PDA

View Full Version : Blue cards, FFS

PSRB
02-08-2024, 04:25 PM
They can't even get yellow's and red's right.

redgunamo
02-08-2024, 10:37 PM

It'll never catch on :-\

PSRB
02-09-2024, 09:24 AM
It'll never catch on :-\

Makes it even easier for refs to pick on players/teams they have an either conscious or unconscious bias against. Also, what happens if they blue card a keeper?

WES
02-09-2024, 09:29 AM
Makes it even easier for refs to pick on players/teams they have an either conscious or unconscious bias against. Also, what happens if they blue card a keeper?

The team will have to remove an outfield player for 10 min, I think.

I'm a fan. It's ludicrous that the only way to prevent someone from cynically stopping play is the threat of being sent off if he does it twice.

:thumbup: I like it

Pat Vegas
02-09-2024, 09:57 AM

They probably do like in Ice hockey. if a goalie gets a penalty one of the other players serves it for them (in most cases)

Peter
02-09-2024, 10:01 AM
The team will have to remove an outfield player for 10 min, I think.

I'm a fan. It's ludicrous that the only way to prevent someone from cynically stopping play is the threat of being sent off if he does it twice.

:thumbup: I like it

Too many problems here. 10 real minutes, or 10 football minutes? Because I would just have someone feign a head injury and waste 4 minutes on treatment. Thus cynically stopping play. :-)

PSRB
02-09-2024, 10:05 AM
Too many problems here. 10 real minutes, or 10 football minutes? Because I would just have someone feign a head injury and waste 4 minutes on treatment. Thus cynically stopping play. :-)

It's just a load of *******s and gives refs even more leeway to make spurious decisions, imo

Peter
02-09-2024, 10:59 AM
It's just a load of *******s and gives refs even more leeway to make spurious decisions, imo

Agreed. And what is the problem here? Yellow cards already exist for these offences. Dragging a man off for 10 minutes is just going to detract from the spectacle.

IUFG
02-09-2024, 12:46 PM

Only for specific offences or for 'orange card' incidents?

Either way - stick it up your *******s. It'll get as murky as offsides and handballs have become.

The goalie back pass rule change is the only decent rule change during my lifetime, I reckon.

PSRB
02-09-2024, 12:48 PM
Only for specific offences or for 'orange card' incidents?

Either way - stick it up your *******s. It'll get as murky as offsides and handballs have become.

The goalie back pass rule change is the only decent rule change during my lifetime, I reckon.

Goal line technology as well.

IUFG
02-09-2024, 12:53 PM

yeah........

https://i2-prod.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/article18440901.ece/ALTERNATES/s1227b/0_Orjan-Nyland-goalkeeper-of-Aston-Villa-appears-to-carry-the-ball-over-the-goal-line.jpg

tbf, it appears to work most times.

PSRB
02-09-2024, 01:07 PM
yeah........

https://i2-prod.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/article18440901.ece/ALTERNATES/s1227b/0_Orjan-Nyland-goalkeeper-of-Aston-Villa-appears-to-carry-the-ball-over-the-goal-line.jpg

Don't remember that one

IUFG
02-09-2024, 01:19 PM
Don't remember that one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKwXhh0iS1w

about 40 seconds in...

the vid is a lot worse than the picture

Peter
02-09-2024, 01:22 PM
yeah........

Between the posts it works. Doesn't work so well on the rest of the goal line :-(

PSRB
02-09-2024, 01:30 PM
Between the posts it works. Doesn't work so well on the rest of the goal line :-(

In fairness, the clue's in the name but yes, it needs to be expanded to cover the byeline as well.

Peter
02-09-2024, 01:38 PM
In fairness, the clue's in the name but yes, it needs to be expanded to cover the byeline as well.

Pretty sure the goal line is the entire back line, not just the bit between the posts. But I take your point :-)

I doubt it will ever happen again. It is just hilarious that it happened to us twice, so quickly :-)

PSRB
02-09-2024, 01:46 PM
Pretty sure the goal line is the entire back line, not just the bit between the posts. But I take your point :-)

I doubt it will ever happen again. It is just hilarious that it happened to us twice, so quickly :-)

If there was one club it would happen to, it was always going to be us.

Peter
02-09-2024, 01:51 PM
If there was one club it would happen to, it was always going to be us.

We don't seem to get very good refs against Newcastle. Poll destroying that game years ago, Phil Dowd in the 4-4 draw, clear penalty not given in the 0-0 last season. Bruno running round clonking people at will this season, and of the course the goal.

pjlincs
02-09-2024, 07:05 PM

Three points for a win.

Vanishing foam.

Luis Anaconda
02-12-2024, 11:01 AM
Three points for a win.

Vanishing foam.

Clamping down on the tackle from behind as well (although Steve Bould probably doesn't agree)

7sisters
02-12-2024, 12:07 PM

Yet another example of the devil making work for idle hands.
Too many people needing to justify their jobs by creating even more layers of rules to slow the game down