PDA

View Full Version : Arsenal finances

PSRB
02-27-2024, 02:18 PM
Rumoured £52m loss but apparently we still have plenty of headroom for FFP, etc.

Source: ITK's on Twitter

Peter
02-27-2024, 02:21 PM
Rumoured £52m loss but apparently we still have plenty of headroom for FFP, etc.

Interesting. You'd like to think we know what we are doing. Personally, I hope the major spending is mostly done and we will be looking to bring in one or two players each year now.

I do wonder if the Kroenke's have been shovelling a few quid in. A weird thing seems to have started happening across their sporting franchises since the son took more control- they've started winning stuff! :-)

PSRB
02-27-2024, 02:33 PM
Interesting. You'd like to think we know what we are doing. Personally, I hope the major spending is mostly done and we will be looking to bring in one or two players each year now.

I do wonder if the Kroenke's have been shovelling a few quid in. A weird thing seems to have started happening across their sporting franchises since the son took more control- they've started winning stuff! :-)

CL revenue will help in next year's books.....would help if we get past Porto!

IUFG
02-27-2024, 02:52 PM

trouble is, the level of player we need to be looking at, to keep challenging City and the Dippers, will be £80-£100m in today's terms.

IUFG
02-27-2024, 02:53 PM
CL revenue will help in next year's books.....would help if we get past Porto!

If we can't beat that shower of **** at our place, we don't deserve, etc, etc...

Peter
02-27-2024, 02:56 PM
trouble is, the level of player we need to be looking at, to keep challenging City and the Dippers, will be £80-£100m in today's terms.

Not necessarily. Maybe one of those, and a cheaper one.

You would also hope that the quality of player we will be selling will also go up so the net spend shouldn't be awful. So far we have been giving players away.

Good chance Liverpool might be ****ed when Klopp leaves.

PSRB
02-27-2024, 02:58 PM

You would also hope that the quality of player we will be selling will also go up so the net spend shouldn't be awful. So far we have been giving players away.

Also the core of the side is still very young and hopefully should only improve as they gain more experience.

IUFG
02-27-2024, 03:04 PM

Post reported to Alex Iwobi...

Decent point.

And as our youngsters get better Real Madrid, PSG, Newcastle(?) and Man City (to whom FFP doesn't really apply) will come and sniff...

WES
02-27-2024, 03:09 PM

Honestly, I think we have a very deep squad and need only a couple of additions. Ramsdale will generate 40mil or so? I assume Partey is gone as well.

How about Neto for 60mil (his buyout I think) plus a Partey replacement and may a young keeper and defender. Sales should generate enough to keep that outlay to around 50-60mil?

Luis Anaconda
02-27-2024, 03:09 PM

Decent point.

And as our youngsters get better Real Madrid, PSG, Newcastle(?) and Man City (to whom FFP doesn't really apply) will come and sniff...

If Real Madrid sign Mbappe they are ****ed for years, PSG :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe:, Newcastle the question mark is right, City? We beat them to Rice - not sure they are as attractive an option as you think

PSRB
02-27-2024, 03:11 PM
If Real Madrid sign Mbappe they are ****ed for years, PSG :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe:, Newcastle the question mark is right, City? We beat them to Rice - not sure they are as attractive an option as you think

London, even with it's many faults, is still an attractive destination. My worry is eventually spurs are going to have some money.

IUFG
02-27-2024, 03:12 PM

R Madrid can always sell their training ground back to the council for 500m Euro. again.

PSG - I mean who would want to go there? Messi and Neymar did.

Newcastle - was a ****house comment...

City - whilst Pep is there, they would surely be the destination of choice, no? (I think Deccers likes the lure of London over the Mancunian drizzle)

IUFG
02-27-2024, 03:13 PM
My worry is eventually spurs are going to have some money.

But they'll still be spurs...

Peter
02-27-2024, 03:16 PM
But they'll still be spurs...

Exactly. As long as they remain Spurs, I am not worried.

Peter
02-27-2024, 03:18 PM

You have to wonder whether they really wanted Rice.

I think the wages they pay are quite attractive.

Peter
02-27-2024, 03:20 PM

Decent point.

Saliba is the one I think we will struggle to keep long term.

Luis Anaconda
02-27-2024, 03:25 PM
R Madrid can always sell their training ground back to the council for 500m Euro. again.

