PDA

View Full Version : Recent history dictates that I知 still uncomfortable about going to SB this weekend.

7sisters
10-20-2023, 10:37 AM
I know stats and the gods may favour us over the fulham road money burners but I知 still not fully exorcised from the overwhelming sense of impending misery derived from the Drogba years.
I知 reluctantly predicting a draw against the resurgent blues.

Peter
10-20-2023, 10:49 AM
I know stats and the gods may favour us over the fulham road money burners but I’m still not fully exorcised from the overwhelming sense of impending misery derived from the Drogba years.
I’m reluctantly predicting a draw against the resurgent blues.

Tricky game after an international break. Draw wouldn't be the end of the world.

7sisters
10-20-2023, 10:57 AM
Tricky game after an international break. Draw wouldn't be the end of the world.

That痴 true, although I壇 be more upbeat if Saka plays and Nketiah is benched for Jesus in the middle.

redgunamo
10-20-2023, 11:27 AM
Chelsea(a) has always been my favourite fixture regardless; it was my first ever game in London, way back when. And those red stockings! My boy says he's going, even though he supposedly started uni this week :rubchin:

I know stats and the gods may favour us over the fulham road money burners but I知 still not fully exorcised from the overwhelming sense of impending misery derived from the Drogba years.
I知 reluctantly predicting a draw against the resurgent blues.

redgunamo
10-20-2023, 11:28 AM
I really hope Eddie and Jesus do not become an issue for us.

That’s true, although I’d be more upbeat if Saka plays and Nketiah is benched for Jesus in the middle.

Peter
10-20-2023, 11:56 AM
Chelsea(a) has always been my favourite fixture regardless; it was my first ever game in London, way back when. And those red stockings! My boy says he's going, even though he supposedly started uni this week :rubchin:

My dad would never let me go to Stamford Bridge when I was younger. Weird. He seemed ok with Upton Park, even Anfield. But Chelsea was an absolute no. I've never been there

Peter
10-20-2023, 11:56 AM
I really hope Eddie and Jesus do not become an issue for us.

Why does everyone seem to hate Eddie so much?

Luis Anaconda
10-20-2023, 12:04 PM
That’s true, although I’d be more upbeat if Saka plays and Nketiah is benched for Jesus in the middle.

If fit has to be the first-choice trio - Martinelli, Jesus, Saka. Would be tempted to go with the Rice/Partey axis in midfield against their trio (with Odegaard of course). Havertz to come on and score the winner :)

pjlincs
10-20-2023, 12:28 PM

Don't hate him, just think Trossard should be ahead of him in the pecking order. I'd even make a case for starting Trossard keeping Jesus as a super-sub if we're chasing the game.
Even Havertz did a passable job when he came on into the central role the other week versus City. Saturday is tailor-made for Kai to come on and be the hero (acknowledges LA already predicted this).

PSRB
10-20-2023, 12:39 PM
If fit has to be the first-choice trio - Martinelli, Jesus, Saka. Would be tempted to go with the Rice/Partey axis in midfield against their trio (with Odegaard of course). Havertz to come on and score the winner :)

Yep, anything else is wrong :thumbup:

redgunamo
10-20-2023, 12:49 PM
Strikers that don't score enough goals are always walking a tightrope, especially at a big, ambitious, wealthy club. Oddly enough, being young, English and homegrown only adds to the awkwardness.

I don't think anybody actually hates him; they merely hate the fact that he plays for us. :-)

Peter
10-20-2023, 12:53 PM
Strikers that don't score enough goals are always walking a tightrope, especially at a big, ambitious, wealthy club. Oddly enough, being young, English and homegrown only adds to the awkwardness.

I don't think anybody actually hates him; they merely hate the fact that he plays for us. :-)

He does score enough goals (in as much as anyone scores 'enough'). If there is a weakness it is that his all round game isn't as good as Jesus but it is getting better.

