PDA

View Full Version : So the AWIMB experts have embarassed themselves again

WES
10-08-2023, 05:58 PM
:hehe:

Not only did we beat City, Arteta’s substitutes created and scored the goal that won it.

Perhaps football analysis should always end with something along the lines of ‘of course as an armchair expert I know nothing compared to the manager’

:-)

Arsenal Alcoholic Review
10-08-2023, 06:05 PM
Did anybody else scratch their head when Arteta followed normal procedure and didn’t bring on the subs when it went to a corner despite all 3 subs being about 6’3 and good in the air compared to the three 5’8 midgets that were hooked?

Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult
10-08-2023, 06:13 PM

Not only did we beat City, Arteta’s substitutes created and scored the goal that won it.

Perhaps football analysis should always end with something along the lines of ‘of course as an armchair expert I know nothing compared to the manager’

Oh, come on, Wes. I always admit I know nothing about football. Only like the ones with cannons on their tîts. But maybe they were all reverse jinxing, in which case, the boys done good.

Kai getting his first assist as a back-to-goal lump of a CF, not a creative no.10 playing inside forward.

Tommy did very well for that - I guess MA is just gonna use him in all these roles until Timber is unfelled.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
10-08-2023, 06:35 PM

And your analysis should end with “as a moose bothering syrup guzzler, I know even less” :-)

7sisters
10-08-2023, 07:01 PM

In mitigation, Arsenal fans endured years of disappointment and self doubt. Ferguson and Mourinho heaped untold humiliation upon Wenger’s withering reign. Glass half empty has been branded into our very souls.
We were all resigned to being squished by City’s juggernaut last season, like some labouring, overweight bluebottle on a windscreen. To put Guardiola to the sword, courtesy of a deflection off of Ake’s right nostril proves there really is a God

Ok. How am I doing ?

10-08-2023, 07:48 PM
In mitigation, Arsenal fans endured years of disappointment and self doubt. Ferguson and Mourinho heaped untold humiliation upon Wenger’s withering reign. Glass half empty has been branded into our very souls.
We were all resigned to being squished by City’s juggernaut last season, like some labouring, overweight bluebottle on a windscreen. To put Guardiola to the sword, courtesy of a deflection off of Ake’s right nostril proves there really is a God

Ok. How am I doing ?

Hallelujah. At last someone gets it. Almost like Ganpati's trunk knocked the ball in.

And the best bit was He deflected the ball at such an angle that it hit the metal bar at the back of the goal with a Divinely satisfying thwonk.

PSRB
10-09-2023, 07:46 AM

Err...this you?
:nod:

Every result this weekend has gone against us, 7s.

Only one thing happening tomorrow :cry:

Luis Anaconda
10-09-2023, 08:50 AM
Err...this you?

:clap: :clap: :clap:

WES
10-09-2023, 12:58 PM
Err...this you?

Yeah because I was being entirely serious there PRSB :rolleyes:

It was more :fishing: for Peter actually :-)

Luis Anaconda
10-09-2023, 01:45 PM

AM I not an expert though? Since I predicted the win?

Peter
10-09-2023, 02:15 PM

In a way, I was right. If we had done what I expected us to do we would have lost. :-)

Well done, Arteta. Lovely to see that we can play a more cautious version of ourselves. Draw would have been ok.

10-09-2023, 03:00 PM
In a way, I was right. If we had done what I expected us to do we would have lost. :-)

Well done, Arteta. Lovely to see that we can play a more cautious version of ourselves. Draw would have been ok.

I'd expected us to sell TP5 cos we needed the cash, but once we kept him, I had a feeling that for tough games we might start with TP5 {here it was Jorgy initially} at DM with Dec playing in GX's old role where Kai's been playing.

Keep it safe and then bring on an attacking inside-left for TP5 and drop Dec to DM later if needed.

MA's sort of admitted he was wrong to break the Saliba-Gabby partnership and the White-Ødin-Saka axis on the right. Hopefully soon, Rambo gets another chance. And hopefully Kai comes good or we try with Fab and/or ESR there.

WES
10-09-2023, 08:34 PM
AM I not an expert though? Since I predicted the win?

You did predict the win, yes.

But no, you aren’t an expert :-)

Luis Anaconda
10-10-2023, 08:23 AM
You did predict the win, yes.

But no, you aren’t an expert :-)

Wouldn't have it any other way

Pat Vegas
10-10-2023, 08:59 AM
can't we all be friends?

redgunamo
10-13-2023, 10:14 AM
Surely we're loaded nowadays, aren't we?

I'd expected us to sell TP5 cos we needed the cash, but once we kept him, I had a feeling that for tough games we might start with TP5 {here it was Jorgy initially} at DM with Dec playing in GX's old role where Kai's been playing.

Keep it safe and then bring on an attacking inside-left for TP5 and drop Dec to DM later if needed.

MA's sort of admitted he was wrong to break the Saliba-Gabby partnership and the White-Ødin-Saka axis on the right. Hopefully soon, Rambo gets another chance. And hopefully Kai comes good or we try with Fab and/or ESR there.

PSRB
10-13-2023, 10:25 AM

We do seem to have finally got our **** together, commercially.

10-13-2023, 10:59 AM

We seem to be. Imagine if AW had been told to spunk this sort of cash when we had Santi-Ozil-Alexis, Kos-Per etc.

Apparently the Yanks wouldn't put any money in until the Uzbek fücked off.

All David Dein's fault, both ways. We could still beowned by a board of City-boy Gooners.