PDA

View Full Version : A 6-0 mauling and Arteta still won’t throw a couple of kids a bone.

7sisters
02-11-2024, 03:42 PM
Farkin Elneny gets a run out ? I mean, what is he still doing here ?

redgunamo
02-11-2024, 03:56 PM

Older folk need bones too!

So to speak.

Peter
02-11-2024, 03:56 PM

I love the way you have still found something to complain about :-)

He could have given the young defender 10 minutes.

Peter
02-11-2024, 03:57 PM
Older folk need bones too!

So to speak.

I like Mo :-) he deserves a win bonus

redgunamo
02-11-2024, 04:09 PM

Agreed. He's a decent man, that one.

The child that came on behaved quite well.

Peter
02-11-2024, 04:15 PM
Agreed. He's a decent man, that one.

The child that came on behaved quite well.

Mo keeps it simple. Nothing wrong with that :-)

Kid looks good. He might want to try using his right foot every now and then.

Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult
02-11-2024, 08:53 PM
Mo keeps it simple. Nothing wrong with that :-)

Kid looks good. He might want to try using his right foot every now and then.

Paul Davis one us two titles without once using his right peg, and a few different cups incl a euro won. If young Ethan does that, I'll be happy.

7sisters
02-11-2024, 10:25 PM

Elneny shouldn’t be anywhere near this club. He’s a hangover from a pisspoor era.
We’ve tried to flog him for years, even the Turks wouldn’t sign him following a loan.
We’ve witnessed all this dewey eyed nonsense with players like Holding in the past and today he can’t even make the bench at Palace.
I’m sure he’s a lovely bloke and all that but I really don’t want to see players at his level on any team sheet of a squad chasing honours. The bloke wouldn’t even get a start at Luton.
Just …. No..

WES
02-12-2024, 10:11 AM
I love the way you have still found something to complain about :-)

He could have given the young defender 10 minutes.

Not surprised you love the complaint, Peter. 7s has managed to make you look positive.

Quite the feet :-)

WES
02-12-2024, 10:14 AM
Elneny shouldn’t be anywhere near this club. He’s a hangover from a pisspoor era.
We’ve tried to flog him for years, even the Turks wouldn’t sign him following a loan.
We’ve witnessed all this dewey eyed nonsense with players like Holding in the past and today he can’t even make the bench at Palace.
I’m sure he’s a lovely bloke and all that but I really don’t want to see players at his level on any team sheet of a squad chasing honours. The bloke wouldn’t even get a start at Luton.
Just …. No..

We just outplayed the league leaders and won convincingly 3-1. We then went away for a London derby to the team currently sitting 8th in the table and won 6-0.

And all you can do is moan about the substitutions? Have a word with yourself RCEG, I mean 7sisters.

The young boy is quite the talent, I think.

7sisters
02-12-2024, 11:35 AM
We just outplayed the league leaders and won convincingly 3-1. We then went away for a London derby to the team currently sitting 8th in the table and won 6-0.

And all you can do is moan about the substitutions? Have a word with yourself RCEG, I mean 7sisters.

The young boy is quite the talent, I think.

Yes, he looks a real prospect. Let’s hope he gets a decent loan next season.
Whinge aside, I felt a massive sense of relief that we avoided another WHU banana skin, particularly against the backdrop of Jesus & ESR on the treatment table… again. :headwand:

I seem to recall you also having a massive down on Ramsey. :)

Peter
02-12-2024, 12:24 PM
Paul Davis one us two titles without once using his right peg, and a few different cups incl a euro won. If young Ethan does that, I'll be happy.

Game has changed a fair bit since then. Saka has improved his right foot hugely over the last couple of years and it makes him so much more dangerous.

Peter
02-12-2024, 12:28 PM
Just …. No..

He's always done a decent job for us. Think of it like a knackered old chest of drawers- it might look awful and be worth sod all, but think about what it will cost to replace it. :-)

PSRB
02-12-2024, 12:37 PM
Game has changed a fair bit since then. Saka has improved his right foot hugely over the last couple of years and it makes him so much more dangerous.

True but absolute comedy defending from the West Ham lad, who just showed him onto his left.

Peter
02-12-2024, 12:39 PM
True but absolute comedy defending from the West Ham lad, who just showed him onto his left.

The defending for that goal was unbelievably bad.

Rice's free kick for the third goal was so ****ing good.

PSRB
02-12-2024, 12:41 PM
The defending for that goal was unbelievably bad.

