PDA

View Full Version : Odegaard

PSRB
12-18-2023, 08:31 AM
said at the time, £30m was an absolute steal. I could watch the lad all day, cracking player.

Oh and never thought I'd say £105m was great value but Rice is outstanding.

WES
12-18-2023, 08:52 AM
said at the time, £30m was an absolute steal. I could watch the lad all day, cracking player.

Also, we appear to be top of the league. :-)

And leading the league in goals conceded (well tied). :-)

And City appear to be struggling. And we outplayed Villa comfortably at their place. And I just watched a really ****e ManU team comfortably hold Liverpool at Anfield.

I have yet to see a team better than us this year :nod:

PSRB
12-18-2023, 08:59 AM

And City appear to be struggling. And we outplayed Villa comfortably at their place. And I just watched a really ****e ManU team comfortably hold Liverpool at Anfield.

No way Liverpool will play that poorly against us. The atmosphere was terrible as well.

Maravilloso Marvo
12-18-2023, 10:49 AM
In the words of a wise old man

We're gonna get gubbed

redgunamo
12-18-2023, 10:55 AM
I would just add that if arteta had picked up bookings willy-nilly like this when he played for us, then we wouldn't be in this mess :-)

What on earth is going on out there!

redgunamo
12-18-2023, 10:57 AM
Decs is terrific. And just the one yellow card so far? Remarkable.

Peter
12-18-2023, 11:17 AM

That through ball to Saka, with back spin, was worthy of God himself*

*Bergkamp.

Peter
12-18-2023, 11:19 AM
No way Liverpool will play that poorly against us. The atmosphere was terrible as well.

Well.... that is partly because the referee implemented the rules. Every time they tried to get the crowd going by getting physical he gave the free kicks and handed out the right bookings. If the ref does his job, you get a fair game. Sending off was ridiculous :-)

I will be amazed if we get that lucky. We'll probably get Anthony Taylor :-(

Peter
12-18-2023, 11:27 AM

We played really well yesterday. However, it was only Gross missing from 5 yards that prevented us dropping points. Far too tentative in front of goal.

Ben White continues to worry me. Ball watching for that Gross chance.

For the third season running we face 3 tough away games in the last 9 games of the run in- this year it is City, Spurs and United. For the third season running, we are a bit short of defensive cover. I am a bit concerned that we will tail off during the run in- for the third season running.

I can't see us getting anything at Anfield.

pjlincs
12-18-2023, 11:28 AM
I will be amazed if we get that lucky. We'll probably get Anthony Taylor :-([/QUOTE]

Ref: Chris Kavanagh
Assistants: Simon Bennett, Dan Robathan
Fourth Official: Craig Pawson
VAR: David Coote
Asst VAR: Lee Betts

WES
12-18-2023, 11:34 AM
We played really well yesterday. However, it was only Gross missing from 5 yards that prevented us dropping points. Far too tentative in front of goal.

For the third season running we face 3 tough away games in the last 9 games of the run in- this year it is City, Spurs and United. For the third season running, we are a bit short of defensive cover. I am a bit concerned that we will tail off during the run in- for the third season running.

I’m shocked, Peter, shocked I say!

I had just assumed you would be a veritable fortress of unbridled optimism and positive thinking.

:yikes:

Peter
12-18-2023, 11:37 AM
I’m shocked, Peter, shocked I say!

I had just assumed you would be a veritable fortress of unbridled optimism and positive thinking.

:yikes:

I always look for the positives in any situation..

I just rarely find them :-)

I hate Anfield. I am not able to be positive about playing there.

Although funnily enough, in May 89 I was absolutely convinced we would be beat them and win the league. Weird.....

Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult
12-18-2023, 02:56 PM
Decs is terrific. And just the one yellow card so far? Remarkable.

Didn't know that. That's amazing.

12-18-2023, 03:09 PM

If Ganpati's {HIM, not me} good luck and fortune were to bless us:

1. Tommy's been looking amazing this season, and having his annual injury in winter means that he won't be injured during the run-in this time 'round.

2. There's a possibility that Timber could be back for the end of the season. Would you want to play someone who's coming back from a long term injury and only has something like 32 mins of PL experience in total during a vital run-in? I dunno.

But if both are fit, we'd have top drawer cover at LB/RB, Inverted Back and CH. Which I think was the plan all along.

What do people think about young Jakob, btw, both at LCH and LB?

John Bunnell
12-19-2023, 09:20 AM
Odegaard is my favourite player for us. I love a flair player pass master. And he actually works hard.

