PDA

View Full Version : Michael Oliver, I've always thought he was one of the better referees

PSRB
10-09-2023, 12:30 PM
but how the hell was that not a 2nd yellow!!?

I can just about see how Kovacic didn't get a red for the 1st one (although I still think it was) but that 2nd one was a stick on yellow and he clearly saw it as he gave the foul.

IUFG
10-09-2023, 12:34 PM

I can just about see how Kovacic didn't get a red for the 1st one (although I still think it was) but that 2nd one was a stick on yellow and he clearly saw it as he gave the foul.

wasn't it Oliver who gave Martinelli 2 x yellows = red. Not seen that before or since.

The second yellow wasn't given because the PL couldn't afford for its flagship product to be devalued.

Corrupt as ****.

Pat Vegas
10-09-2023, 12:39 PM

at least they didn't add a riduclous amount of additional time

PSRB
10-09-2023, 01:15 PM
wasn't it Oliver who gave Martinelli 2 x yellows = red. Not seen that before or since.

The second yellow wasn't given because the PL couldn't afford for its flagship product to be devalued.

Corrupt as ****.

Yes it was. Still generally one of the better ones. Certainly not as useless as Anthony Taylor......or Mike Riley

Peter
10-09-2023, 02:21 PM

He simply didn't want to give it. He saw it, he knew immediately what he had to do and immediately refused to do it. That isn't a mistake, it's a choice.

IUFG
10-09-2023, 02:37 PM
......or Mike Riley

you **** ;-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mM747L9Wf8M

PSRB
10-09-2023, 02:40 PM
you **** ;-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mM747L9Wf8M

Would have been rude not to :-)