I may have questioned Rice taking corners and free kicks but his delivery is superb. Clearly something Jover spotted.

Peter
02-12-2024, 12:44 PM
I may have questioned Rice taking corners and free kicks but his delivery is superb. Clearly something Jover spotted.

I definitely questioned it but I suppose if you have faith you have to assume that if we are prepared to lose him as a presence in the box his delivery must be seriously ****ing good.

The amount of goals we score from set pieces is getting ridiculous.

Yesterday also showed what an absolute steal Trossard was. He may not be the best player in the world but he was perfect for us and at a price you'd pay for a clueless teen.

IUFG
02-12-2024, 12:47 PM

He can football, can that Rice boy.

He was absolutely brilliant yesterday imo. In a very good team performance.

Aided by WHU being / made to look **** awful, mind.

Peter
02-12-2024, 12:51 PM
He can football, can that Rice boy.

He was absolutely brilliant yesterday imo. In a very good team performance.

Aided by WHU being / made to look **** awful, mind.

I like Gabriel, in the sense that I would absolutely hate to have to play against him. He's unbearable :-)

You need a few of those, particularly when you have nice guys like Declan Rice in the side.

PSRB
02-12-2024, 12:57 PM
I definitely questioned it but I suppose if you have faith you have to assume that if we are prepared to lose him as a presence in the box his delivery must be seriously ****ing good.

The amount of goals we score from set pieces is getting ridiculous.

Yesterday also showed what an absolute steal Trossard was. He may not be the best player in the world but he was perfect for us and at a price you'd pay for a clueless teen.

Considering who we could have got, we properly lucked out getting Trossard instead! Pity the keeper saved that volley, would have been some goal.

IUFG
02-12-2024, 12:59 PM
Considering who we could have got, we properly lucked out getting Trossard instead! Pity the keeper saved that volley, would have been some goal.

Was stright at him tbf, but he had to react quickly as Trossard hit that volley perfectly. Good leave too, was it Havertz?

IUFG
02-12-2024, 01:00 PM
I like Gabriel, in the sense that I would absolutely hate to have to play against him. He's unbearable :-)

I thought Bowen lost his rag, early doors, with Gabi :hehe:

Peter
02-12-2024, 01:03 PM
I thought Bowen lost his rag, early doors, with Gabi :hehe:

Yep :-)

He never stops, all game. I think he has had to step it up a bit since Xhaka left.

WES
02-12-2024, 01:08 PM
Yes, he looks a real prospect. Let’s hope he gets a decent loan next season.
Whinge aside, I felt a massive sense of relief that we avoided another WHU banana skin, particularly against the backdrop of Jesus & ESR on the treatment table… again. :headwand:

I seem to recall you also having a massive down on Ramsey. :)

Well yes re Ramsey, but that was because he was an utter c*nt of the highest level who symbolised everything that was wrong with the latter Wenger years. :-)

But he never stopped me celebrating a 6-0 win mate :-)

Peter
02-12-2024, 01:16 PM
Well yes re Ramsey, but that was because he was an utter c*nt of the highest level who symbolised everything that was wrong with the latter Wenger years. :-)

But he never stopped me celebrating a 6-0 win mate :-)

I was once screamed at on a bus in Leeds for saying I was very happy that Ramsey was leaving :-)

redgunamo
02-12-2024, 01:46 PM

Something David Moyes spotted :-\

PSRB
02-12-2024, 01:55 PM
Something David Moyes spotted :-\

Did he take the corners at West Ham?

Martinelli also delivers a great corner....Saka, less so :-\

WES
02-12-2024, 02:16 PM
I was once screamed at on a bus in Leeds for saying I was very happy that Ramsey was leaving :-)

Good man - there was a game against Liverpool, at Anfield I'm sure. Play restarted with our goal kick. Ramsey was playing in midfield, so you would think he would be in, you know, midfield. Instead he had strayed miles forward near the sideline where our bench was. At the restart they nicked it and scored. The entire time he had his back to the play and didn't even know what had happened.

He then turned to the bench and shrugged his shoulders in exasparation with a 'what's going on?' look in his face. The irony of this appeared to be lost on him.

At that moment, had I been near him with a gun in my hand I might very well be a guest of his majesty as we speak.

Peter
02-12-2024, 02:17 PM

We should mix it up a bit and sling in the odd **** corner. Just to keep them guessing :-)

PSRB
02-12-2024, 02:20 PM
Was stright at him tbf, but he had to react quickly as Trossard hit that volley perfectly. Good leave too, was it Havertz?