The funniest thing about Rice is how West Ham fans try to delude themselves that they are better off without him. He's borderline World Class.

pjlincs
12-19-2023, 12:19 PM
What do people think about young Jakob, btw, both at LCH and LB?[/QUOTE]

Jakub. We need decent squad players and he seems to fit the bill.

Peter
12-19-2023, 12:43 PM
If Ganpati's {HIM, not me} good luck and fortune were to bless us:

1. Tommy's been looking amazing this season, and having his annual injury in winter means that he won't be injured during the run-in this time 'round.

2. There's a possibility that Timber could be back for the end of the season. Would you want to play someone who's coming back from a long term injury and only has something like 32 mins of PL experience in total during a vital run-in? I dunno.

But if both are fit, we'd have top drawer cover at LB/RB, Inverted Back and CH. Which I think was the plan all along.

What do people think about young Jakob, btw, both at LCH and LB?

Last season we had to rely on Rob Holding. The season before we had to rely on Holding and Cedric and they both got horribly found out at Spurs.

I am concerned we will end up with Cedric again this season. He is actually ok against most of the Premier League but if we have to go to City, Spurs or United with him at right back it will cost us.

I don't see Timber playing this year. Obviously if everyone else is fit we will be ok but that is a very, very big if. In the last couple of seasons we have generally run out of steam a bit during the run in, largely as a consequence of playing a very consistent first XI through the season. Maybe the squad can cope a bit better this year but the defensive cover is the big concern.

PSRB
12-19-2023, 03:06 PM
Last season we had to rely on Rob Holding. The season before we had to rely on Holding and Cedric and they both got horribly found out at Spurs.

I am concerned we will end up with Cedric again this season. He is actually ok against most of the Premier League but if we have to go to City, Spurs or United with him at right back it will cost us.

I don't see Timber playing this year. Obviously if everyone else is fit we will be ok but that is a very, very big if. In the last couple of seasons we have generally run out of steam a bit during the run in, largely as a consequence of playing a very consistent first XI through the season. Maybe the squad can cope a bit better this year but the defensive cover is the big concern.

United? They're utter pony

Peter
12-19-2023, 03:14 PM
United? They're utter pony

Yeah, but they're not. And Cedric up against Rashford, at Old Trafford? **** that!

PSRB
12-19-2023, 03:43 PM
Yeah, but they're not. And Cedric up against Rashford, at Old Trafford? **** that!

Not playing Rashford though, they're using the massively overrated Garnacho. Plus the dissatisfaction from the crowd at OT is currently reminiscent of Emirates at the back end of the Wenger era. Granted, they'll probably have a new manager by the time we roll up

7sisters
12-19-2023, 05:05 PM

He’s a terrific player, the way he threads a pass is quite special. My only critique would be his wastefulness in front of goal. He does spurn his fair share of opportunities.
Brighton certainly defended deep. The moment where Dunk was rolling around clutching his Jacob’s was pure gold.

12-19-2023, 05:07 PM

I'm praying that this is Tommi's one annual injury getting out of the way. If we have him as cover, we could deal with an injury to RB/RCH.

Also, what do you think of TP5 as the inverted RB? In theory it should work - he played right back when we lost that Euro-semi - but we can't have Zinny at LB. Actually, KT would have been fine if we told him not to overdo the bombing forward as he can play left of a back 3 - and Tommi would if both FBs were injured.

Just not sure about Kiwior yet - pray to Ganpati he comes good.

Peter
12-19-2023, 08:44 PM
I'm praying that this is Tommi's one annual injury getting out of the way. If we have him as cover, we could deal with an injury to RB/RCH.

Also, what do you think of TP5 as the inverted RB? In theory it should work - he played right back when we lost that Euro-semi - but we can't have Zinny at LB. Actually, KT would have been fine if we told him not to overdo the bombing forward as he can play left of a back 3 - and Tommi would if both FBs were injured.

Just not sure about Kiwior yet - pray to Ganpati he comes good.

I am not convinced by Partey as the inverted right back. Nor am I convinced that he will still be here after January. OR, if he is, that he will be fit. I am also not sure that the inverted right back works as well for us as an inverted left back. The balance doesn't work very well given the slant of our midfield.

If we avoid injuries we will be fine. But that would have also been the case in the previous two years.

Anyway, **** it. We have to get to March in decent shape for it to even be a problem. Let's worry about it later :-)

PSRB
12-20-2023, 02:19 PM
He’s a terrific player, the way he threads a pass is quite special. My only critique would be his wastefulness in front of goal. He does spurn his fair share of opportunities.
Brighton certainly defended deep. The moment where Dunk was rolling around clutching his Jacob’s was pure gold.

Will always make me chuckle, unless it's me getting smacked in the plums
https://twitter.com/premierleague/status/1737476772684325197