Cricket, eh. Bloody hell.

Luis Anaconda
01-28-2024, 12:23 PM
Another Test

WES
01-29-2024, 08:36 AM

Hmmm. Wonderful result. Incredible, some would say. Almost unbelievable.

Against India, I believe.

In India, you say?

Now I'm thinking that a chap who laid a wager on England to win after the first innings were over would have got awfully good odds.

:rubchin:

PSRB
01-29-2024, 09:03 AM
Another Test

Foakes did well :-)

Luis Anaconda
01-29-2024, 09:34 AM
Foakes did well :-)
Absolutely - vital effort with the bat and great behind the stumps. Should keep him :)

Luis Anaconda
01-29-2024, 09:36 AM
Hmmm. Wonderful result. Incredible, some would say. Almost unbelievable.

Against India, I believe.

In India, you say?

Now I'm thinking that a chap who laid a wager on England to win after the first innings were over would have got awfully good odds.

:rubchin:

Indeed. More importantly, the chap who came out after the first day and said we were in a good position (Ben Duckett) and got pelted for it deserves a bit of credit

Peter
01-29-2024, 10:16 AM
Indeed. More importantly, the chap who came out after the first day and said we were in a good position (Ben Duckett) and got pelted for it deserves a bit of credit

But..... we weren't! :-)

Luis Anaconda
01-29-2024, 10:39 AM
But..... we weren't! :-)

Oh we weren't - but he was attacked in the main for daring to have a positive attitude. The mindset of the team is that they can win from anywhere, which isn't too far from truth.

Peter
01-29-2024, 10:58 AM
Oh we weren't - but he was attacked in the main for daring to have a positive attitude. The mindset of the team is that they can win from anywhere, which isn't too far from truth.

Absolutely. They seem to take pride in making the rest of us look a bit daft :-)

Keeping Hartley on in the first innings when he was getting pelted ended up being crucial. Part of their broader theme of backing players to the hilt and telling them it is ok to fail. There must be many previous players wishing they had played in that environment.

PSRB
01-29-2024, 11:02 AM
Absolutely. They seem to take pride in making the rest of us look a bit daft :-)

Keeping Hartley on in the first innings when he was getting pelted ended up being crucial. Part of their broader theme of backing players to the hilt and telling them it is ok to fail. There must be many previous players wishing they had played in that environment.

Hick immediately springs to mind.

Peter
01-29-2024, 11:06 AM
Hick immediately springs to mind.

Ramps :-)

Plenty of other players who stayed in the side but probably would have performed far better under this approach.

redgunamo
01-29-2024, 11:40 AM
Ramps :-)

Plenty of other players who stayed in the side but probably would have performed far better under this approach.

Basically Athers' whole team.

Peter
01-29-2024, 11:59 AM
Basically Athers' whole team.

Yeah. I always thought those players were far better than their individual and collective records suggested. The start of Nasser's reign under Duncan Fletcher showed that.