PDA

View Full Version : What did you do when they equalised yesterday?

WES
02-05-2024, 01:43 PM
I let a string of expletives go including calling Saliba a 'stupid French c*nt' and then threw a plastic beer cup across the kitchen.

Hardcore.

PSRB
02-05-2024, 01:44 PM
I let a string of expletives go including calling Saliba a 'stupid French c*nt' and then threw a plastic beer cup across the kitchen.

Hardcore.

Opened a bottle of red whilst swearing profusely.

Maravilloso Marvo
02-05-2024, 01:52 PM

Hardcore.

As I was sitting watching it with my 7 and 6 year old, I was a little bit more restrained than you... A wry smile and an inward "here we go again".

Peter
02-05-2024, 01:54 PM

Hardcore.

Plastic beer cup....? What's wrong with a pint glass?

I went for a piss, muttering 'bunch of ****ing clowns'.

WES
02-05-2024, 01:54 PM
As I was sitting watching it with my 7 and 6 year old, I was a little bit more restrained than you... A wry smile and an inward "here we go again".

Kinell Marv, you've got young children at your age?!?!?!

What's the scheduled retirement date, 83?

WES
02-05-2024, 01:55 PM
Plastic beer cup....? What's wrong with a pint glass?

I went for a piss, muttering 'bunch of ****ing clowns'.

What's wrong with a pint glass? The missus would get upset if I threw that across the kitchen, Peter.

Oh yes.

Maravilloso Marvo
02-05-2024, 01:56 PM
Kinell Marv, you've got young children at your age?!?!?!

What's the scheduled retirement date, 83?

Fcuking cheek of it, I'm only 44!

Although as I'm now going through a divorce where my Ex is looking to take every last penny I have, I may well end up reitiring at 83 :hehe:

WES
02-05-2024, 02:00 PM

Although as I'm now going through a divorce where my Ex is looking to take every last penny I have, I may well end up reitiring at 83 :hehe:

Is your ex the Spanish bird we met in the Woodbine all those years ago?

Peter
02-05-2024, 02:03 PM
What's wrong with a pint glass? The missus would get upset if I threw that across the kitchen, Peter.

Oh yes.

Is this a habit then? I threw a cup of tea at the wall when Arshavin scored that second goal against Barcelona. Still get **** about it :-)

IUFG
02-05-2024, 02:43 PM

unless you have the kids at least 50% of the time, you're going to get fúcking rinsed, Marve...

Maravilloso Marvo
02-05-2024, 03:19 PM
Is your ex the Spanish bird we met in the Woodbine all those years ago?

Yep, that is the one...

Maravilloso Marvo
02-05-2024, 03:19 PM
unless you have the kids at least 50% of the time, you're going to get fúcking rinsed, Marve...

Oh I am well aware of that :-|

WES
02-05-2024, 03:21 PM

Mate of mine just agreed his split. They've got one 14 year old daughter but because she lives with the mother it was a 56/44 split in the mother's favour. On top of which he has to pay maintenance.

:-|

IUFG
02-05-2024, 03:22 PM

There's nothing quite like a divorce to damage one's financial resilience

IUFG
02-05-2024, 03:25 PM
Mate of mine just agreed his split. They've got one 14 year old daughter but because she lives with the mother it was a 56/44 split in the mother's favour. On top of which he has to pay maintenance.

:-|

Wish I'd had his solicitor for mine. He's done well with that split.

I think mine was around 75:25. Guess which one I got :rolleyes:

pjlincs
02-05-2024, 04:36 PM
Wish I'd had his solicitor for mine. He's done well with that split.

I think mine was around 75:25. Guess which one I got :rolleyes:

Mine was 60:40 (not in my favour) plus maintenance plus 25% of private pension.

IUFG
02-05-2024, 05:01 PM
Mine was 60:40 (not in my favour) plus maintenance plus 25% of private pension.

I think I left the marriage with 25% of the equity of the house, a frying pan, set of knives and a couple of wine glasses.

The ex was working in a 'special class status' role, so I could have insisted on half her pension - if she went after mine - as soon as she was 55. She decided to leave our pensions out of the settlement.

I am still paying maintenance. :cry:

Chief Arrowhead
02-05-2024, 06:16 PM

Hardcore.I was incredibly calm, didn't bat an eye. One reason for that could be I accidently saw the final score before I watched the recording. ;)

WES
02-05-2024, 07:38 PM
I was incredibly calm, didn't bat an eye. One reason for that could be I accidently saw the final score before I watched the recording. ;)

That’s cheating Chief :nono:

Confident for Sunday night? I despise the 49ers but can’t see the Chiefs winning. Their D has an edge, offences about the same

redgunamo
02-05-2024, 09:14 PM

Sorry to hear that, M.

redgunamo
02-05-2024, 09:19 PM

Hardcore.

A mild sigh of disappointment at the loss of (another) clean sheet but the equaliser came far too early to do them any good. They were very poor, weren't troubling us at all.

Chief Arrowhead
02-05-2024, 09:50 PM
That’s cheating Chief :nono:

Confident for Sunday night? I despise the 49ers but can’t see the Chiefs winning. Their D has an edge, offences about the same

After 50 years of frustration the last 5 years have actually been a bit bewildering. The Chiefs have usually been schooled by a HOF quarterback and HOF coach, but we have those now. Our defense is hot right now and with two weeks to prepare I am optimistic. Only allowed 41 points total the last three playoff games vs. high-powered offenses (Miami, Buffalo, Baltimore). Can't believe that SF are two point favorites.

Personally, I feel like we're playing with house money so I won't be too distressed if they lose. However, if I were forced to bet I'd bet on Mahomes. The kid is superhuman with the game on the line.

WES
02-06-2024, 08:20 AM
After 50 years of frustration the last 5 years have actually been a bit bewildering. The Chiefs have usually been schooled by a HOF quarterback and HOF coach, but we have those now. Our defense is hot right now and with two weeks to prepare I am optimistic. Only allowed 41 points total the last three playoff games vs. high-powered offenses (Miami, Buffalo, Baltimore). Can't believe that SF are two point favorites.

Personally, I feel like we're playing with house money so I won't be too distressed if they lose. However, if I were forced to bet I'd bet on Mahomes. The kid is superhuman with the game on the line.

They run the ball better than you, Chief, and I'm not convinced on your O line against their front 4 but we'll see.

Either way, Go Chiefs Go! :thumbup: