PDA

View Full Version : Poor old Sandro.

redgunamo
10-25-2023, 12:38 PM
:shrug: Who knew betting, boozing and birding was a mental illness.

We must all pray for this brave young survivor.

Peter
10-25-2023, 01:04 PM
:shrug: Who knew betting, boozing and birding was a mental illness.

We must all pray for this brave young survivor.

Nothing wrong with drinking and chasing women. Sign of healthy appetites :-)

The punting is a bit of a concern. Never ends well.

PSRB
10-25-2023, 01:22 PM
Nothing wrong with drinking and chasing women. Sign of healthy appetites :-)

The punting is a bit of a concern. Never ends well.

Was called the weekend in my day.

Must admit, I've never got the whole gambling thing, couple of pounds in a fruit machine but that was about it.

WES
10-25-2023, 01:36 PM
Was called the weekend in my day.

Must admit, I've never got the whole gambling thing, couple of pounds in a fruit machine but that was about it.

Genetic thing, I think. I have friends who no matter how small the win, get a thrill from it. And no matter how big the loss, they shrug it off.

I'm exactly the opposite :-\

PSRB
10-25-2023, 01:41 PM
Genetic thing, I think. I have friends who no matter how small the win, get a thrill from it. And no matter how big the loss, they shrug it off.

Even in Vegas on Honeymoon, I think the wife and I spent $100 in total across 3 days on gambling and then on the way out she put $10 in a slot machine and won $300 wd the wife.

Peter
10-25-2023, 02:06 PM

Same here. I hate losing money.

Love spending it :-)

Peter
10-25-2023, 02:08 PM
Even in Vegas on Honeymoon, I think the wife and I spent $100 in total across 3 days on gambling and then on the way out she put $10 in a slot machine and won $300 wd the wife.

Vegas requires a bit of discipline. I only sat down at a table with an amount in my pocket that I was willing to lose.

Got drunk at the table on the last night and blew $200 but sod it.... couldn't be arsed with taking it home and changing it back :-)

PSRB
10-25-2023, 02:13 PM
Vegas requires a bit of discipline. I only sat down at a table with an amount in my pocket that I was willing to lose.

Got drunk at the table on the last night and blew $200 but sod it.... couldn't be arsed with taking it home and changing it back :-)

We did Vegas at the start so was a) jet lagged to hell and b) conscious not to blow the 2 week spends in 3 days. I had set a budget of $100 a night gambling money but the 1st 2 days were virtually a write off.

Peter
10-25-2023, 02:31 PM
We did Vegas at the start so was a) jet lagged to hell and b) conscious not to blow the 2 week spends in 3 days. I had set a budget of $100 a night gambling money but the 1st 2 days were virtually a write off.

When was this?

I only realised recently that the last time I went to Vegas was almost 20 years ago! Apparently it is far less fun that it used to be. Tables are tighter, buffets cost about 5 times what they used to and the seediness has gone a little bit with heavier security everywhere.

PSRB
10-25-2023, 02:38 PM
When was this?

I only realised recently that the last time I went to Vegas was almost 20 years ago! Apparently it is far less fun that it used to be. Tables are tighter, buffets cost about 5 times what they used to and the seediness has gone a little bit with heavier security everywhere.

This was just over 12 years ago. I must admit I wasn't particularly enamoured with the place, certainly never been in a rush to go back. Bellagio was nice and the $40 buffet was something else.

Peter
10-25-2023, 02:43 PM
This was just over 12 years ago. I must admit I wasn't particularly enamoured with the place, certainly never been in a rush to go back. Bellagio was nice and the $40 buffet was something else.

Ah, well, the Bellagio is going to be decent :-)

I went twice but wasn't fussed about going a third time.