PDA

View Full Version : I’ve just heard Serena Weigman claim that, it’s a matter of time before a PL club

7sisters
11-09-2023, 07:01 PM
installs a lady manager.

Looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

Good luck with that..

Peter
11-10-2023, 10:25 AM
installs a lady manager.

Good luck with that..

Funny that they are trying to move away from male involvement in the female game, but the other way round is apparently fine.....

And yeah, that is not going to happen :-)

Sir C
11-10-2023, 10:28 AM
Funny that they are trying to move away from male involvement in the female game, but the other way round is apparently fine.....

Sport in general is definitely moving towards more male involvement in female games. By 'male' I mean 'birds with dicks', of course.

redgunamo
11-10-2023, 10:53 AM
Dunno. You could certainly imagine someone trying it on. Even if it only lasted six months, think of the great publicity for the club in question. And after all, what difference would it make, like the kerfuffle over black managers.

Frau Weigman herself might even fancy it.

installs a lady manager.

Good luck with that..

PSRB
11-10-2023, 11:11 AM

Oh it will, some mad club like Wolves will give it crack. It'll fail miserably but they can say we tried.

Peter
11-10-2023, 11:48 AM
Oh it will, some mad club like Wolves will give it crack. It'll fail miserably but they can say we tried.

I suppose it wouldn't be any worse than appointing someone like Conte :-)

Peter
11-10-2023, 11:49 AM
Sport in general is definitely moving towards more male involvement in female games. By 'male' I mean 'birds with dicks', of course.

Those are geezers

7sisters
11-10-2023, 03:37 PM
Dunno. You could certainly imagine someone trying it on. Even if it only lasted six months, think of the great publicity for the club in question. And after all, what difference would it make, like the kerfuffle over black managers.

Frau Weigman herself might even fancy it.

Well, that’s a case in point. Black players make up a large percentage of PL players and yet the managerial path has, so far, been a bit of a disaster.
The concept of a WSL manager landing a role at the top table, against the backdrop of directing a group of players, displaying a yawning chasm in ability compared with their male counterparts is risible.
It would represent a huge halibut around the face of aspiring black and, or championship club managers.
It’s like offering the local manager of a community building society, a seat on the board of HSBC.

redgunamo
11-10-2023, 05:17 PM
It's nonsense, I agree. Still, someone will have a go; if it doesn't work, you fire them and move on.

How long do Premier League managers last anyway? On average, a couple of seasons (it must be even worse down the divisions). And that means you can try lots of different people. Managing doesn't need to be a meritocracy; failure is part of the game.

Well, that’s a case in point. Black players make up a large percentage of PL players and yet the managerial path has, so far, been a bit of a disaster.
The concept of a WSL manager landing a role at the top table, against the backdrop of directing a group of players, displaying a yawning chasm in ability compared with their male counterparts is risible.
It would represent a huge halibut around the face of aspiring black and, or championship club managers.
It’s like offering the local manager of a community building society, a seat on the board of HSBC.

7sisters
11-10-2023, 06:03 PM
It's nonsense, I agree. Still, someone will have a go; if it doesn't work, you fire them and move on.

How long do Premier League managers last anyway? On average, a couple of seasons (it must be even worse down the divisions). And that means you can try lots of different people. Managing doesn't need to be a meritocracy; failure is part of the game.

True but this is quite a specific job spec, You’ll struggle to garner an ounce of respect from the players if the manager’s experience extends to, toe punts and fluffed passes seen at an under 15’s schoolboy level.
Wenger didn’t have a great playing CV but he did pull on a shirt of sorts and was also a great innovator.
It’s the pundits I mostly feel sorry for, mind. All those years of experience and grizzled insight and then having to share a platform with some token ex WSL hoofer at the behest of a wet behind the ears, bien pensant, producer. 😁

redgunamo
11-13-2023, 05:41 AM
True. Also would've been unthinkable not too long ago :-\

True but this is quite a specific job spec, You’ll struggle to garner an ounce of respect from the players if the manager’s experience extends to, toe punts and fluffed passes seen at an under 15’s schoolboy level.
Wenger didn’t have a great playing CV but he did pull on a shirt of sorts and was also a great innovator.
It’s the pundits I mostly feel sorry for, mind. All those years of experience and grizzled insight and then having to share a platform with some token ex WSL hoofer at the behest of a wet behind the ears, bien pensant, producer. 😁

Peter
11-13-2023, 12:05 PM
True. Also would've been unthinkable not too long ago :-\

It is unthinkable now. We should always have the right to appoint the best man for the job, regardless of sex :-)

redgunamo
11-14-2023, 04:45 AM
Well, I think you're all being terribly harsh and reactionary. Don't you realise there's a war on; everyone needs to make uncomfortable sacrifices. Maybe we could put the dollies in charge of VAR at least?

It is unthinkable now. We should always have the right to appoint the best man for the job, regardless of sex :-)

PSRB
11-14-2023, 09:10 AM
Well, I think you're all being terribly harsh and reactionary. Don't you realise there's a war on; everyone needs to make uncomfortable sacrifices. Maybe we could put the dollies in charge of VAR at least?

Well, on the evidence of the female lino at the weekend giving our lady offside when she was clearly in her own half when the ball was played......I wouldn't hold out much hope for VAR.

Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult
11-14-2023, 04:42 PM

Bints would make a better job of VAR. Fact. Cos yer average totty isn't an egotistical **** that wants to make everything about them. I'm serious. I'd much rather the women were doing VAR. And actually referring, if truth be told.