PDA

View Full Version : Chelsea in full on panic mode regarding these allegations....

PSRB
11-15-2023, 02:09 PM
it was before our time, nothing to do with us guv'

https://www.football365.com/news/chelsea-points-deduction-premier-league-abramovich-allegations

I do hope City and Chelsea suffer big time!

Some day Spanish football might actually sort it's house as well.

7sisters
11-15-2023, 07:23 PM

https://www.football365.com/news/chelsea-points-deduction-premier-league-abramovich-allegations

I do hope City and Chelsea suffer big time!

Some day Spanish football might actually sort it's house as well.

Yeah.. but then they all go crying to the Court of Arbitration for Sport, who, either overturn, or reduce by half whatever the punishment.
We all know how this plays out.

redgunamo
11-16-2023, 05:46 AM
:-\ That's right, Chelsea FC will've made a deal; a slap on the wrist in exchange for handing over ALL the receipts. "We'll let YOU off but you have to finger your predecessors for us."

That's how you drain a swamp, to borrow a phrase; you cut into its money-moving networks. What the investigators want is the REALLY big fish in government, finance, FAANG and so on; the people that lead and facilitate the corruption. Sadly, not football clubs.

Peter
11-16-2023, 12:14 PM
:-\ That's right, Chelsea FC will've made a deal; a slap on the wrist in exchange for handing over ALL the receipts. "We'll let YOU off but you have to finger your predecessors for us."

That's how you drain a swamp, to borrow a phrase; you cut into its money-moving networks. What the investigators want is the REALLY big fish in government, finance, FAANG and so on; the people that lead and facilitate the corruption. Sadly, not football clubs.

Yes, this is the same approach authorities have taken with the war on drugs. It hasn't been a great success.

I would have gone the other way, start from the bottom up and jail the guys on the street.

PSRB
11-16-2023, 12:21 PM
Yes, this is the same approach authorities have taken with the war on drugs. It hasn't been a great success.

I would have gone the other way, start from the bottom up and jail the guys on the street.

:nod: Make the big lads have to take more risks

Peter
11-16-2023, 12:36 PM

Mandatory 3 years if you are caught selling weed- no deal for grassing.

Nobody is going to want to sell it on the street, it just isn't worth it. And now you can't get your product to the customer. Game over...

redgunamo
11-16-2023, 12:42 PM
No, from a law-enforcement perspective, it's been an enormous success. The jails are overflowing with minor perps and drug squad budgets have sky-rocketted accordingly. As you well know, success is measured in activity, not in tangible results or benefit to the public. Probably just as well .. :-)

redgunamo
11-16-2023, 12:45 PM
We only intercept about 2 or 3 percent of the product coming in :-\

Peter
11-16-2023, 12:47 PM
No, from a law-enforcement perspective, it's been an enormous success. The jails are overflowing with minor perps and drug squad budgets have sky-rocketted accordingly. As you well know, success is measured in activity, not in tangible results or benefit to the public. Probably just as well .. :-)

There have been huge benefits to the public. Mainly the members of the public who buy drugs :-)