Yes, it was Havertz that ducked

Peter
02-12-2024, 02:21 PM
Good man - there was a game against Liverpool, at Anfield I'm sure. Play restarted with our goal kick. Ramsey was playing in midfield, so you would think he would be in, you know, midfield. Instead he had strayed miles forward near the sideline where our bench was. At the restart they nicked it and scored. The entire time he had his back to the play and didn't even know what had happened.

He then turned to the bench and shrugged his shoulders in exasparation with a 'what's going on?' look in his face. The irony of this appeared to be lost on him.

At that moment, had I been near him with a gun in my hand I might very well be a guest of his majesty as we speak.

On that bus I was told 'anyone who doesn't think Aaron Ramsey is world class is a ****ing idiot who knows nothing about football'. I did politely point out at one point that the only person on the bus who disagrees is also the only one who is an Arsenal fan and watches him every week :-)

I told him to see me again after Ramsey had spent a year at Juventus. :-)

WES
02-12-2024, 02:25 PM
On that bus I was told 'anyone who doesn't think Aaron Ramsey is world class is a ****ing idiot who knows nothing about football'. I did politely point out at one point that the only person on the bus who disagrees is also the only one who is an Arsenal fan and watches him every week :-)

I told him to see me again after Ramsey had spent a year at Juventus. :-)

Yes, well subsequent events have certainly vindicated us, Peter.

Complete failure at Juve who wouldn't play him and couldn't sell him, followed by a spell at Rangers who barely played him before deciding he wasn't good enough. :hehe:

Lord knows where the useless c*nt is now.

Peter
02-12-2024, 02:31 PM
Yes, well subsequent events have certainly vindicated us, Peter.

Complete failure at Juve who wouldn't play him and couldn't sell him, followed by a spell at Rangers who barely played him before deciding he wasn't good enough. :hehe:

Lord knows where the useless c*nt is now.

I don't think he ever got over the Shawcross tackle. He looked a really good player when he was young but after that injury he just never wanted the ball in midfield. He turned into a bad David Platt.

Sad, but the decision to withdraw the contract offer was one of the best decisions we had made in years and brought us outright ridicule in the media. And on buses in Leeds :-)

WES
02-12-2024, 02:37 PM
I don't think he ever got over the Shawcross tackle. He looked a really good player when he was young but after that injury he just never wanted the ball in midfield. He turned into a bad David Platt.

Sad, but the decision to withdraw the contract offer was one of the best decisions we had made in years and brought us outright ridicule in the media. And on buses in Leeds :-)

I think you're being too kind to him Peter :-)

Not sure that giving the ball away in midfield with stupid flicks and backheels and the refusal to recognise his defensive responsibilities had anything to do with the injury.

His problem seemed to be that he wanted to play in central midfield while playing like a no. 10. He didn't seem to realise the two roles are very different. And he wasn't good enough to be a no. 10.

Peter
02-12-2024, 02:44 PM
I think you're being too kind to him Peter :-)

Not sure that giving the ball away in midfield with stupid flicks and backheels and the refusal to recognise his defensive responsibilities had anything to do with the injury.

His problem seemed to be that he wanted to play in central midfield while playing like a no. 10. He didn't seem to realise the two roles are very different. And he wasn't good enough to be a no. 10.

It is only a hunch, but I think the backheels and flicks were part of his nervousness at being in possession in central areas. He is rare in that he tries the most audacious things when his confidence is at its lowest. It is a disturbance in the brain, a lack of decision making.

He saw Frank Lampard make a name for himself by scoring goals and never doing any midfield work. I suppose he thought it was a good gig :-)

Luis Anaconda
02-12-2024, 02:55 PM

Yeah - he did. Saka has a lot of assists from corners

PSRB
02-12-2024, 03:05 PM
Yeah - he did. Saka has a lot of assists from corners

This season he just keeps hitting the man at the front post.

Peter
02-12-2024, 03:15 PM
This season he just keeps hitting the man at the front post.

I have a solution. We should put a man at the front post :-)

PSRB
02-12-2024, 03:17 PM

or stick with Rice and Martinelli taking the corners :shrug:

Peter
02-12-2024, 03:19 PM
or stick with Rice and Martinelli taking the corners :shrug:

Needs a left foot delivery for the inswinger.

We need Brian Marwood back :-)

redgunamo
02-12-2024, 03:54 PM

Steve Bould is busy in the Belgian second division, with Lommel Sportkring. A beautiful part of the world that.