PDA

View Full Version : Farewell Stan … you were of the best ..

Herbert Augustus Chapman
02-24-2024, 10:13 PM
saw you play about 5 times and well recall how worried we were whenever you had the ball ( 50 years ago 😳 ). Odd to think that was a time when no team visiting Loftus Road expected to win, certainly we didn’t in the mid 70’s - we were ****e

Sir C
02-24-2024, 10:27 PM
saw you play about 5 times and well recall how worried we were whenever you had the ball ( 50 years ago �� ). Odd to think that was a time when no team visiting Loftus Road expected to win, certainly we didn’t in the mid 70’s - we were ****e

Everyone’s dying, h. �� Imagine a world without Cruijff, Diego Armando, Der Kaiser and Stanley. What happened to our youth? ��

redgunamo
02-24-2024, 10:28 PM
saw you play about 5 times and well recall how worried we were whenever you had the ball ( 50 years ago �� ). Odd to think that was a time when no team visiting Loftus Road expected to win, certainly we didn’t in the mid 70’s - we were ****e

Amen to a' that.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
02-25-2024, 03:29 PM
Everyone’s dying, h. �� Imagine a world without Cruijff, Diego Armando, Der Kaiser and Stanley. What happened to our youth? ��

is nigh when Mother Eternity lays her calming hand on your shoulder and whispers “Come, you have always been mine and now you must to return to me.”

7sisters
02-25-2024, 06:49 PM
I remember being stood in the North Bank watching a pulsating 3-2 win against them. Stan didn’t score that day but plenty of trickery on show.
He took a proper rinsing from the home support mind, a mark of respect for any visiting player possessing a flash of genius.. RIP

Sir C
02-25-2024, 09:09 PM
is nigh when Mother Eternity lays her calming hand on your shoulder and whispers “Come, you have always been mine and now you must to return to me.”

Is it wrong to admit that a part of me yearns for the blessed embrace of Mother Death? ��

7sisters
02-25-2024, 10:29 PM
Is it wrong to admit that a part of me yearns for the blessed embrace of Mother Death? ��

Yearning is a powerful draw, C. I’d hope a chap in the autumn of his years might raise a glass or two a while longer. Better the hard abused and a’ that.
I can however envisage a time when the feeling of absolute disengagement from it all might make that final journey a little easier. That and the feeling of pathetic hopelessness, as one’s hoisted naked onto the shower stool daily by a huge, grinning Ghanaian nurse. :)

Herbert Augustus Chapman
02-26-2024, 08:10 AM
Dunno Sev - reckon a few blokes wouldn’t mind too much, especially if the big Ghanian was naked too ( and femaie ). I bet C’s got a bit of a chubby on.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
02-26-2024, 08:16 AM
Not ashamed to say the prospect terrifies me C. I have a cunning plan though. When she whispers her fateful summons, I’ll point to the sky behind her and give her the old “Look Mother, an archangel” routine and as she spins around to remonstrate with this other mischievous deity for trying to steal her scene, I shall bound away like a startled rabbit.

Luis Anaconda
02-26-2024, 08:57 AM

Surely Death is male? Is this political correctness gone mad?

redgunamo
02-26-2024, 10:11 AM

:-( Men never get to do anything nowadays, it's ALWAYS a woman.

Or whatever.

pjlincs
02-26-2024, 10:54 AM

Grim Reaperess?

All cars are driven by women now and washing machines operated by men.

Sir C
02-26-2024, 11:23 AM
Grim Reaperess?

Try buying a novel written by a man. Go on, I dare you.

Publishers must have a strict rule only to sign chicks these days.

Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult
02-26-2024, 11:54 AM

See? You are a Vedic , Herbs. None of this Abrahamic hell nonsense. We are all just part of the Eternal, Pure Love of Divinity and shall merge again with Her upon death without having a human psyche getting in the way.

That's why God wants us to take drugs - so we can get glimpses of this Reality while alive.

Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult
02-26-2024, 11:58 AM
Grim Reaperess?

They are in our house now we've got a new washing machine with a digital display and the instructions. After a quarter century together so far, I've actually learned how to use it. I'm having to show my Parvati how to set the timer and add the drying options.

pjlincs
02-26-2024, 06:49 PM
Try buying a novel written by a man. Go on, I dare you.

Publishers must have a strict rule only to sign chicks these days.

That Richard Osman chap seemed very popular with the lady readers round the pool in Lanzarote two months back.

PSRB
02-27-2024, 08:44 AM
That Richard Osman chap seemed very popular with the lady readers round the pool in Lanzarote two months back.

They're quite an entertaining read, if I'm honest.

Luis Anaconda
02-27-2024, 09:39 AM
They're quite an entertaining read, if I'm honest.

Not sure why but I've tried to read the first book several times and still haven't finished it. I like the style - and love murder mystery books. I think it might be just because I can't read it without his voice in my head. Though currently reading The Satsuma Complex by Bob Mortimer and definitely hearing it in his voice too

Peter
02-27-2024, 12:50 PM
Not sure why but I've tried to read the first book several times and still haven't finished it. I like the style - and love murder mystery books. I think it might be just because I can't read it without his voice in my head. Though currently reading The Satsuma Complex by Bob Mortimer and definitely hearing it in his voice too

I would recommend AJP Taylor's Origins of the Second World War, if you haven't read it. :-)

More exciting than any novel!

Peter
02-27-2024, 12:52 PM
:-( Men never get to do anything nowadays, it's ALWAYS a woman.

Or whatever.

Isn't it just that men get on with what they are doing while women drivel on and on about doing it? Bit like the Americans with drinking- while they are still whooping and cheering and high fiving, we are quietly starting in on our fourth pint :-)

Luis Anaconda
02-27-2024, 01:07 PM
I would recommend AJP Taylor's Origins of the Second World War, if you haven't read it. :-)

More exciting than any novel!

I have - tremendous read

Peter
02-27-2024, 01:09 PM
I have - tremendous read

Turns out Hitler did it :-)

Luis Anaconda
02-27-2024, 01:31 PM
Turns out Hitler did it :-)

Spoilers ffs

Peter
02-27-2024, 01:35 PM
Spoilers ffs

Ah, but there's a twist :-)

Luis Anaconda
02-27-2024, 01:57 PM
Ah, but there's a twist :-)

VAR? Is Gabriel interferring?

Peter
02-27-2024, 02:02 PM
VAR? Is Gabriel interferring?

The British government made a few 'clear and obvious errors' in the build up. Basically, the war should have been disallowed.