PSG - I mean who would want to go there? Messi and Neymar did.

Newcastle - was a ****house comment...

City - whilst Pep is there, they would surely be the destination of choice, no? (I think Deccers likes the lure of London over the Mancunian drizzle)

PSG are not the lure they were - they've already gone from Messi and Neymar to Dembeke and Randal Kolo Muani (decent players but not the same.) Lots of talk of the Qataris pulling out soon as well. Definitely not worried about them

Luis Anaconda
02-27-2024, 03:26 PM
Saliba is the one I think we will struggle to keep long term.

I agree - but you are always going to lose one, maybe too, and sometimes they appear to be **** for other teams

IUFG
02-27-2024, 03:27 PM
PSG are not the lure they were - they've already gone from Messi and Neymar to Dembeke and Randal Kolo Muani (decent players but not the same.) Lots of talk of the Qataris pulling out soon as well. Definitely not worried about them

I didn't know that bit.

Although, will another team, somewhere else, benefit from their bottomless pit of cash once they exit Paris?

Peter
02-27-2024, 03:36 PM
I agree - but you are always going to lose one, maybe too, and sometimes they appear to be **** for other teams

Agreed. It is Saka you have to keep. Odegaard, Martinelli. The ones you took as kids and helped develop into great players.

I would like us to keep looking at signings like Kiwior. The ones starting to show real potential but without the price tag.

Luis Anaconda
02-27-2024, 03:43 PM
Agreed. It is Saka you have to keep. Odegaard, Martinelli. The ones you took as kids and helped develop into great players.

I would like us to keep looking at signings like Kiwior. The ones starting to show real potential but without the price tag.

Saka leaving would be a killer but I don't think he will. Martinelli possibly, like Saliba, will be one to go. Kiwior and Tomiyasu have both been great "finds". Funny how little is made of how underwhelming Gvardiol has been at City this season despite his huge fee

Peter
02-27-2024, 05:10 PM
Saka leaving would be a killer but I don't think he will. Martinelli possibly, like Saliba, will be one to go. Kiwior and Tomiyasu have both been great "finds". Funny how little is made of how underwhelming Gvardiol has been at City this season despite his huge fee

Also worth noting we paid not much more than about 25 million for Gabriel. That's proved to be a pretty great deal.

IUFG
02-27-2024, 05:45 PM
Also worth noting we paid not much more than about 25 million for Gabriel. That's proved to be a pretty great deal.

He's been great this season. Drugs test anyone?

IUFG
02-27-2024, 05:47 PM

He'll be the first to go, imo.

Might be difficult for us to appreciate how the Carlos Kickaballs view other European clubs in stature compared to how we do.

Still money and trophies shouts the loudest...

Billy Goat Sverige
02-28-2024, 10:44 AM

I reckon this summer will probably be the last big shopping spree. A new striker, winger, midfielder and possibly a CB (I have a hunch they sell Kiwior). In the following summers they'll just be replacing whoever leaves.

PSRB
02-28-2024, 10:51 AM
I reckon this summer will probably be the last big shopping spree. A new striker, winger, midfielder and possibly a CB (I have a hunch they sell Kiwior). In the following summers they'll just be replacing whoever leaves.

Certainly if we keep losing £50m+ a year! I still don't get how our commercial revenue (much improved last year) is still so far behind our rivals. Maybe, our books are a lot more honest......

Billy Goat Sverige
02-28-2024, 10:56 AM
Certainly if we keep losing £50m+ a year! I still don't get how our commercial revenue (much improved last year) is still so far behind our rivals. Maybe, our books are a lot more honest......

Yeah even Spurs put us to shame on the commercial side. We seem to have signed a load of new commercial deals in the last year so maybe it will catch up with the rest. I hope they're getting a lot of money for renaming Colney the Sobha Reality Training Centre.

Luis Anaconda
02-28-2024, 11:00 AM

Seems to be a lot of interest in Kiwior - depends on how the rest of the season goes. Once Timber is back he may be surplus to requirements (although also relies on Tomiyasu staying fit): Would be a shame because I like him

PSRB
02-28-2024, 11:01 AM
Yeah even Spurs put us to shame on the commercial side. We seem to have signed a load of new commercial deals in the last year so maybe it will catch up with the rest. I hope they're getting a lot of money for renaming Colney the Sobha Reality Training Centre.

