PDA

View Full Version : Not to get political

Pat Vegas
10-17-2023, 03:56 PM
But are Isreal not somewhat telegraphing what they are going to do?

Maybe that's the plan.

PSRB
10-18-2023, 09:10 AM
But are Isreal not somewhat telegraphing what they are going to do?

Maybe that's the plan.

Well my simplistic take is, try and get the civilians/hostages out the way and then flatten it. Anyone moans and the response will be, you were told to get out. :shrug:

BBC getting an absolute kicking today.

Also, amazed it's taken 11 days for AWIMB to even bring up the whole Israel - Hamas war.

Peter
10-18-2023, 10:22 AM
Well my simplistic take is, try and get the civilians/hostages out the way and then flatten it. Anyone moans and the response will be, you were told to get out. :shrug:

Also, amazed it's taken 11 days for AWIMB to even bring up the whole Israel - Hamas war.

The BBC's approach to impartiality is out of step with today's 'pick a side or get killed by both sides' approach to discourse.

But if they take sides they get it even worse....

Arsenal Alcoholic Review
10-18-2023, 10:23 AM
Good job we’re still not sponsored by the Israeli tourism board.

PSRB
10-18-2023, 10:24 AM
Good job we’re still not sponsored by the Israeli tourism board.

God bless, Rwanda

PSRB
10-18-2023, 10:28 AM
The BBC's approach to impartiality is out of step with today's 'pick a side or get killed by both sides' approach to discourse.

But if they take sides they get it even worse....

Still not entirely sure banging on about misinformation and even employing that dreadful Marianna Spring as their misinformation fact checker and then going balls deep on that being an Israeli air strike was particularly brilliant (or clever) journalism.

NB: I appreciate they weren't the only MSM to **** up

redgunamo
10-18-2023, 10:34 AM
Have to be extremely careful with this one; elite international tax/customs-investigators are all over it. And unusually governments are insisting on detailed receipts. Cheeky b@stards. Same with the Ukraine.

The world has gone completely mad at last and it's just no fun anymore :(

Peter
10-18-2023, 10:46 AM
Still not entirely sure banging on about misinformation and even employing that dreadful Marianna Spring as their misinformation fact checker and then going balls deep on that being an Israeli air strike was particularly brilliant (or clever) journalism.

NB: I appreciate they weren't the only MSM to **** up

You may well be right. Jeremy Corbyn seems to have made a similar mistake here. We now wait to see if he equally condemns the strike if it turns out it was actually from his mates and not Israel. Or will he revert back to condemning all violence, his own particular brand of 'all lives matter'....

Peter
10-18-2023, 10:58 AM
Have to be extremely careful with this one; elite international tax/customs-investigators are all over it. And unusually governments are insisting on detailed receipts. Cheeky b@stards. Same with the Ukraine.

The world has gone completely mad at last and it's just no fun anymore :(

People don't seem to like war as much as they used to now you get to watch it on telly.

Good job there was no VAR when we sank the Belgrano....

Sir C
10-18-2023, 10:58 AM
You may well be right. Jeremy Corbyn seems to have made a similar mistake here. We now wait to see if he equally condemns the strike if it turns out it was actually from his mates and not Israel. Or will he revert back to condemning all violence, his own particular brand of 'all lives matter'....

‘Mistake’ :hehe: That filthy old anti-Semite would be blaming the Jews for killing Jesus if he wasn’t such a godless heathen ****.

There are some foul people in politics, but Corbyn and Williamson take the ****ing biscuit.

PSRB
10-18-2023, 10:59 AM
‘Mistake’ :hehe: That filthy old anti-Semite would be blaming the Jews for killing Jesus if he wasn’t such a godless heathen ****.

There are some foul people in politics, but Corbyn and Williamson take the ****ing biscuit.

:thumbup: Feeling better?

Peter
10-18-2023, 11:04 AM

He's right, though :-(

Peter
10-18-2023, 11:06 AM

I don't which is the bigger relief at the moment- Corbyn not being leader of the Labour Party or Trump not being President. I am hugely grateful for both.

Sir C
10-18-2023, 11:09 AM

Slight improvement, thank you. Feels like it’s going to take a while though.

I didn’t know your other half had been so ill!

