the draw. These big ties are what the CL is all about.

As long as we don’t lose 5-1 again. I just have memories of Koscileny on his arse fed up

redgunamo
03-15-2024, 05:32 PM
So we will get kicked out by Bayern or City?

I think I would prefer City.

No, the important thing to keep in mind is this way Sir C gets some Franziskaner vom Fass and his knusprige Schweinehaxe mit Semmelknödel und Rotkohl.

Well done UEFA, imo.

7sisters
03-15-2024, 09:04 PM
No, the important thing to keep in mind is this way Sir C gets some Franziskaner vom Fass and his knusprige Schweinehaxe mit Semmelknödel und Rotkohl.

Well done UEFA, imo.

Let’s not forget Weisswurstfrühstück mit Hefeweiss ?

Sir C
03-16-2024, 06:19 AM

Well done UEFA, imo.

Austrians call it Steltze, r.

These Austrians are crazy.

redgunamo
03-16-2024, 11:23 AM
Austrians call it Steltze, r.

These Austrians are crazy.

Nun ja, ein Bayer ist auf halbem Weg zwischen einem Österreicher und einem Menschen. As the man said.

Sir C
03-17-2024, 09:24 AM
Nun ja, ein Bayer ist auf halbem Weg zwischen einem Österreicher und einem Menschen. As the man said.

I’d forgotten that one. I’m sure there’s a version of that with Affe… or maybe I’m thinking of Inselaffe :-(

Herbert Augustus Chapman
03-18-2024, 09:07 AM
I’d forgotten that one. I’m sure there’s a version of that with Affe… or maybe I’m thinking of Inselaffe :-(

lovingly weave daisies into each others hair?

redgunamo
03-18-2024, 12:32 PM

Yes, the Germans commonly refer to the British as "island monkeys". In my house they do anyway :-(

Luis Anaconda
03-18-2024, 12:34 PM
Yes, the Germans commonly refer to the British as "island monkeys". In my house they do anyway :-(

I quite like monkeys - possibly more than humans tbf

redgunamo
03-18-2024, 12:34 PM
Let’s not forget Weisswurstfrühstück mit Hefeweiss ?

C doesn't strike ME as a sausage sucker, although I have heard one or two stories ..

redgunamo
03-18-2024, 12:35 PM

Oh. How about the British?

Luis Anaconda
03-18-2024, 12:40 PM
Oh. How about the British?

I'm Irish these days, r, so after the orgy of faux patriotism yesterday, I should say I hate them

Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult
03-18-2024, 12:53 PM

I love that term inselaffen. I use that to refer to us, just like I use Gora {m, gori f, gore pl} to mean whiteys/white westerners.

Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult
03-18-2024, 12:54 PM

You prefer norverners to homo sapiens?

redgunamo
03-20-2024, 09:00 AM
I'm Irish these days, r, so after the orgy of faux patriotism yesterday, I should say I hate them

Is this about the rugby :-\

Luis Anaconda
03-20-2024, 09:17 AM
Is this about the rugby :-\

St Patrick's Day Parade - load of Germans pretending to be Irish. Rugby was fine - disappointed England didn't win but gave it a hell of a go. Seven tries in two games against two of the best teams in the world suggests we are going in the right direction

PSRB
03-20-2024, 10:16 AM
St Patrick's Day Parade - load of Germans pretending to be Irish. Rugby was fine - disappointed England didn't win but gave it a hell of a go. Seven tries in two games against two of the best teams in the world suggests we are going in the right direction

Wish we'd pack in this ridiculous selection 'must play in UK' nonsense.

Luis Anaconda
03-20-2024, 10:44 AM
Wish we'd pack in this ridiculous selection 'must play in UK' nonsense.

With you 100 per cent on this. I know the argument that it "weakens the Premiership" but it weakens the England team more and who makes the money? Anyway it's only really France we have to worry about and they are bringing in stricter rules on wage caps and overseas players. I think it benefits us if some players play abroad and younger players come through.

Ridiculous that we have lost three players in Willis, Arundel, and Marchant who would definitely be in the squad (and there's more)

PSRB
03-21-2024, 10:46 AM
With you 100 per cent on this. I know the argument that it "weakens the Premiership" but it weakens the England team more and who makes the money? Anyway it's only really France we have to worry about and they are bringing in stricter rules on wage caps and overseas players. I think it benefits us if some players play abroad and younger players come through.

Ridiculous that we have lost three players in Willis, Arundel, and Marchant who would definitely be in the squad (and there's more)

I see Courtney Lawes has said it's a nonsense.