£10m a season apparently, plus the Emirates deal from next year goes up to £60m. I think the NFL thing makes the scum a fair whack.

Billy Goat Sverige
02-28-2024, 11:02 AM
Seems to be a lot of interest in Kiwior - depends on how the rest of the season goes. Once Timber is back he may be surplus to requirements (although also relies on Tomiyasu staying fit): Would be a shame because I like him

Yeah I feel like we haven't seen the very best of him and he has been a bit unlucky playing at LB most of the time (although he has started to play very well there). As you say, with Timber back next season there probably isn't a lot of room for him and we've been quite heavily linked to that young CB at Ajax so if we get him one of the ones we have will need to go.

Luis Anaconda
02-28-2024, 11:54 AM

Yeah City really did make an 80m profit :D

Although Champions League money will also make a big difference this year as well

7sisters
02-28-2024, 12:45 PM
Yeah I feel like we haven't seen the very best of him and he has been a bit unlucky playing at LB most of the time (although he has started to play very well there). As you say, with Timber back next season there probably isn't a lot of room for him and we've been quite heavily linked to that young CB at Ajax so if we get him one of the ones we have will need to go.

Time will tell but there’s no guarantee Timber will avoid further complications. That’s quite the injury and the fall out could be mental as well as physical.
Hopefully, he won’t join the queue of brittle, sick notes who are side lined with predictable regularity.

PSRB
02-28-2024, 12:55 PM
Time will tell but there’s no guarantee Timber will avoid further complications. That’s quite the injury and the fall out could be mental as well as physical.
Hopefully, he won’t join the queue of brittle, sick notes who are side lined with predictable regularity.

He's now back in full training, but I reckon MA will use him sparingly from the bench for the next month or so.

Peter
02-28-2024, 12:57 PM

He is unfortunate in that Gabriel never seems to get injured. We haven't really seen him as a left-sided centre back which is really his main role. I hope he doesn't leave.

Peter
02-28-2024, 12:58 PM
He's now back in full training, but I reckon MA will use him sparingly from the bench for the next month or so.

I doubt we will see him, unless there are a couple of dead rubbers at the end of the season.

It is a long time to be out and it is a very tricky injury. He'll need a long time to get up to speed and, of course, he hasn't really played with everyone.

Luis Anaconda
02-28-2024, 01:29 PM
I doubt we will see him, unless there are a couple of dead rubbers at the end of the season.

It is a long time to be out and it is a very tricky injury. He'll need a long time to get up to speed and, of course, he hasn't really played with everyone.
If he's back in full training, he'll be back soon. Silly to suggest otherwise. It was a bad injury but nowhere near as bad as some make out. He was back running quite soon after his op

Peter
02-28-2024, 01:53 PM
If he's back in full training, he'll be back soon. Silly to suggest otherwise. It was a bad injury but nowhere near as bad as some make out. He was back running quite soon after his op

Doesn't it take a fair while to build up overall fitness though? Match fitness.

I wouldn't fancy sticking him in at the business end of the season if he hasn't played for more than 6 months.

PSRB
02-28-2024, 01:59 PM
Doesn't it take a fair while to build up overall fitness though? Match fitness.

I wouldn't fancy sticking him in at the business end of the season if he hasn't played for more than 6 months.

If he's in full training with the rest of the squad then his fitness must be there or thereabouts.

Peter
02-28-2024, 02:06 PM
If he's in full training with the rest of the squad then his fitness must be there or thereabouts.

It may depend on whether/ when Zinchenko and Tomiyasu are back.

Luis Anaconda
02-28-2024, 02:07 PM
Exactly - full training means he has built up his strength. p has a point in that there is often a set back (see Leah :( ) - but no reason not to play

Peter
02-28-2024, 02:28 PM
Exactly - full training means he has built up his strength. p has a point in that there is often a set back (see Leah :( ) - but no reason not to play

We'll see :-)

My hunch is Arteta is going to be reluctant to sling him in unless he has to. Might be a chance to give him some minutes off the bench if we are comfortable in games.

Luis Anaconda
02-28-2024, 02:34 PM
We'll see :-)

My hunch is Arteta is going to be reluctant to sling him in unless he has to. Might be a chance to give him some minutes off the bench if we are comfortable in games.

Fair - and, of course, we don't need to at the moment, particularly if Tomiyasu is fit.

