PDA

View Full Version : The papers seem to have decided we need to spend

redgunamo
11-16-2023, 11:55 AM
all our Mbappe-monies on more midfield-players.
We'll be going up the steps with the chavs at this rate. Where is the money coming from :-\

PSRB
11-16-2023, 11:57 AM
We'll be going up the steps with the chavs at this rate. Where is the money coming from :-\

The daily launch of new fashion items?

redgunamo
11-16-2023, 12:05 PM
Good Lord, yes! Fair point :-|

The daily launch of new fashion items?

Peter
11-16-2023, 12:08 PM

I don't know where the money is coming from but we are going to need more midfielders in the summer.

redgunamo
11-16-2023, 12:31 PM
lol. **** off! #morestrikers

I don't know where the money is coming from but we are going to need more midfielders in the summer.

Peter
11-16-2023, 12:33 PM
lol. **** off! #morestrikers

We don't need strikers. Nobody wants strikers these days, you can't afford to have them in your side. Lazy, clumsy, ego maniacs, paid by the goal and effectively leave you down to 10 men for most of the game.

You have to be as good as City to be able to field a striker.

redgunamo
11-16-2023, 12:57 PM
If we were **** we wouldn't need them, true. But we're up there with Manchester City, or anyway, we WANT to be. So we need one or two very good ones, ones good enough to earn their keep.

Actually, all things considered, we're probably as well-stacked there as we could hope to be without spending Mbappe-money. Indeed, when we signed Jesus, my young son was very happy. "Good move!", says he. "At least he won't score TOO MANY goals."

We don't need strikers. Nobody wants strikers these days, you can't afford to have them in your side. Lazy, clumsy, ego maniacs, paid by the goal and effectively leave you down to 10 men for most of the game.

You have to be as good as City to be able to field a striker.

WES
11-16-2023, 01:05 PM
If we were **** we wouldn't need them, true. But we're up there with Manchester City, or anyway, we WANT to be. So we need one or two very good ones, ones good enough to earn their keep.

Actually, all things considered, we're probably as well-stacked there as we could hope to be without spending Mbappe-money. Indeed, when we signed Jesus, my young son was very happy. "Good move!", says he. "At least he won't score TOO MANY goals."

Remarkably restrained from you there, red. There was a day when that sort of post would have you threatening to rain hellfire and all sorts down on Peter for the very suggestion we might not need a striker.

Perhaps it's that he never mentioned 'false No. 9s'. :-)

Pat Vegas
11-16-2023, 01:35 PM

It's all part of Arteta's new style. which I like to call 'midfield the shid out of everyone'

Peter
11-16-2023, 01:56 PM

Well, yes, there is that. Obviously an Henry is two players in one and well worth a place in the side. But who has one of them knocking about?

But midfielders, we can find those. I want more. Play Havertz up front :-)

Peter
11-16-2023, 01:57 PM
Remarkably restrained from you there, red. There was a day when that sort of post would have you threatening to rain hellfire and all sorts down on Peter for the very suggestion we might not need a striker.

I have literally no idea what a false 9 is. I suspect it means nothing.

redgunamo
11-16-2023, 01:58 PM
:nod: Then he would've been for it.

Pat Vegas
I have literally no idea what a false 9 is. I suspect it means nothing.

I thought it was a german chap

PSRB
Well, yes, there is that. Obviously an Henry is two players in one and well worth a place in the side. But who has one of them knocking about?

I'd like to see Martinelli up top, which apparently he's going to do for Brazil.

redgunamo
11-16-2023, 02:01 PM
Henry is two WORLD-CLASS players in one whereas young Havertz .. :-\

So far anyway.

Peter
11-16-2023, 02:02 PM
I'd like to see Martinelli up top, which apparently he's going to do for Brazil.

I'd like to see Thomas Partey back in our midfield. Then I don't care who plays up front :-)

Peter
11-16-2023, 02:03 PM
Henry is two WORLD-CLASS players in one whereas young Havertz .. :-\

So far anyway.

Havertz is awful. That is why I want to stick him up front where he will do less damage :-)

redgunamo
11-16-2023, 02:03 PM
It's essentially a striker that doesn't score enough goals, German or otherwise. Notable exceptions, of course.

I thought it was a german chap

redgunamo
11-16-2023, 02:04 PM
Very bad for morale.

Havertz is awful. That is why I want to stick him up front where he will do less damage :-)

Peter
11-16-2023, 02:06 PM
Very bad for morale.

Only when the others aren't fit, of course.