PDA

View Full Version : One tiny moan from yesterday.....

Peter
02-05-2024, 11:56 AM
From our throws the ref managed to find a booking for time wasting and a foul throw, one of the least enforced rules in football.

Fair enough. But Liverpool were stealing yards by the half dozen at every throw and he never once pulled them back. On one occasion they took a throw that should have been at the corner flag from somewhere close to the edge of the box.

I wonder if refs are paying more attention to our throws because we keep scoring from them?

Pat Vegas
02-05-2024, 12:39 PM
ref was shocking.

I know they have changed the rules about dissent but dishing out yellow cards every 2 seconds is crazy. there is a big difference from a player having a little moan to screaming in the refs face.

Peter
02-05-2024, 01:00 PM
ref was shocking.

I know they have changed the rules about dissent but dishing out yellow cards every 2 seconds is crazy. there is a big difference from a player having a little moan to screaming in the refs face.

I thought booking Nunez was pathetic. He just stomped and howled in frustration, not specifically at anyone. Surely he is allowed to be angry?

Quite funny that the ref booked White for time wasting and then spent 2 minutes ****ing around with his equipment :-)

Maravilloso Marvo
02-05-2024, 01:10 PM
I thought booking Nunez was pathetic. He just stomped and howled in frustration, not specifically at anyone. Surely he is allowed to be angry?

Quite funny that the ref booked White for time wasting and then spent 2 minutes ****ing around with his equipment :-)

Ramsdale was in the background of the cameras with Sky whilst the ref was changing his equipment, tapping his watch and getting agitated. I think Arteta was having something to say on it as well.

PSRB
02-05-2024, 01:11 PM

Apparently Ramsdale shouted from the bench at the ref to stop time-wasting :hehe:

My thoughts on Anthony Taylor are well known. Havertz didn't deserve a yellow, he bumped into the lino by accident who dropped his flag in the process.

IUFG
02-05-2024, 01:26 PM
From our throws the ref managed to find a booking for time wasting and a foul throw, one of the least enforced rules in football.

Fair enough. But Liverpool were stealing yards by the half dozen at every throw and he never once pulled them back. On one occasion they took a throw that should have been at the corner flag from somewhere close to the edge of the box.

I wonder if refs are paying more attention to our throws because we keep scoring from them?

lets just accept that 99% of all throw ins in the PL are foul throws...

1. Procedure
At the moment of delivering the ball, the thrower must:

stand facing the field of play
have part of each foot on the touchline or on the ground outside the touchline
throw the ball with both hands from behind and over the head from the point where it left the field of play

Peter
02-05-2024, 01:40 PM
lets just accept that 99% of all throw ins in the PL are foul throws...

1. Procedure
At the moment of delivering the ball, the thrower must:

stand facing the field of play
have part of each foot on the touchline or on the ground outside the touchline
throw the ball with both hands from behind and over the head from the point where it left the field of play

It is one of those rather silly old rules and refs always ignore it unless you do something absurd.

I once played in a Sunday game where the ref had such a strong view that every throw was given as a foul. Each time the ball went out for a throw both sides had 3 or 4 attempts each before he was happy with one. Someone (not me) called him a prick :-)

IUFG
02-05-2024, 02:39 PM
It is one of those rather silly old rules and refs always ignore it unless you do something absurd.

I once played in a Sunday game where the ref had such a strong view that every throw was given as a foul. Each time the ball went out for a throw both sides had 3 or 4 attempts each before he was happy with one. Someone (not me) called him a prick :-)

Can you imagine a stadium of 60,000 and a pedantic ref, sticking to every law of the game? The match would be 3-hours long...

I remember watching my lad play and the opposition removed the corner flag for every corner. The ref stopped the match and told me they were "only kids" (U13) after I repeatedly pointed this out. I was asked to leave when I asked which other transgressions of the laws he was prepared to ignore #pedant :cloud9:

Luis Anaconda
02-06-2024, 11:36 AM
Can you imagine a stadium of 60,000 and a pedantic ref, sticking to every law of the game? The match would be 3-hours long...

I remember watching my lad play and the opposition removed the corner flag for every corner. The ref stopped the match and told me they were "only kids" (U13) after I repeatedly pointed this out. I was asked to leave when I asked which other transgressions of the laws he was prepared to ignore #pedant :cloud9:

Was it Mike Riley?

IUFG
02-06-2024, 01:12 PM
Was it Mike Riley?

couldn't ****ing help yourself, could you, la? :rolleyes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mM747L9Wf8M

Peter
02-06-2024, 01:27 PM
couldn't ****ing help yourself, could you, la? :rolleyes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mM747L9Wf8M

Quite incredible that Ashley Cole kept his cool after the Van Nistelrooy incident. I would have done him, sod the card :-)

But I think we were under strict instructions not to react to anything after the previous year.

IUFG
02-06-2024, 01:39 PM
Quite incredible that Ashley Cole kept his cool after the Van Nistelrooy incident. I would have done him, sod the card :-)

But I think we were under strict instructions not to react to anything after the previous year.

the whole thing is quite incredible.

**** it! I need to go for a walk around the offices now... :mad:

Peter
02-06-2024, 01:47 PM
the whole thing is quite incredible.

**** it! I need to go for a walk around the offices now... :mad:

Watch our lads assaulting Van Nistelrooy the previous year. Always cheers me up :-)

One of my favourite moments in football history. Never been prouder :-)

WES
02-06-2024, 02:52 PM
Watch our lads assaulting Van Nistelrooy the previous year. Always cheers me up :-)

One of my favourite moments in football history. Never been prouder :-)

Assaulting, Peter? Christ you sound like one of those whinging, cheating Munichs.

