PDA

View Full Version : Monday Night Football

PSRB
11-28-2023, 10:53 AM
the analysis on Arsenal and Liverpool was most bizarre.
Liverpool scored one more than us - Great attackers, on form, Arsenal need a 20+ goalscorer
Arsenal conceded one less - Arsenal more defensive than last season.

13 games in, not even played every one once yet.

Possibly fair to say that our front players haven't quite hit their straps yet but didn't include Trossard in the figures.

Luis Anaconda
11-28-2023, 11:07 AM
the analysis on Arsenal and Liverpool was most bizarre.
Liverpool scored one more than us - Great attackers, on form, Arsenal need a 20+ goalscorer
Arsenal conceded one less - Arsenal more defensive than last season.

13 games in, not even played every one once yet.

Possibly fair to say that our front players haven't quite hit their straps yet but didn't include Trossard in the figures.

Weird. Our attacking Gabriels have been out injured for a few of those games as well and Saka's figures are decent, even if he isn't quite at his best. I'd say we are more solid than more defensive. I do think Tomiyasu instead of Zinchenko takes away a little bit in attack but we've played Havertz and Rice where Partey and Xhaka were last season - hardly more defensive.

And Trossard is a ****ing steal

Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult
11-28-2023, 03:14 PM
Weird. Our attacking Gabriels have been out injured for a few of those games as well and Saka's figures are decent, even if he isn't quite at his best. I'd say we are more solid than more defensive. I do think Tomiyasu instead of Zinchenko takes away a little bit in attack but we've played Havertz and Rice where Partey and Xhaka were last season - hardly more defensive.

And Trossard is a ****ing steal

I have no idea how we got him so cheap. Even if he goes for free aged 32-33 after 4.5 years, he's an utter bargain. Right at his peak.

The biggest problem is losing GX. The ability to play Dec there while Jorgy or Partey as DM is a major advantage compared to last season for tough games.

ESR's injury is gutting, Fab's looked good there, and would be great against these park the bus teams. But Gabby M isn't able to have the link-ups that the Saka-Ødin-Benjamin give us.

Timber's injury is a bügger - I think MA has hoping he'd give us the best of Zinny and Tommy at LB.

Kai's actually been doing all right in the MF side of things - winning duels etc. But we really want the no.10 creativity he showed in Germany and the ability to score.

That goal at the weekend shows why we signed him - if Saka can cut inside, he's got a big target at the far post. Hopefully he'll kick on now he's scored a last minute winner. Another goal and an assist or two in a win next game would be heaven, so here's praying to Ganpati.

WES
11-28-2023, 03:52 PM
I have no idea how we got him so cheap. Even if he goes for free aged 32-33 after 4.5 years, he's an utter bargain. Right at his peak.

The biggest problem is losing GX. The ability to play Dec there while Jorgy or Partey as DM is a major advantage compared to last season for tough games.

ESR's injury is gutting, Fab's looked good there, and would be great against these park the bus teams. But Gabby M isn't able to have the link-ups that the Saka-Ødin-Benjamin give us.

Timber's injury is a bügger - I think MA has hoping he'd give us the best of Zinny and Tommy at LB.

Kai's actually been doing all right in the MF side of things - winning duels etc. But we really want the no.10 creativity he showed in Germany and the ability to score.

That goal at the weekend shows why we signed him - if Saka can cut inside, he's got a big target at the far post. Hopefully he'll kick on now he's scored a last minute winner. Another goal and an assist or two in a win next game would be heaven, so here's praying to Ganpati.

Do we know what the latest on Timber is? Seem to recall at the time it was an ACL but not a bad ACL and he might return early in the new year?

Or maybe I was dreaming it all :-)

pjlincs
11-28-2023, 04:22 PM
Do we know what the latest on Timber is? Seem to recall at the time it was an ACL but not a bad ACL and he might return early in the new year?

Or maybe I was dreaming it all :-)

"Reports in the Netherlands have claimed that Timber could yet miss Euro 2024 next summer, but no timeline on his return has been given." from:
https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/arsenal-fc-injury-update-partey-smith-rowe-partey-latest-news-return-dates-b1123176.html
(-partey- #2 = -timber- !)

WES
11-28-2023, 04:30 PM
"Reports in the Netherlands have claimed that Timber could yet miss Euro 2024 next summer, but no timeline on his return has been given." from:
https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/arsenal-fc-injury-update-partey-smith-rowe-partey-latest-news-return-dates-b1123176.html
(-partey- #2 = -timber- !)

Yup - dreaming again :-(

Luis Anaconda
11-28-2023, 05:41 PM
Yup - dreaming again :-(

tbf reports in The Netherlands v what Arteta actually said ...