PDA

View Full Version : This would make me chuckle

PSRB
02-19-2024, 12:15 PM
if, after Carragher (and most Liverpool fans) banging on about how Alonso will be the new manager for Liverpool and how brilliant he'll be, he goes to Bayern.

7sisters
02-19-2024, 12:18 PM
Tough choice though. It could mean Kane finally gets to win a trophy ?

Luis Anaconda
02-19-2024, 12:33 PM

Given the situation at Bayern at the moment I would doubt he would go there. Still have a decent squad - but the boardroom down is poisonous (so I have been told)

Peter
02-19-2024, 12:34 PM
Given the situation at Bayern at the moment I would doubt he would go there. Still have a decent squad - but the boardroom down is poisonous (so I have been told)

Fair chance that Newcastle will be looking for a new manager in the summer.

I really hope Xhaka wins the league :-)

Pat Vegas
02-19-2024, 12:38 PM

I don't see why not, his brother the Undertaker recently got his hands on one.

https://c.ndtvimg.com/2024-02/v57d3p0o_cristiano-ronaldo-the-undertaker_625x300_09_February_24.jpg?im=FitAndFil l,algorithm=dnn,width=806,height=605

redgunamo
02-19-2024, 02:38 PM

It's Mourinho for you then :thumbup:

Luis Anaconda
02-19-2024, 02:40 PM
It's Mourinho for you then :thumbup:

I would love that - Bayern fans less so

redgunamo
02-19-2024, 03:00 PM
I would love that - Bayern fans less so

lol. Can't imagine why not.

My kid's at uni in Bochum. A glass or two was raised last night apparently.

Luis Anaconda
02-19-2024, 03:13 PM

Oh that's nice to hear. We quite enjoyed it here as well.

Sir C
02-19-2024, 06:24 PM

Mature student, I guess?

redgunamo
02-19-2024, 07:00 PM
Mature student, I guess?

No. An insolent, petulant, lazy brat.

Blame the parents :-\

WES
02-20-2024, 08:31 AM
No. An insolent, petulant, lazy brat.

Blame the parents :-\

Welcome aboard, red. :thumbup:

Mine's 21, still can't drive, barely able to take care of himself and is currently planning a 4th year of Uni for no other reason than that the alternative is to get a job.

:-|

Luis Anaconda
02-20-2024, 09:07 AM
Welcome aboard, red. :thumbup:

Mine's 21, still can't drive, barely able to take care of himself and is currently planning a 4th year of Uni for no other reason than that the alternative is to get a job.

:-|

I'm 52 still can't drive and barely able to take care of myself - can I blame Red and Wes too?

WES
02-20-2024, 09:52 AM
I'm 52 still can't drive and barely able to take care of myself - can I blame Red and Wes too?

Incomplete imo

'I'm 52 still can't drive and barely able to take care of myself and plan on spending the rest of my life in the pub because the alternative is to get a job'

Yes, fair point well made :thumbup:

Luis Anaconda
02-20-2024, 10:26 AM
Incomplete imo

'I'm 52 still can't drive and barely able to take care of myself and plan on spending the rest of my life in the pub because the alternative is to get a job'

Yes, fair point well made :thumbup:
tbf I do have a job - but they are so desperate to get rid of me they send me to the Maldives for a fortnight a couple of weeks ago. And there is a threat of going to Vegas next month

Peter
02-20-2024, 10:32 AM

Well, I can at least drive- although obviously that means I can't drink most of the time.

Luis Anaconda
02-20-2024, 10:48 AM
Well, I can at least drink - although obviously that means I can't drive most of the time.

Corrected that

Peter
02-20-2024, 10:52 AM
Corrected that

I can't drink the way I used to.

