PDA

View Full Version : Everton gone

7sisters
11-17-2023, 12:31 PM
10 point deduction :-\

PSRB
11-17-2023, 12:37 PM
10 point deduction :-\

Lets see what happens with City and Chelsea.......

"The club will also monitor with great interest the decisions made in any other cases concerning the Premier League's profit and sustainability rules" :hehe:

Peter
11-17-2023, 01:23 PM

"The club will also monitor with great interest the decisions made in any other cases concerning the Premier League's profit and sustainability rules" :hehe:

Seems Everton's losses over the three year period were 124 million. 19 million above the limit.

Bit worried about us :-(

redgunamo
11-17-2023, 02:40 PM
We're loaded, I thought?

Seems Everton's losses over the three year period were 124 million. 19 million above the limit.

Bit worried about us :-(

7sisters
11-17-2023, 02:44 PM

You have to wonder if a points deduction may be on the table given Arteta and the Club’s criticism of VAR ?

Peter
11-17-2023, 02:49 PM
We're loaded, I thought?

I am confident we have been sensible enough to stay within the limits but we have spent a fair bit. Not really sure where it has all come from.

Peter
11-17-2023, 02:50 PM
You have to wonder if a points deduction may be on the table given Arteta and the Club’s criticism of VAR ?

Last time we had points deducted we won the league :-)

Sir C
11-17-2023, 02:52 PM

Here’s what will happen to City: nothing will happen to City.

Peter
11-17-2023, 03:01 PM
Here’s what will happen to City: nothing will happen to City.

Oh, I think it will.

I think they will be given a soft penalty. Wouldn't be the first time :-)

PSRB
11-17-2023, 03:19 PM
Oh, I think it will.

I think it'll be a couple of points and a hefty fine at worst, I suspect SC will be correct though

redgunamo
11-17-2023, 03:52 PM
They do appear to be taking special exception to the Soviets just now, don't they. Lucky Manchester City :-\

Oh, I think it will.

redgunamo
11-18-2023, 10:30 AM
The burden of proof seems to be on the clubs rather than the authorities. As I understand it, they are obliged to fully report their finances to the Premier League, and any failure to do so, or any omissions, are considered de facto punishable violations.

Perhaps the SFO is involved and they brought all their friends (AML/CTF, the Financial Conduct Authority, HMRC, the Gambling Commission, even the FBI) along for the ride too, hence the Chelsea and Manchester City situations remaining unresolved whilst the Everton case was open-and-shut; EFC apparently did not contest the ruling or the punishment. Whereas the other other cases involve serious financial criminality and go way beyond questions about who wins soccerball trophies. People will go to prison.

It probably makes little difference to Everton; they're having a tough time of it anyway and this is just more of the same. However they still have time to avoid relegation this season at least. On the other hand, if the allegations against Chelsea and City stand, they are both screwed six-ways from Sunday.

Football and our brown envelope culture has long been considered to be the white, soft underbelly of financial shenanigans, ripe for corruption by high-powered professional money-managers (blame dear old George Graham for that). These people actually KNOW how to steal.