Keown bumped into him and Ralph pushed him in the back. Much ado about nowt.

Whinging, pathetic Munich c*nts.

Peter
02-06-2024, 03:22 PM
Assaulting, Peter? Christ you sound like one of those whinging, cheating Munichs.

Keown bumped into him and Ralph pushed him in the back. Much ado about nowt.

Whinging, pathetic Munich c*nts.

Keown pretended to celebrate and 'accidentally' clonked him on the head :o

Wonderful, wonderful moments. My favourite Old Trafford game.

PSRB
02-06-2024, 03:52 PM

My favourite was Adebayor scoring in the 86th minute to nick a 1-0 win. Mostly because I was there. The 8-2 was less fun.

WES
02-06-2024, 04:00 PM

Well we drew. And that was never a pen, was it that cheating pr1ck Bennett that gave that one?

In hindsight, that game was probably a stepping stone to being raped by Riley the year afterwards

WES
02-06-2024, 04:03 PM

Clonked him on the head with his underarm as I recall

Given the suspensions he should have chinned him. Now that I would have enjoyed.

Peter
02-06-2024, 06:53 PM
Well we drew. And that was never a pen, was it that cheating pr1ck Bennett that gave that one?

In hindsight, that game was probably a stepping stone to being raped by Riley the year afterwards

Well, I thought pretty much every game at Old Trafford from 98 onwards was a lesson in accepting bias. I think the Wiltord winner game in 02 was the only exception. They came out kicking and the ref booked four of them in the first half hour. Made a big difference.

Van Nistelrooy came on and should have been sent off at least twice in the last 20 minutes but you can't have everything :-)

IUFG
02-06-2024, 07:50 PM

See my earlier post..

WES
02-07-2024, 08:17 AM
Well, I thought pretty much every game at Old Trafford from 98 onwards was a lesson in accepting bias. I think the Wiltord winner game in 02 was the only exception. They came out kicking and the ref booked four of them in the first half hour. Made a big difference.

Van Nistelrooy came on and should have been sent off at least twice in the last 20 minutes but you can't have everything :-)

See also the FA Cup game - maybe in 2003? we won there 2-0 and Jeff Winter booked them early doors to make them play football.

After that it was no contest.

PSRB
02-07-2024, 09:08 AM
See also the FA Cup game - maybe in 2003? we won there 2-0 and Jeff Winter booked them early doors to make them play football.

After that it was no contest.

That was the Edu free-kick and Giggs missing an absolute sitter (that never gets mentioned enough) match?

Luis Anaconda
02-07-2024, 09:32 AM
That was the Edu free-kick and Giggs missing an absolute sitter (that never gets mentioned enough) match?

I'd forgotten about that til I saw it on Twitter recently. It was an absolute shocker. Wiltord got the other didn't he - much underrated player

Winter should have been even harsher on them. Particularly Scholes. Have mellowed towards some of that United team (enjoy Keane and Neville in particular on that podcast with Wrighty) but I will never forgive or forget that horrible ginger thug. Doesn't help that he is a ****, whiny pundit who says nothing remotely original.

Also I see Ferdinand has been making a prat out of himself about our "OTT" celebrations

WES
02-07-2024, 10:00 AM

Yes, although I had forgotten about the Giggs sitter. Wiltord scored the 2nd, Cole to Freddie maybe in the build up.

I remember both Scholes and Horsefaced C*nt launching themselves into us and getting yellows. There was probably one or two more, but Winter got them out quickly and that was the end of them.

Filthy Munich c*nts.

WES
02-07-2024, 10:54 AM
Yes, although I had forgotten about the Giggs sitter. Wiltord scored the 2nd, Cole to Freddie maybe in the build up.

I remember both Scholes and Horsefaced C*nt launching themselves into us and getting yellows. There was probably one or two more, but Winter got them out quickly and that was the end of them.

Filthy Munich c*nts.

Just watched the first 15 min of that game, Scholes and then Horseface booked early, then Horseface went through Ralph which looked a clear second yellow to me, Vieira booked for dissent.

The Giggs miss :hehe:

Peter
02-07-2024, 10:57 AM
I'd forgotten about that til I saw it on Twitter recently. It was an absolute shocker. Wiltord got the other didn't he - much underrated player

Winter should have been even harsher on them. Particularly Scholes. Have mellowed towards some of that United team (enjoy Keane and Neville in particular on that podcast with Wrighty) but I will never forgive or forget that horrible ginger thug. Doesn't help that he is a ****, whiny pundit who says nothing remotely original.

Also I see Ferdinand has been making a prat out of himself about our "OTT" celebrations

Carragher- oh my god what an absolute cock :-)

I love the celebration police. Always makes me laugh.

Luis Anaconda
02-07-2024, 12:36 PM

Filthy Munich c*nts.
You do know they are from Manchester don't you?

WES
02-07-2024, 02:45 PM
You do know they are from Manchester don't you?

Yeah right :hehe: :hehe:

London, Basildon and Bournemouth more like.

Luis Anaconda
02-07-2024, 03:15 PM
Yeah right :hehe: :hehe:

London, Basildon and Bournemouth more like.

:hehe: I actually know a fair few in Munich too but they are mostly from Ireland with one Icelander. But there is already a horrible team in red with associations with Munich so I don't get why you still refer to United as such (obviously I know why they might be, but it seems somewhat outdated)