7sisters
02-20-2024, 12:19 PM
None of us can, P. Ageing means you have to get up 3 or 4 times in the night and be left hanging for the following 24 hours. :(

Luis Anaconda
02-20-2024, 12:34 PM
None of us can, P. Ageing means you have to get up 3 or 4 times in the night and be left hanging for the following 24 hours. :(

Speak for yourself

PSRB
02-20-2024, 12:45 PM
Speak for yourself

:nod: 50 and still don't have to visit the toilet in the middle of the night

Luis Anaconda
02-20-2024, 12:49 PM

Mind you, still wake up at 5 in the morning. Would say it was handy with the cricket on, but then the nightmares are supposed to occur before you wake up

PSRB
02-20-2024, 12:51 PM
Mind you, still wake up at 5 in the morning. Would say it was handy with the cricket on, but then the nightmares are supposed to occur before you wake up

I struggle with this series, I'm just not a morning person.

Luis Anaconda
02-20-2024, 01:04 PM
I struggle with this series, I'm just not a morning person.

Me neither. I stick the radio on when I am in the office in the morning as I don't really work before lunch anyway. Don't of that much after lunch to be fair

Peter
02-20-2024, 01:13 PM

Same here. Although I don't think it will be long now :-(

Peter
02-20-2024, 01:15 PM

I am in a strange place where I can still get an absurd amount of beer in me but my body cant process it. So I am having to learn to drink less. It is pretty ****ing difficult.

7sisters
02-20-2024, 02:26 PM
I’m 61. Looking back I’d say mid 50’s was a turning point. Usually once a night nowadays but more with a skinful.
My only advice. Get your checks done :old:

Luis Anaconda
02-20-2024, 03:37 PM
I’m 61. Looking back I’d say mid 50’s was a turning point. Usually once a night nowadays but more with a skinful.

Wise advice, 7 :thumbup: (an emoji that works in a couple of ways here)

Peter
02-20-2024, 03:44 PM

I am beginning to think that maybe my skinful days are behind me :-(

WES
02-21-2024, 08:47 AM

I'm only a bit younger than you, 7s - what checks did you have?

I'm trying to avoid them, better the devil you don't know etc

IUFG
02-21-2024, 08:53 AM

only because of your subscription purchases of
https://tena-images.essity.com/images-c5/430/297430/optimized-AzurePNG2K/tena-incontinence-pants-for-men-product-family.png?w=390&h=10000&imPolicy=dynamic ;-)

Masculine style, you say... :rubchin:
https://www.tena.co.uk/men/products/incontinence-pants-for-men

Sir C
02-21-2024, 09:10 AM

**** that, 7. The *******s are mad keen on giving out bad news :-(

PSRB
02-21-2024, 09:12 AM
**** that, 7. The *******s are mad keen on giving out bad news :-(

I liked that story the other day, the old fella didn't tell his wife she had terminal cancer and she lived for another 21 years :old:

Ignorance is bliss.

WES
02-21-2024, 09:26 AM
I liked that story the other day, the old fella didn't tell his wife she had terminal cancer and she lived for another 21 years :old:

Ignorance is bliss.

Stress is one of the worst things for you, PRSB. You avoid that by avoiding the f*ckers as much as possible.

Exercise, eat a balanced diet and avoid stress - as long as you don't have symptoms you should leave well enough alone imo.

Peter
02-21-2024, 09:55 AM
Stress is one of the worst things for you, PRSB. You avoid that by avoiding the f*ckers as much as possible.

Exercise, eat a balanced diet and avoid stress - as long as you don't have symptoms you should leave well enough alone imo.

For once, I agree with you. :-)

I haven't been to a doctor for at least 15 years. And that was only once. I didn't go for at least 15 before that.

I go when there is something wrong. I take the same approach with my car :-)

WES
02-21-2024, 10:59 AM
For once, I agree with you. :-)

I haven't been to a doctor for at least 15 years. And that was only once. I didn't go for at least 15 before that.

I go when there is something wrong. I take the same approach with my car :-)

Let's hope you aren't a Rover, Peter :thumbup:

7sisters
02-21-2024, 11:37 AM

Ignorance is bliss.

