PDA

View Full Version : In the last two games I dont really understand what Havertz was supposed to be doing

Peter
02-19-2024, 12:25 PM
I only know that he has been doing it very well :-)

His movement at Burnley was brilliant. His best game so far.

He can still improve hugely but I think we are beginning to see him genuinely understand his job, even if I don't :-)

Pat Vegas
02-19-2024, 12:27 PM
There are a few players Arteta is showing us I told you so. (not you in particular)

Havertz - let's hope it continues, Raya and now Kiwior.

I like that they are letting Kiwior do a more natural role for him. And Ben White is doing the Zinchenko thing from the other side.

Peter
02-19-2024, 12:33 PM
There are a few players Arteta is showing us I told you so. (not you in particular)

Havertz - let's hope it continues, Raya and now Kiwior.

I like that they are letting Kiwior do a more natural role for him. And Ben White is doing the Zinchenko thing from the other side.

Kiwior is a bit unlucky that Gabriel never seems to get injured. We've hardly seen him as a left sided centre back. He looks good as a standard left back.

WES
02-19-2024, 01:00 PM

He can still improve hugely but I think we are beginning to see him genuinely understand his job, even if I don't :-)

He's getting into the right positions at the right time and then doing the right thing.

Or put another way, playing football really well :-)

Peter
02-19-2024, 01:12 PM
He's getting into the right positions at the right time and then doing the right thing.

Or put another way, playing football really well :-)

Right.. but is that what he is supposed to be doing? :-)

PSRB
02-19-2024, 01:18 PM
Right.. but is that what he is supposed to be doing? :-)

Not according to opposition fans :-)

redgunamo
02-19-2024, 02:34 PM

He's a Raumdeuter. NOBODY understands what they're supposed to be doing, not even Pep. You just have to let them get on with it.

Peter
02-19-2024, 02:50 PM
He's a Raumdeuter. NOBODY understands what they're supposed to be doing, not even Pep. You just have to let them get on with it.

Dennis would have known.

redgunamo
02-19-2024, 03:03 PM
Dennis would have known.

Decent comparison. Kai also doesn't mind letting the defender know he's there.