PDA

View Full Version : Cor. A cheeky win at Luton tomorrow and we're 5 clear.

Sir C
12-04-2023, 09:17 AM
:trophy:

It's on, boys.

IUFG
12-04-2023, 10:30 AM

It's on, boys.

Indeed it is.

And we are not playing that well...

pjlincs
12-04-2023, 10:32 AM

It's on, boys.

Hopefully City can knacker Villa in a hard-fought draw on Wednesday night so we snatch an even cheekier away win on Saturday.

Send the squad players and kids to Eindhoven next week, don't blow it at home to Brighton followed by an epic win at Anfield.

I shall be watching the latter in a bar in Lanzarote with Mrs Lincs who supports Liverpool. Could set the tone for the rest of our holiday!

Sir C
12-04-2023, 11:04 AM
Hopefully City can knacker Villa in a hard-fought draw on Wednesday night so we snatch an even cheekier away win on Saturday.

Send the squad players and kids to Eindhoven next week, don't blow it at home to Brighton followed by an epic win at Anfield.

I shall be watching the latter in a bar in Lanzarote with Mrs Lincs who supports Liverpool. Could set the tone for the rest of our holiday!

You will repeatedly penetrate her reaguard and score at will, p?

Sir C
12-04-2023, 11:05 AM
Indeed it is.

And we are not playing that well...

If we had Henry instead of Nketiah we'd be done and dusted :-(

pjlincs
12-04-2023, 11:32 AM
You will repeatedly penetrate her reaguard and score at will, p?

Depends how many beers / gins consumed respectively. Might just be a full-frontal attack followed by a nap.

Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult
12-04-2023, 03:13 PM
If we had Henry instead of Nketiah we'd be done and dusted :-(

If we're gonna play that game, if we'd had big Tone and PV4 last year instead of Rob H and Mo El-Neny, we'd have won the league.

Bench would look stronger with Chippy, Bobby P, Boy Bastin, Ted Drake and Smudger for a plan B hoof to boot.

If we had Paddy Jennings, Spunky and Mad Jens, everyone would stop the Rambo-Raya debate.

See? This game is easy, Sir C. Stroller Graham in the "left-8" role, anyone? Peak Rocky instead of Reiss?

Sir C
12-04-2023, 03:53 PM
Depends how many beers / gins consumed respectively. Might just be a full-frontal attack followed by a nap.

glwtpimo :-)

Peter
12-05-2023, 03:23 PM
If we're gonna play that game, if we'd had big Tone and PV4 last year instead of Rob H and Mo El-Neny, we'd have won the league.

Bench would look stronger with Chippy, Bobby P, Boy Bastin, Ted Drake and Smudger for a plan B hoof to boot.

If we had Paddy Jennings, Spunky and Mad Jens, everyone would stop the Rambo-Raya debate.

See? This game is easy, Sir C. Stroller Graham in the "left-8" role, anyone? Peak Rocky instead of Reiss?

I was always a bit of a John Lukic fan :-)

PSRB
12-05-2023, 03:29 PM

It's on, boys.

Our record against Luton against at Kenilworth Road, is a bit ****e.

Luis Anaconda
12-05-2023, 04:05 PM
I was always a bit of a John Lukic fan :-)

I always knew you were a good man, p. Always the keeper I am most fond of. And highly underrated imo (though obviously Jennings and Seaman were better, probably Jens as well)

Peter
12-05-2023, 04:41 PM
I always knew you were a good man, p. Always the keeper I am most fond of. And highly underrated imo (though obviously Jennings and Seaman were better, probably Jens as well)

I was one of many people loudly criticising the club for signing David Seaman to replace him. Ok, I was horribly wrong, but the point remains Lukic was a great keeper. :-)

I was never 100% on Jennings. I think I could smell the Spurs on him

Luis Anaconda
12-05-2023, 04:46 PM
I was one of many people loudly criticising the club for signing David Seaman to replace him. Ok, I was horribly wrong, but the point remains Lukic was a great keeper. :-)

We were wrong but for all the right reasons

Peter
12-05-2023, 05:18 PM
We were wrong but for all the right reasons

Maybe we are similarly wrong about Ramsdale. Either way, it is settled now and Raya is our keeper.

I really hope we don't sell Ramsdale to Chelsea or Newcastle. Or United. I don't want to hate him.

Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult
12-05-2023, 11:46 PM

I had the video of the '90-'91 season. At the start GG {him, not me} said that he knew the fans loved Lukic, and he was one of the top 6 'keepers in the country. But that Spunky was the best.

Didn't we get £1m for him after buying Spunky for £1.3m?

Peter
12-06-2023, 10:31 AM
I had the video of the '90-'91 season. At the start GG {him, not me} said that he knew the fans loved Lukic, and he was one of the top 6 'keepers in the country. But that Spunky was the best.

Didn't we get £1m for him after buying Spunky for £1.3m?

Yeah, Graham was right. But in my defence I was stupid and didn't know that :-)

IUFG
12-06-2023, 11:26 AM
but the point remains Lukic was a great keeper. :-)

a despite his greatness, he was a mere spectator for...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjeIvZ9Q63w

:cloud9:

Peter
12-06-2023, 11:38 AM
a despite his greatness, he was a mere spectator for...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjeIvZ9Q63w

:cloud9:

God himself could not have saved that :-)

Luis Anaconda
12-06-2023, 12:10 PM
God himself could not have saved that :-)

tbf he was standing a few yards behind him

Peter
12-06-2023, 12:46 PM
tbf he was standing a few yards behind him

Wonderful :-)