PDA

View Full Version : Remember when Barcelona played us off the Emirates' park that time,

redgunamo
03-14-2024, 08:00 AM
and we marvelled at their fitness and stamina (or their doping regime, depending on your view). Noticing how full of ginger our players were at penalties the other night, it would seem we at least appear to have bridged THAT particular gap with Europe's best.

John Bunnell
03-14-2024, 08:49 AM
That Messi, Xavi, Iniesta, Busquets, Pedro, Villa front 6 is the best of all time and I won't accept any other opinion.

PSRB
03-14-2024, 08:51 AM
That Messi, Xavi, Iniesta, Busquets, Pedro, Villa front 6 is the best of all time and I won't accept any other opinion.

Pires, Henry, Bergkamp, Vieira, Gilberto & Ljungberg was pretty decent

John Bunnell
03-14-2024, 08:54 AM
Pires, Henry, Bergkamp, Vieira, Gilberto & Ljungberg was pretty decent

They were up there. Never seen a side that could ruthlessly cut teams open at will or wouldn't even let them touch the ball for more than 3 or 4 passes as well as that Barca side tho.

Peter
03-14-2024, 01:25 PM
They were up there. Never seen a side that could ruthlessly cut teams open at will or wouldn't even let them touch the ball for more than 3 or 4 passes as well as that Barca side tho.

Their level of organisation without the ball and the intensity of the press was something I had never seen before. Incredible.

I was there that night. A lot of Arsenal players didn't want the ball during that first half.

Luis Anaconda
03-14-2024, 02:24 PM
Their level of organisation without the ball and the intensity of the press was something I had never seen before. Incredible.

I was there that night. A lot of Arsenal players didn't want the ball during that first half.

If you remember that night you weren't there ;)

I recall (don't) just getting very drunk

Peter
03-14-2024, 02:30 PM
If you remember that night you weren't there ;)

I recall (don't) just getting very drunk

I bumped into you at half time and we were both knackered just from watching it.

I was livid there was no beer in the stadium :-(

Luis Anaconda
03-14-2024, 02:45 PM
I bumped into you at half time and we were both knackered just from watching it.

I was livid there was no beer in the stadium :-(

:hehe: Of course - **** me, seems like a different time