PDA

View Full Version : Musing on John Robertson, dunno why.

redgunamo
01-11-2024, 12:12 PM
Fat Scotsman who looked like Rab Nesbit having a bad day but, on that left wing, seemed to have hips and feet like Nijinsky (the dancer, rather than the horse, I suppose).

Why don't they make players like that anymore? Cheap too apparently.

7sisters
01-11-2024, 12:53 PM
Fat Scotsman who looked like Rab Nesbit having a bad day but, on that left wing, seemed to have hips and feet like Nijinsky (the dancer, rather than the horse, I suppose).

Why don't they make players like that anymore? Cheap too apparently.

Marwood :cloud9: He had better hair though

Luis Anaconda
01-11-2024, 01:10 PM
Marwood :cloud9: He had better hair though

Really good footballer, shame about the injuries. Never got the credit he deserved in 88/89 imo

Maravilloso Marvo
01-11-2024, 01:34 PM
Really good footballer, shame about the injuries. Never got the credit he deserved in 88/89 imo

The problem with Marwood, if I remember rightly, is that Limpar came along and suddenly made Marwood seem very boring and ordinary.

PSRB
01-11-2024, 01:42 PM
The problem with Marwood, if I remember rightly, is that Limpar came along and suddenly made Marwood seem very boring and ordinary.

He was no Glenn Helder

Luis Anaconda
01-11-2024, 02:31 PM

Marwood fell out with Graham over his PFA work otherwise we might not have signed Anders. Spot on that he eclipsed BM once signed though

Luis Anaconda
01-11-2024, 02:34 PM
He was no Glenn Helder

Greatest Debut Ever - and set up God's first goal for us. Never forget

redgunamo
01-11-2024, 02:44 PM
No. What a time to be alive.

https://youtu.be/biia9MJMN2U?si=rfDLatd4qKHObEgX

He was no Glenn Helder

PSRB
01-11-2024, 02:46 PM

I remember Palace away (IWWW was in the away end with us, as usual was suspended), he was excellent that match....I may have been drunk.

IUFG
01-11-2024, 02:48 PM

Ah, Anders... :cloud9:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebSRjIBxFNE

Luis Anaconda
01-11-2024, 03:09 PM
I remember Palace away (IWWW was in the away end with us, as usual was suspended), he was excellent that match....I may have been drunk.

Kiwomya scored twice - big win

Luis Anaconda
01-11-2024, 03:10 PM
Ah, Anders... :cloud9:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebSRjIBxFNE

Not like you to post a video of us at Old Trafford, I

Not one without Mike Riley anyway

PSRB
01-11-2024, 03:15 PM
Kiwomya scored twice - big win

Highly unusual, I've never seen a player hit the woodwork as often as Kiwomya. He was a few cm's from being a brilliant striker!

Luis Anaconda
01-11-2024, 03:25 PM
Highly unusual, I've never seen a player hit the woodwork as often as Kiwomya. He was a few cm's from being a brilliant striker!

Kaba Diawara? Now manager of Guinea

PSRB
01-11-2024, 03:30 PM
Kaba Diawara? Now manager of Guinea

Definitely Kiwomya, cause he did score.

IUFG
01-11-2024, 03:36 PM
Not like you to post a video of us at Old Trafford, I

Not one without Mike Riley anyway

Nice to see one where we are not being ****ed over.

Oh, hang on...You can stick your 2 points up your arse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mM747L9Wf8M

Peter
01-11-2024, 03:53 PM

Two great feet and brilliant at set pieces. He was a brilliant signing.

Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult
01-12-2024, 11:51 AM

That step over just before HT. Day we sacked GG wasn't it? I'd got back from my first trip to India {8-9 months} the week before and had gone to my parents the day before the game. Dad said he'd take me then we saw GG's sacking on TV 2-3 hours before we left for the station.

Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult
01-12-2024, 11:55 AM

Am I wrong in thinking Eboué hit the woodwork about ten times one season? After moving to RW when Sagna went to RB.