PDA

View Full Version : Seems to have been missed in the drama of the finish

Luis Anaconda
12-06-2023, 10:44 AM
but what a ****ing ball from Ødegaard. Fine header from Rice but it was absolutely begging for it

PSRB
12-06-2023, 11:11 AM
but what a ****ing ball from Ødegaard. Fine header from Rice but it was absolutely begging for it

:nod: As soon as it got half way to the box I was thinking this has got a real chance of being finished.

IUFG
12-06-2023, 11:27 AM

He can football, can Ødegaard :love:

7sisters
12-06-2023, 11:31 AM
He can football, can Ødegaard :love:

He certainly can but I didn’t think last night was anything to go on. He was pretty ineffectual for most of it tbh

IUFG
12-06-2023, 11:34 AM
He certainly can but I didn’t think last night was anything to go on. He was pretty ineffectual for most of it tbh

A quieter game, last night, but he's still the player everyone looks to give the ball to.

Does lots of things quietly and efficiently [Wenger mode off]

Peter
12-06-2023, 11:35 AM

He was having to come very, very deep to get on the ball, often playing in front of the centre backs. This seems to be a feature of our new midfield as neither Rice nor Havertz are as confident in that part of the pitch as Partey is.

It is easy to forget that Odegaard is actually two players. The magician in the last third but also our playmaker in possession. He did more of that last night.

PSRB
12-06-2023, 12:02 PM

:nod: Thought both he and Rice were pretty average for large parts but hey, they up came with the goods when it mattered

Luis Anaconda
12-06-2023, 12:02 PM

Harsh imo - kept us ticking over. Thought Luton were exceptional in shutting down the wings (with help from the ref) but we still managed to create chances/score four goals