Nah.. You have to proactive once you go past a certain age. Sod slinking up to the Doc to be told you’re stage 3 or 4.
Between 60-70 is snipers alley. That’s usually when you get picked off. Get the other side and you’ll probably live a decent age.
Of course. when you’re numbers on it and all that.
A brush with your own mortality at a younger age is always a leveller.

Peter
02-21-2024, 11:42 AM
Let's hope you aren't a Rover, Peter :thumbup:

I have been incredibly reliable for 50 years. It is safe to say I'm not a Rover :-)

Probably more of a Vauxhall Vectra. Remarkably unappealing but functional :-)

Peter
02-21-2024, 11:42 AM
Nah.. You have to proactive once you go past a certain age. Sod slinking up to the Doc to be told you’re stage 3 or 4.
Between 60-70 is snipers alley. That’s usually when you get picked off. Get the other side and you’ll probably live a decent age.

I don't want to think about it. One day I will just drop dead somewhere. I've made my peace with that.

PSRB
02-21-2024, 11:47 AM
I don't want to think about it. One day I will just drop dead somewhere. I've made my peace with that.

As Woody Allen said "I'm not scared of dying, I just don't want to be there when it happens"

Peter
02-21-2024, 11:52 AM
As Woody Allen said "I'm not scared of dying, I just don't want to be there when it happens"

I'd like to see us win a European trophy before I go....

Luis Anaconda
02-21-2024, 12:30 PM
Absolutely spot on 7

7sisters
02-21-2024, 12:41 PM
Absolutely spot on 7

I think if you’re Doc averse, at least invest in one of those omron blood pressure monitors.
I’ve had several friends and colleagues drop like a stone. I’m sure if Steve Wright had checked his pressure once in a while, he’d still be here, and for what ? 40 or 50 quid from Amazon.
The amount of people wandering around like kettles about to blow is truly frightening.

Luis Anaconda
02-21-2024, 01:21 PM
I think if you’re Doc averse, at least invest in one of those omron blood pressure monitors.
I’ve had several friends and colleagues drop like a stone. I’m sure if Steve Wright had checked his pressure once in a while, he’d still be here, and for what ? 40 or 50 quid from Amazon.
The amount of people wandering around like kettles about to blow is truly frightening.

Yeah - I realised this around September/October when I completely hit a wall. Could hardly get out of bed at one stage, was going to work, getting home and basically sleeping. Had zero energy. Finally, a friend made me go to the doctor. Initial blood tests were in the words of the doc "chaos" - combination of, thankfully, not too serious things were cleared up by a few courses of tablets and after six weeks or so, everything cleared up (even my liver is in good state). Key thing was getting a good doctor you trust - I knew I like this one when I walked into his office and there was a big poster of the album cover for Never Mind the *******s (probably not great if you think you have testicular cancer though)-

Although Wes has a point about stress, of course, but then not knowing can be equally as stressful as knowing (depending on how your imagination works).

Peter
02-21-2024, 01:31 PM
Yeah - I realised this around September/October when I completely hit a wall. Could hardly get out of bed at one stage, was going to work, getting home and basically sleeping. Had zero energy. Finally, a friend made me go to the doctor. Initial blood tests were in the words of the doc "chaos" - combination of, thankfully, not too serious things were cleared up by a few courses of tablets and after six weeks or so, everything cleared up (even my liver is in good state). Key thing was getting a good doctor you trust - I knew I like this one when I walked into his office and there was a big poster of the album cover for Never Mind the *******s (probably not great if you think you have testicular cancer though)-

Although Wes has a point about stress, of course, but then not knowing can be equally as stressful as knowing (depending on how your imagination works).

I find I am ok unless I have a skinful. I know that is not avoidable for everyone.....

WES
02-21-2024, 01:38 PM

Yes but in this case you had significant symptoms so it made sense to go see one of them, I would have done the same.

But my point was that 'preventative' medicine can do more harm than good given the stress associated with it and the potential pointlessness of it. At 55 the NHS sends you can invitation to have some gas rammed up your arse while some bloke looks around in there for potential tumours. I received this despite the fact that I have no symptoms of bowel cancer, no one in my family to my knowledge has ever had it and my lifestyle is not consistent with there being any potential issues.

*******s to that. See also the prostate cancer test which a GP told me is so unreliable that it's utterly pointless. But they still try and drag you in for one.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it, as the saying goes.

Luis Anaconda
02-21-2024, 02:35 PM
Yes but in this case you had significant symptoms so it made sense to go see one of them, I would have done the same.

But my point was that 'preventative' medicine can do more harm than good given the stress associated with it and the potential pointlessness of it. At 55 the NHS sends you can invitation to have some gas rammed up your arse while some bloke looks around in there for potential tumours. I received this despite the fact that I have no symptoms of bowel cancer, no one in my family to my knowledge has ever had it and my lifestyle is not consistent with there being any potential issues.

*******s to that. See also the prostate cancer test which a GP told me is so unreliable that it's utterly pointless. But they still try and drag you in for one.

Indeed - I wasn't really disagreeing with (is there a test for being a cantankerous old ****?)

IUFG
02-21-2024, 02:47 PM

I recently had to have checks for cancer of the *******s. Being flat out on a bed with your trousers around the ankles whilst the doctors and nurses walk around the room is quite disconcerting.

The doctor, after having rolled my *******s around in his hand, decides he'd do 'a quick check' of my prostate and went in what felt like wrist deep. :yikes: And there's me thinking the tests these days were all antigen based :rolleyes:

At least I didn't see any NHS ****s dancing and making Tik-Tok videos, so there's that.

Luis Anaconda
02-21-2024, 02:51 PM
I recently had to have checks for cancer of the *******s. Being flat out on a bed with your trousers around the ankles whilst the doctors and nurses walk around the room is quite disconcerting.

The doctor, after having rolled my *******s around in his hand, decides he'd do 'a quick check' of my prostate and went in what felt like wrist deep. :yikes: And there's me thinking the tests these days were all antigen based :rolleyes:

At least I didn't see any NHS ****s dancing and making Tik-Tok videos, so there's that.

You loved it really, you slaaaag

IUFG
02-21-2024, 02:54 PM
You loved it really, you slaaaag

It was worrying times, la.

If he could have done it 3 weeks earlier and told me I had nothing to worry about, I would have accepted that with open...

7sisters
02-21-2024, 03:16 PM

I think in many cases, and for those who look after themselves, you’re absolutely right. You also have to remember that I’m referencing people between 60&70 where these things tend to spring up.
I’m on it more than most because at 48, after 6 months of buggering about in and out of hospital, I finally got diagnosed with a rare blood disorder stemming from bone marrow failure.
One of the few upsides to having an illness effecting 2 or 3 per million is that you get incredibly well looked after on the NHS
They see you as a subject of research. :)

redgunamo
02-21-2024, 03:33 PM

Poor old Andy Brehme (RIF) for example. Seems to have collected a fair bit of lard since he stopped playing and had an extremely short fuse as a manager.

7sisters
02-21-2024, 03:58 PM
Poor old Andy Brehme (RIF) for example. Seems to have collected a fair bit of lard since he stopped playing and had an extremely short fuse as a manager.

I always looked upon Steve Bruce as a clutcher waiting to happen. How Alan Brazil has managed to avoid one is some sort of miracle.

PSRB
02-21-2024, 04:01 PM
I always looked upon Steve Bruce as a clutcher waiting to happen. How Alan Brazil has managed to avoid one is some sort of miracle.

:hehe: Alan Brazil is indeed a human marvel in that respect. 10 years ago he looked nailed on but still going strong.