PSRB
10-18-2023, 11:14 AM
Slight improvement, thank you. Feels like it’s going to take a while though.

I didn’t know your other half had been so ill!

Yes, pneumonia/pleurisy and a cyst on her lung. Daft bint tried to power through it, then finally went to the doctor and they sent her straight to hospital, was in for 10 days as couldn't get her infection markers to come down. Doctors said if she'd left it a couple of days later, would almost certainly not be here. Almost 5 years ago now. Her lungs were ****ed for ages after.

Sir C
10-18-2023, 11:19 AM
Yes, pneumonia/pleurisy and a cyst on her lung. Daft bint tried to power through it, then finally went to the doctor and they sent her straight to hospital, was in for 10 days as couldn't get her infection markers to come down. Doctors said if she'd left it a couple of days later, would almost certainly not be here. Almost 5 years ago now. Her lungs were ****ed for ages after.

Thank god she got sorted. I must admit that in the small hours of Saturday morning I wondered whether I’d see Sunday..

PSRB
10-18-2023, 11:27 AM
Thank god she got sorted. I must admit that in the small hours of Saturday morning I wondered whether I’d see Sunday..

Indeed and it all happened on her birthday, not her favourite one :hehe: Anyway, glad you're on the mend. It will take a while.

WES
10-18-2023, 12:01 PM
I don't which is the bigger relief at the moment- Corbyn not being leader of the Labour Party or Trump not being President. I am hugely grateful for both.

I was pretty shocked that his pro-Palestinian rant at the Cenotaph didn't get more publicity, not even the Tele skewered him for it!

I'd also think that the Tories would love for him to emerge from the mist back into sight, spewing out his bile so that they could play the 'if Keir Starmer had his way in 2019 he would be serving under this man in govt' line.

At least Corbyn will never do anything again other than hurt Labour, Trump might actually get re-elected :-(

Peter
10-18-2023, 12:28 PM
I was pretty shocked that his pro-Palestinian rant at the Cenotaph didn't get more publicity, not even the Tele skewered him for it!

I'd also think that the Tories would love for him to emerge from the mist back into sight, spewing out his bile so that they could play the 'if Keir Starmer had his way in 2019 he would be serving under this man in govt' line.

At least Corbyn will never do anything again other than hurt Labour, Trump might actually get re-elected :-(

Part of me would love to see Trump elected from prison :-)

Corbyn is just pure poison on this issue. Utterly shameless.

WES
10-18-2023, 01:50 PM
Part of me would love to see Trump elected from prison :-)

Corbyn is just pure poison on this issue. Utterly shameless.

Part of me would love to see Trump horse whipped to death. The other part of me would like to see him imprisoned.

He falls into that category of people whom I would love to see get his comeuppance almost to the point of obsession.

See also Vladimir Putin and John Mcdonnell.

Peter
10-18-2023, 02:03 PM
Part of me would love to see Trump horse whipped to death. The other part of me would like to see him imprisoned.

He falls into that category of people whom I would love to see get his comeuppance almost to the point of obsession.

See also Vladimir Putin and John Mcdonnell.

My preference is that Trump is just forced into obscurity. I'd like to see him starved of attention and I'd like to not have to listen to him about anything.

Ditto Corbyn.

PSRB
10-18-2023, 02:14 PM
My preference is that Trump is just forced into obscurity. I'd like to see him starved of attention and I'd like to not have to listen to him about anything.

Ditto Corbyn.

I found his Presidency rather amusing. Corbyn and Trudeau can properly f off

Peter
10-18-2023, 03:19 PM
I found his Presidency rather amusing. Corbyn and Trudeau can properly f off

Some of it was very amusing. The end wasn't very funny. And he would be making this current situation genuinely terrifying for everyone.

PSRB
10-18-2023, 03:33 PM
Some of it was very amusing. The end wasn't very funny. And he would be making this current situation genuinely terrifying for everyone.

I'm not entirely sure this (or Ukraine for that matter) would have happened on his watch. Just my opinion.

The Russians certainly seemed very passive whilst he was President.

Peter
10-18-2023, 03:59 PM
I'm not entirely sure this (or Ukraine for that matter) would have happened on his watch. Just my opinion.

The Russians certainly seemed very passive whilst he was President.

Hamas don't care who the President is.

redgunamo
10-19-2023, 12:35 PM
THEY don't but their handlers, backers and, most importantly their financiers do. POTUS45 was the only one ordering mob-style hits on the bosses, the ringleaders; Qasem Soleimani and Jorge Toumani to name but two (men who had been considered untouchable).

They're struggling to find new, competent leadership as nobody wants to be next for the high jump.

Hamas don't care who the President is.

PSRB
10-19-2023, 12:46 PM
THEY don't but their handlers, backers and, most importantly their financiers do. POTUS45 was the only one ordering mob-style hits on the bosses, the ringleaders; Qasem Soleimani and Jorge Toumani to name but two (men who had been considered untouchable).

They're struggling to find new, competent leadership as nobody wants to be next for the high jump.

Now all swanning it in up Qatar in multi million pound residences.....which has barely been mentioned in all this.

Peter
10-19-2023, 01:08 PM
They're struggling to find new, competent leadership as nobody wants to be next for the high jump.[/QUOTE]

So are we :-)

redgunamo
10-19-2023, 01:53 PM
:-| True. Good point.

So are we :-)[/QUOTE]

Peter
10-19-2023, 01:56 PM
:-| True. Good point.

So are we :-)[/QUOTE]

Sunak says 'we want you to win'......

Is it just me or does he sound like a neutral fan watching a cup final?

PSRB
10-19-2023, 02:01 PM

Is it just me or does he sound like a neutral fan watching a cup final?[/QUOTE]

Biden yesterday - "it was the other team" [regarding the hospital rocket]

Peter
10-19-2023, 03:07 PM

Is it just me or does he sound like a neutral fan watching a cup final?

Biden yesterday - "it was the other team" [regarding the hospital rocket][/QUOTE]

Pair of clowns.

7sisters
10-19-2023, 07:13 PM
And all this is being summarised and presented by the Beeb’s very own, Lyse( tin hat ) Douchebag.
Dear God, where did she nurture that accent ?

redgunamo
10-19-2023, 09:50 PM
:-| Ah, yes. The legendary Armani-hideen, the deadly Prada-pathans and the death-dealing Bugatti-bedu. Brave fellows, those; stern, stolid, implacable men. When they're not out whoring and gorging, that is, which is practically NEVER.

Couldn't dream of going to war in the East without them. And our own lot are just as bad.

Now all swanning it in up Qatar in multi million pound residences.....which has barely been mentioned in all this.

Peter
10-20-2023, 09:52 AM
:-| Ah, yes. The legendary Armani-hideen, the deadly Prada-pathans and the death-dealing Bugatti-bedu. Brave fellows, those; stern, stolid, implacable men. When they're not out whoring and gorging, that is, which is practically NEVER.

Couldn't dream of going to war in the East without them. And our own lot are just as bad.

They give terrorism a bad name.

redgunamo
10-20-2023, 11:48 AM
Fortunately, as P suggests, hardly anybody knows who they are or even of their existence. Just the Press really; a bunch of professional drunks and scroungers who rely on them for all the necessary accommodations and victuals that make life in hell bearable, indeed pleasurable. And hereby, any questions about how come terrorists often earn such positive approval ratings are answered :-\

They give terrorism a bad name.

Peter
10-20-2023, 11:54 AM
Fortunately, as P suggests, hardly anybody knows who they are or even of their existence. Just the Press really; a bunch of professional drunks and scroungers who rely on them for all the necessary accommodations and victuals that make life in hell bearable, indeed pleasurable. And hereby, any questions about how come terrorists often earn such positive approval ratings are answered :-\

What was wrong with the old format? A few wild-eyed fanatics with a few bags of explosives and a second hand cortina. That's proper, old-school terrorism.

Obviously you have to do a bit of gun running and drug dealing in the background to finance it but your proper fanatic doesn't let himself get sidetracked into thinking that is a viable business.

redgunamo
10-20-2023, 12:02 PM
It's all rather sad. All the romance has gone.

What was wrong with the old format? A few wild-eyed fanatics with a few bags of explosives and a second hand cortina. That's proper, old-school terrorism.

Obviously you have to do a bit of gun running and drug dealing in the background to finance it but your proper fanatic doesn't let himself get sidetracked into thinking that is a viable business.