I am not convinced by Trossard in that position.

redgunamo
10-20-2023, 12:56 PM
It's probably the nastiest place in town. But I was just a kid, I didn't know.

My dad would never let me go to Stamford Bridge when I was younger. Weird. He seemed ok with Upton Park, even Anfield. But Chelsea was an absolute no. I've never been there

redgunamo
10-20-2023, 01:02 PM
That's just it; if people talk about your all-round game, as a striker, it means they think you're not scoring enough goals.

It's probably the nastiest place in town. But I was just a kid, I didn't know.

PSRB
10-20-2023, 01:07 PM
That's just it; if people talk about your all-round game, as a striker, it means they think you're not scoring enough goals.

Giroud always got a lot of stick for this but you could see (well, I could) what else he offered. Scored some stunners as well. I just don't really see that from Eddie, unfortunately.

redgunamo
10-20-2023, 01:20 PM
Ho! I did a :williams: PBUH.

PSRB
10-20-2023, 01:26 PM
Ho! I did a :williams: PBUH.

:hehe: Well remembered

redgunamo
10-20-2023, 01:35 PM
It's tricky. Giroud was great and Eddie has everything he needs. Yet both could do with more goals.

Giroud always got a lot of stick for this but you could see (well, I could) what else he offered. Scored some stunners as well. I just don't really see that from Eddie, unfortunately.

Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult
10-20-2023, 03:10 PM
Don't hate him, just think Trossard should be ahead of him in the pecking order. I'd even make a case for starting Trossard keeping Jesus as a super-sub if we're chasing the game.
Even Havertz did a passable job when he came on into the central role the other week versus City. Saturday is tailor-made for Kai to come on and be the hero (acknowledges LA already predicted this).

Vs City, Eddie's shot {after a great first touch} was a lot closer than the couple of times リdin blasted it over the bar. And since he got into the team over Laca after Auba left, Eddie's done wonders adding to his game. He drops deep and links up play very well now. Last year when Jesus was out, Eddie did well but his one issue was not linking up on the left enough which is why Gabby M's form dipped. {Without an overlapping LB and with GX not getting forward as much as リdin, it created a bit of a vacuum there.} But as we saw this year vs ManU, he's learned to drop into the inside left pocket at times and play great first time passes to the likes of Gabby.

Keep the faith - he's a Hale Ender.

7sisters
10-20-2023, 05:01 PM
Vs City, Eddie's shot {after a great first touch} was a lot closer than the couple of times リdin blasted it over the bar. And since he got into the team over Laca after Auba left, Eddie's done wonders adding to his game. He drops deep and links up play very well now. Last year when Jesus was out, Eddie did well but his one issue was not linking up on the left enough which is why Gabby M's form dipped. {Without an overlapping LB and with GX not getting forward as much as リdin, it created a bit of a vacuum there.} But as we saw this year vs ManU, he's learned to drop into the inside left pocket at times and play great first time passes to the likes of Gabby.

Keep the faith - he's a Hale Ender.

We took him from Chelsea痴 academy where they壇 assigned him to the bin. Not that they have a great pedigree in developing talent, and how they must regret allowing KDB & More Salad to walk away.
In any case, he痴 technically not a Hale Ender..

redgunamo
10-30-2023, 10:19 AM
Those goals were for YOU, I reckon. Especially the third one.

Even Giroud got a couple more at the weekend too :-\

giroud always got a lot of stick for this but you could see (well, I could) what else he offered. Scored some stunners as well. I just don't really see that from Eddie, unfortunately.

PSRB
10-30-2023, 10:32 AM
Those goals were for YOU, I reckon. Especially the third one.

Even Giroud got a couple more at the weekend too :-\

Didn't think he had that in his locker, fair play. Hope he does the same against the :barcode:

redgunamo
10-30-2023, 10:56 AM
That's the thing with him; he's got EVERY kind of goal in his locker. Just needs more of them.

Didn't think he had that in his locker, fair play. Hope he does the same against the :barcode: