PDA

View Full Version : This board is/was incredible!

redgunamo
01-25-2024, 09:28 AM
In moments of heightened tedium during Lockdown, one would occasionally search random words-of-interest and read old threads on the topic. There's gold in the archives; many dear departed posters, great debate, good posts.

Like Hansard, only better because I don't feel parliament ever truly got down to the nitty-gritty concerning the later Wenger years, for example, or the Emery incumbency, the early Arteta steps. And so on.

Of course, The Classics are mostly so ridiculously good that it's almost ridiculous to read them all over again.

PSRB
01-25-2024, 09:35 AM
In moments of heightened tedium during Lockdown, one would occasionally search random words-of-interest and read old threads on the topic. There's gold in the archives; many dear departed posters, great debate, good posts.

Like Hansard, only better because I don't feel parliament ever truly got down to the nitty-gritty concerning the later Wenger years, for example, or the Emery incumbency, the early Arteta steps. And so on.

Of course, The Classics are mostly so ridiculously good that it's almost ridiculous to read them all over again.

:nod: I frequently read The Classics. They always make me chuckle.

Sir C
01-25-2024, 10:03 AM

What year was the original migration from AFCi to Awimb? I suspect it was 1998? :yikes:

redgunamo
01-25-2024, 10:26 AM
What year was the original migration from AFCi to Awimb? I suspect it was 1998? :yikes:

:shrug: I''m just a newbie, I'm afraid.* I joined around the time Sol signed.

*60 soon.

PSRB
01-25-2024, 10:29 AM

*60 soon.

I'm still gutted Twitter wasn't around for Sol signing, my one ITK moment. Just had to be content with telling you lot.

Peter
01-25-2024, 10:55 AM
I'm still gutted Twitter wasn't around for Sol signing, my one ITK moment. Just had to be content with telling you lot.

Was that you who told us about that? I remember hearing it first on here.

redgunamo
01-25-2024, 11:00 AM

What a time that was! Much appreciated, despite the abuse (was that you or somebody else?).

PSRB
01-25-2024, 11:11 AM

Yes, I was working at The Sun and me and couple of Arsenal fans were chatting with the journos who had heard a rumour that he'd been seen at Arsenal training ground. We'd also heard a sniff a few days before.

Sir C
01-25-2024, 11:31 AM

*60 soon.

I believe 60 is the new 40, r.

2001... seems like a lifetime ago.

Peter
01-25-2024, 11:33 AM
Yes, I was working at The Sun and me and couple of Arsenal fans were chatting with the journos who had heard a rumour that he'd been seen at Arsenal training ground. We'd also heard a sniff a few days before.

I referred your tip to a friend who had a friend that worked at Shoot magazine. He came back and assured me that it was total nonsense- at exactly the same time as Sol walked out at the press conference :-)

PSRB
01-25-2024, 12:49 PM
I referred your tip to a friend who had a friend that worked at Shoot magazine. He came back and assured me that it was total nonsense- at exactly the same time as Sol walked out at the press conference :-)

:hehe: was much the same from the spurs fans in the office. Although, it was less politely phrased but the look on their faces when it was confirmed was priceless.

PSRB
01-25-2024, 12:50 PM
I believe 60 is the new 40, r.

2001... seems like a lifetime ago.

Was 50 in August, taken me until now to get my round being nearly dead. :-\

Luis Anaconda
01-25-2024, 12:55 PM
Was 50 in August, taken me until now to get my round being nearly dead. :-\

Tis but a number. Although the fact that I can't sleep past 6am anymore is a worry. I HATE MORNINGS

Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult
01-25-2024, 01:41 PM

My mate, a fellow Gooner, was driving us back from Whitechappel to Hackney listening to some Pirate ragga station. The Sperz supporting DJ broke the news and he was fuming. The then played that song that goes "In for drink in a chi-chi man bar / Fire make we burn dem."

He responds to his rivals getting Sol on a free with some West Indian homophobia.

pjlincs
01-25-2024, 03:41 PM

*60 soon.

66 last week. First state pension payment arrived Monday. Bus pass arrived today. Legitimately paid the OAP rate for a haircut this morning. :old: