PDA

View Full Version : That was as much Saliba as Gabriel

WES
02-04-2024, 05:20 PM
Get rid of the f*cking thing you stupid French c*nt!!!!!

Peter
02-04-2024, 05:22 PM

Saliba has looked dodgy all game. Dwelling on the ball or out of position.

Our ability to conjure up a way of conceding a goal from nothing is quite astonishing.

7sisters
02-04-2024, 05:24 PM

Yep..Just the half time gift that insures we’ll be on the back foot for the entire second half before crumbling to yet another Scouse mugging.

Liverpool though…We could be two up with five minutes remaining and, well, we know how this plays out.

WES
02-04-2024, 05:24 PM
Saliba has looked dodgy all game. Dwelling on the ball or out of position.

Our ability to conjure up a way of conceding a goal from nothing is quite astonishing.

On the upside, we have made the league leaders look like relegation fodder we are so good

Peter
02-04-2024, 05:26 PM
On the upside, we have made the league leaders look like relegation fodder we are so good

We've been excellent but we've ****ed it up. Not sure that is rally worth celebrating :-)

WES
02-04-2024, 05:28 PM
We've been excellent but we've ****ed it up. Not sure that is rally worth celebrating :-)

Small pleasures, Peter.

We’re Arsenal supporters after all :-)

WES
02-04-2024, 05:29 PM
Small pleasures, Peter.

My favourite moment was Gabi skipping past TAA like he was a pylon :-)

Peter
02-04-2024, 05:30 PM
Small pleasures, Peter.

We have to stop doing this. It is really, really ****ing annoying. The equivalent of dropping straightforward catches in cricket.

Peter
02-04-2024, 05:31 PM
My favourite moment was Gabi skipping past TAA like he was a pylon :-)

How the **** did Saka miss that header?? :-)

WES
02-04-2024, 06:28 PM
How the **** did Saka miss that header?? :-)

Well that was enjoyable - clearly the better team and clearly in the chase for the league.

Well done Arsenal and well done Arteta!

:thumbup:

Peter
02-04-2024, 06:31 PM
Well that was enjoyable - clearly the better team and clearly in the chase for the league.

Well done Arsenal and well done Arteta!

:thumbup:

Nice of Liverpool to return the favour :-)

Jorginho excellent in two different roles and, I have criticised him previously, Raya was excellent- flawless handling throughout.

redgunamo
02-04-2024, 09:38 PM

Very good point. Not impressed at all.

pjlincs
02-04-2024, 10:23 PM

Jorginho excellent in two different roles and, I have criticised him previously, Raya was excellent- flawless handling throughout.

Gary Neville agrees with you re Jorginho making him MotM. I too have eaten my previous critical words.

Havertz defended well in the latter stages.

The Gabriel - Polish Chap attacking combo was pretty impressive!

WES
02-05-2024, 08:18 AM

Perhaps we've found the midfield we were looking for - they were all awfully good and we seemed to have the right balance.

We've drawn with Liverpool away in a very even game, completely outplayed them at home and deservedly beaten City at home.

This should be fun :-)

WES
02-05-2024, 08:20 AM

And no doubt you noticed that Gabi and Saka had far more 1v1s with the FBs than we usually see.

Possibly because we moved it more quickly through midfield (even with Rice there :-) ) or possibly because Liverpool didn't actually come for a draw. Or possibly both.

PSRB
02-05-2024, 08:45 AM

Raya was as much at fault for their goal as Saliba, he started to come and then stopped. Should have cleaned everyone out

Peter
02-05-2024, 09:18 AM
Raya was as much at fault for their goal as Saliba, he started to come and then stopped. Should have cleaned everyone out

I did consider that but the ball was travelling quite slowly. As he approached Diaz got round Saliba and at that point he cant clean them out.

Sometimes the keeper charging out can lead to disaster :-)

Pat Vegas
02-05-2024, 09:21 AM
I blame Saliba for it. should have just hoofed it at that point of the half.

redgunamo
02-05-2024, 10:06 AM
I blame Saliba for it. should have just hoofed it at that point of the half.

Can't do that sort of thing anymore, I'm afraid. They'd take away his ball-playing centre-halves club membership card and badge :-\

Pat Vegas
02-05-2024, 10:14 AM
Can't do that sort of thing anymore, I'm afraid. They'd take away his ball-playing centre-halves club membership card and badge :-\

I was extemely pleased when Liverpool had a similar error later on. I was thinking to myself this sort of thing only happens to us.

Also I think Klopp was a but over confident he probably thought let Arsenal beat themselves again. didn't work this time.

redgunamo
02-05-2024, 11:03 AM
I was extemely pleased when Liverpool had a similar error later on. I was thinking to myself this sort of thing only happens to us.

Also I think Klopp was a but over confident he probably thought let Arsenal beat themselves again. didn't work this time.

Right. The equaliser did them more harm than good.1-nil down at the break having created nothing, they would've been planning on changing something. 1-1 though and it's "As you were, lads."

IUFG
02-05-2024, 11:08 AM

so, the F**k Up Fairy visited both dressing rooms...

Peter
02-05-2024, 11:51 AM
And no doubt you noticed that Gabi and Saka had far more 1v1s with the FBs than we usually see.

Possibly because we moved it more quickly through midfield (even with Rice there :-) ) or possibly because Liverpool didn't actually come for a draw. Or possibly both.

Our press was electric in the first half, we caught them out again and again. Most of the exposure came from that rather than from our deep possession (e.g. the first goal). Raya also set us off on counter attacks, including the one where Martinelli completely roasted them :-)

Still, we never really played out through the press, we went long (e.g. the wonderful second goal). Havertz certainly makes this more effective.

Odegaard still isn't playing at his best but he contributes so much.

WES
02-05-2024, 02:07 PM
Still, we never really played out through the press, we went long (e.g. the wonderful second goal). Havertz certainly makes this more effective.

You did see our first goal did you, Peter?

Peter
02-05-2024, 02:12 PM

I think I remember seeing it but must admit I don't remember the build up. Terrible finish from Havertz.

Peter
02-05-2024, 02:14 PM

Just watched it again. Excellent work :-)

We should do more of it...