Peter
02-28-2024, 02:39 PM
Fair - and, of course, we don't need to at the moment, particularly if Tomiyasu is fit.

And with Kiwior playing well :-)

Out of interest, is Timber in the CL squad?

Luis Anaconda
02-28-2024, 02:46 PM
And with Kiwior playing well :-)

Out of interest, is Timber in the CL squad?

Yes - he was included in the updated one for the knockouts

Sir C
02-28-2024, 08:23 PM
Yes - he was included in the updated one for the knockouts

We’ve only got one game left to play though.

The inevitable 1-1 draw.

Peter
02-28-2024, 11:04 PM

The inevitable 1-1 draw.

It isn't inevitable.

Very ****ing likely, but not inevitable :-)

Pat Vegas
02-29-2024, 09:20 AM

Does that include our new Sobha deal for the training ground?

Luis Anaconda
02-29-2024, 09:41 AM

The inevitable 1-1 draw.

BOOOOOOOOOOO - have you forgotten that Bendtner is going to score a Hattrick?

Pat Vegas
02-29-2024, 10:06 AM

The inevitable 1-1 draw.

at least no away goal rule anymore.

Peter
02-29-2024, 11:17 AM
at least no away goal rule anymore.

Yes, we celebrated that rule on our return to the Champions League by refusing to score one :-)

redgunamo
02-29-2024, 11:29 AM
Does that include our new Sobha deal for the training ground?

New training ground in Dubai. The Chelsea match has been postponed.

redgunamo
02-29-2024, 11:30 AM
Yes, we celebrated that rule on our return to the Champions League by refusing to score one :-)

I don't think that's awfully funny, Peter.

Peter
02-29-2024, 11:43 AM
I don't think that's awfully funny, Peter.

Well, either you're in the goalscoring business or you're not.

Pat Vegas
02-29-2024, 11:52 AM
New training ground in Dubai. The Chelsea match has been postponed.

Don't know if we should go back there, It's worked out very well, maybe going back will undo the good work. and return us to Pre dubai form

Peter
02-29-2024, 11:59 AM
Don't know if we should go back there, It's worked out very well, maybe going back will undo the good work. and return us to Pre dubai form

We could try a different Emirate this time?

Pat Vegas
02-29-2024, 12:08 PM
We could try a different Emirate this time?

Or Oman, I really liked it there.

apart from the cost of things.

Luis Anaconda
02-29-2024, 12:11 PM
Or Oman, I really liked it there.

apart from the cost of things.

I loved Oman - although, of course, I didn't have to pay for anything

Peter
02-29-2024, 12:16 PM
I loved Oman - although, of course, I didn't have to pay for anything

I really like the airport at Dubai. I have never set foot outside it though.

Pat Vegas
02-29-2024, 12:34 PM

It’s just a bit sad when you see WH Smith and Costa Coffee. Same as Qatar

Luis Anaconda
02-29-2024, 12:34 PM

Spent 12 hours in the airport at Abu Dhabi - still didn't see all of it. Would have been lovely if the beers were less than €15 a go

Peter
02-29-2024, 12:35 PM
Spent 12 hours in the airport at Abu Dhabi - still didn't see all of it. Would have been lovely if the beers were less than €15 a go

You need the business class lounge. Shower, free bar, nice kip :-)

Pat Vegas
02-29-2024, 12:40 PM
You need the business class lounge. Shower, free bar, nice kip :-)

Quite liked the lounge in Madrid. was huge, outside terrace. Lockers, beds. Nearly missed my flight as was very comfortable in there

Luis Anaconda
02-29-2024, 01:09 PM
you need the business class lounge. Shower, free bar, nice kip :-)

free bar!!!! I'm there

Peter
02-29-2024, 02:20 PM
free bar!!!! I'm there

This will infuriate you, but the free bar is completely wasted on me. I don't really drink when I'm taking long flights.

A shower is the greatest thing imaginable, though. Makes a gigantic difference between two long flights.

pjlincs
02-29-2024, 05:17 PM
This will infuriate you, but the free bar is completely wasted on me. I don't really drink when I'm taking long flights.

A shower is the greatest thing imaginable, though. Makes a gigantic difference between two long flights.

My priority on the stopover when I used to have to fly too often to Sydney was a toilet that you could sit on comfortably :strood:

:strood: