PDA

View Full Version : Lovely.

redgunamo
01-20-2024, 02:52 PM
Never in doubt and a' that.

WES
01-20-2024, 04:18 PM

So we can score goals and we shouldn’t have judged the team and Arteta and the progress we’ve made based on two poor results?

Ya don’t say :hehe:

7sisters
01-20-2024, 07:31 PM
So we can score goals and we shouldn’t have judged the team and Arteta and the progress we’ve made based on two poor results?

Ya don’t say :hehe:

We hadn’t won in any of the previous four games. Only the away draw with the scousers had merit.
You’re not seriously claiming a reset based on thrashing Woy’s downtrodden Palace are you Wes. The same Palace who’ve won 1 of their last nine ?

That’s on a par with those pundits who hailed Nketiah as world class following his hatrick against Sheffield.

You’re better than this..

Sir C
01-20-2024, 07:53 PM
We hadn’t won in any of the previous four games. Only the away draw with the scousers had merit.
You’re not seriously claiming a reset based on thrashing Woy’s downtrodden Palace are you Wes. The same Palace who’ve won 1 of their last nine ?

That’s on a par with those pundits who hailed Nketiah as world class following his hatrick against Sheffield.

“ You’re better than this.” ��

redgunamo
01-20-2024, 10:20 PM

Just wish I could've joined George and Kenny in the pub after; their thoughts on all things "the Arsenal" would be gold.

Darren's Dodgy Denim
01-20-2024, 11:22 PM
Felt sorry for Hodgson in the end. He looked completely forlorn.

WES
01-21-2024, 06:54 AM

No 7s, I don’t judge us based on yesterday, or the previous 4 games.

We finished 2nd last year and are currently 5 points back (or less) in 3rd place with 17 games left to play.

I judge us based on that. :shrug:

redgunamo
01-21-2024, 09:17 AM
No 7s, I don’t judge us based on yesterday, or the previous 4 games.

We finished 2nd last year and are currently 5 points back (or less) in 3rd place with 17 games left to play.

I judge us based on that. :shrug:

We're a decent side. However, we're all concerned that we've dropped points lately we probably cannot afford to drop. Fair enough, imo.

Funny old game though, still.

PSRB
01-22-2024, 08:22 AM
We're a decent side. However, we're all concerned that we've dropped points lately we probably cannot afford to drop. Fair enough, imo.

Funny old game though, still.

As I said, we needed the break. Could see someone was going to get a battering soon.

Great to see Martinelli finding his scoring touch and always lovely to watch a match without getting stressed.

Luis Anaconda
01-22-2024, 09:16 AM
As I said, we needed the break. Could see someone was going to get a battering soon.

Great to see Martinelli finding his scoring touch and always lovely to watch a match without getting stressed.

I was stressed every time Eze got the ball - until we got the third

Pat Vegas
01-22-2024, 09:30 AM

quite good, Jesus needs to sort out the offsides though.

PSRB
01-22-2024, 09:39 AM

Defended him really well, I thought. Resorted to 25 yard pot shots in the end. I did cuss a bit when Trossard fluffed that sitter

Luis Anaconda
01-22-2024, 09:50 AM
Defended him really well, I thought. Resorted to 25 yard pot shots in the end. I did cuss a bit when Trossard fluffed that sitter

We did - seemed reluctant to go at White on the outside which helped. Rate Mitchell highly as a defender but didn't look much of a threat on that flank going forward

John Bunnell
01-22-2024, 10:35 AM
5 nil drubbings are nice but really means jack when after going on a good run we p*ss it up the wall with a follow up horrible run of 3 losses 1 draw in 4.

We do this type of nonsense far too often yet WES is jumping around like nothing is wrong after battering some fodder.

redgunamo
01-22-2024, 11:00 AM

I warmed to him immediately when the commentator explained that he (Eze, not the commentator) had cried in his room for a week when the Arsenal had let him go as a youngster.

He still loves us, sign him up!

redgunamo
01-22-2024, 11:04 AM
quite good, Jesus needs to sort out the offsides though.

Poor bloke, he never gets ANYTHING from the officials. I think they've decided he goes down too easily.

Peter
01-22-2024, 11:06 AM
Poor bloke, he never gets ANYTHING from the officials. I think they've decided he goes down too easily.

He didn't help himself with a pretty awful dive :-(

He had a clumsy game overall but you certainly cannot accuse him of being quiet. I suppose if you are not going to score goals you need to contribute something else :-)

Luis Anaconda
01-22-2024, 11:10 AM
I warmed to him immediately when the commentator explained that he (Eze, not the commentator) had cried in his room for a week when the Arsenal had let him go as a youngster.

He still loves us, sign him up!

we had Olise as well :(

WES
01-22-2024, 12:12 PM
5 nil drubbings are nice but really means jack when after going on a good run we p*ss it up the wall with a follow up horrible run of 3 losses 1 draw in 4.

We do this type of nonsense far too often yet WES is jumping around like nothing is wrong after battering some fodder.

Struggling with reading again, John?

Or was it English comprehension that was giving you trouble? :rubchin:

Either way, carry on :thumbup:

Pat Vegas
01-22-2024, 12:42 PM

oh he does, Since he's come back from Injury I am not impressed. Before that he used to be more agressive and now he just seems to be on the floor most of the time moaning.