PDA

View Full Version : Big selection dilemma for Arteta this week

7sisters
02-19-2024, 10:07 AM
CL on Weds and Newcastle on Saturday.
Not sure what Porto are up to this season but could be an opportunity to rotate the squad a bit.
The PL must be the priority, surely ?

WES
02-19-2024, 10:13 AM
Not sure what Porto are up to this season but could be an opportunity to rotate the squad a bit.

Well according to Arteta, Partey, Vieira and ESR are all close to returning.

And Jorginho has not played in the last two?

PSRB
02-19-2024, 10:19 AM

3rd in Portuguese league. Defensively solid but not prolific in front of goal. We should beat them comfortably over 2 legs

redgunamo
02-19-2024, 11:11 AM

:banghead: It's the bloody Champions League!

7sisters
02-19-2024, 11:27 AM
:banghead: It's the bloody Champions League!

I still take the PL over it at this point. :hide:

redgunamo
02-19-2024, 11:43 AM

That's not the point. Deccers ( :-( God help us) is supposedly one of the best players in the world, yet he's only played half-a-dozen CL games in his life. His England partner Bellers ( :homer: ) on the other hand has played way more; about thirty, I think, and he's still practically a teenager. And they weren't ALL knock-out matches against Real Madrid and Barcelona neither.

"Easy" games, easy goals against cannon fodder; that's what the top players want, that's why you sign them, that's why they want to play for you. You work your *******s off against the good teams and when the rubbish come around, they want to "rest" you. **** that.

Stat-padding the youngsters call it. Know-nothing ****s.

Luis Anaconda
02-19-2024, 11:45 AM

Me too but don't see what the dilemma is. A couple of changes maybe but a) we've had the benefit of bringing vital players off early in the past two games (Saka and Rice particularly); b) After Newcastle we have an eight-day break before Sheffield United

redgunamo
02-19-2024, 11:47 AM
Me too but don't see what the dilemma is. A couple of changes maybe but a) we've had the benefit of bringing vital players off early in the past two games (Saka and Rice particularly); b) After Newcastle we have an eight-day break before Sheffield United

It's the principle, LA :-(

PSRB
02-19-2024, 11:48 AM

We should be getting to the QF's of CL, make sure of it and play the best team. Don't give them a sniff.

FWIW, I don't think we'll win the league, we have by far the hardest run in.

Luis Anaconda
02-19-2024, 11:51 AM
We should be getting to the QF's of CL, make sure of it and play the best team. Don't give them a sniff.

FWIW, I don't think we'll win the league, we have by far the hardest run in.

Hardest run ins are difficult to judge imo - amazing what teams on the lower half can do

Peter
02-19-2024, 12:05 PM

Agreed. Top teams play twice a week for most of the season. We are going to have to as long as we are in the Champions League. There will be a degree of rotation but relatively little.